+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Nikhil1824

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Did the police verification take place at your residence or did they give you one without it? Did the PCC arrive within 2 days? Mine took 2 weeks two years ago when I did it last time. I have applied for it again just yesterday.
Yes police did come, in had recently got my passport renewed ( less than 15days ) this expedited the process, plus my family knew the verification officer personally.

It usually takes about 2 weeks in majority of the cases.

D

Deleted member 1050918

This thread on Canada subreddit was a bit demoralizing. Is the situation that bad?
Well... I tried to warn fellas here. Facts about Canada:

1. Housing market is shit. Costs are crazy high.
2. Job market is shit. There are no jobs outside of ON and QC. So good luck with paying your ridiculously high rent and bills.
3. The above two don't seem to be getting any better because Canada doesn't need skilled immigrants and also apparently can't build new houses on that vast land for some fucking unfathomable reason.

And you know what? It will get even worse. We, people who are immigrating to Canada in 2022-2023, will be the ones fucked worst. Why? Because of the post pandemic economy. What is that? A LEGENDARY LEVEL OF INFLATION. Thanks to the commie loving dumbass JT, the government printed so much money to pay the lazyass Canadian dumbasses who didn't wanna work at all in the past two years but would rather enjoy free fake money printed by the govt in large sums. JT did that for votes because he was gonna be the hero of the pandemic but it also backfired. So basically everybody lost.

What a magnificiently dumbass country and its citizens alike.

Now one of two things will happen next:

1. Dumbfuck Canadians will continue to support the commie loving liberal party and keep selling their land AND people to the Chinese invaders. The economy and living in Canada will get even worse.

2. Many people will wisen up out of the blue and vote conservative next election. Inflation will still hit but the end result won't be as bad as 1.

The only name who can save Canada right now is Pierre Poilievre.

And if you don't believe me, a filthy foreigner, take it from a Canadian born: https://www.reddit.com/r/canada/comments/to4i41/_/i24zmzq

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 994371

The only name who can save Canada right now is Pierre Poilievre.
I am not saying a change is not needed, but that just sounds like hopium to me.

Countries keep going through the ebb and flow of conservatives and liberals only to realize that they are two sides of the same coin.

Reactions: RSub

zekkeh

Sep 15, 2019
This thread on Canada subreddit was a bit demoralizing. Is the situation that bad?
in literally every country’s subreddit, you’d find threads talking about why their country is a shithole and why their future in the country is going to be bleak going forward. that’s just how talking about politics will devolve into. my friends from germany, also complain about life in germany. in the US, they’ll also find things to complain about. it’s hard to say objectively if the situation here is that bad, but I moved to Alberta from another developed Asian country and I’m still loving it here so far, because it felt far worse, far more expensive back home, and it’s just so much more beautiful here

D

Deleted member 1050918

but I moved to Alberta from another developed Asian country
There isn't a place in the west that you wouldn't like since your country has terrible living (be it due to low purchasing power, freedom, or both). So it's funny to ask you for a comparison or what's happening in the west. The comparison is between western countries about which ones are better or worse. Comparing eastern countries with western countries and saying "I'm loving it here" is plain funny. Coming from an eastern/asian country with low purchasing power and/or freedom, of course you are loving it there, you'd be loving it anywhere in the west.

Vidnomenon

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-10-2020
Passport Req..
20-06-2022
There isn't a place in the west that you wouldn't like since your country has terrible living (be it due to low purchasing power, freedom, or both). So it's funny to ask you for a comparison or what's happening in the west. The comparison is between western countries about which ones are better or worse. Comparing eastern countries with western countries and saying "I'm loving it here" is plain funny. Coming from an eastern/asian country with low purchasing power and/or freedom, of course you are loving it there, you'd be loving it anywhere in the west.
Most people moving to Canada would be from the political south (aka shit hole countries) where the West is idealised because it really is better than some of the outright madness we have to live through everyday.

For example, inflation in my country is spinning like a tornado and we're prepping for a major election soon, which usually makes everything turn inside out.

Canada is subjectively (and objectively) more stable. But are you saying once we get to Canada we'll still be disappointed?

Because I imagine with a better a economy/society we have a better shot at life than we currently do in our current countries.

I don't imagine Canada is perfect, I don't think setting foot in the country automatically cleansing me of all my troubles but surely we have a better chance at making it, right?

If not then this whole journey has been less of a sacrifice and more of suicide

Shahrivar

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
If you have a PCC from Finland, issued after you left, you can use that if they request for a Finland PCC.
Yes, I applied for it after I left Finland. But with the IRCC, anything is possible including the fact that they could have asked for the new PCC when they sent me the re-med request. Absolute chaos and lack of an organized process are visible everywhere.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Canada is subjectively (and objectively) more stable. But are you saying once we get to Canada we'll still be disappointed?

I don't imagine Canada is perfect, I don't think setting foot in the country automatically cleansing me of all my troubles but surely we have a better chance at making it, right?

If not then this whole journey has been less of a sacrifice and more of suicide
Whether it'll be sacrifice or suicide will really depend on your current circumstances and possibilities in the future. If you are from a shithole country as you said, depending on the depth of that shithole, chances are you'll find better living in Canada. The circumstances are terrible in your home country after all, what do you have to lose?

But now try to think broadly. The discussion is about Canada's problems and how they compare to other developed western countries. Would you take any word from a starving African young adult on this? The dude is even starving, any place will be "good" to him. My point was this, this discussion is funny when people from terrible countries are commenting. Canada receives quite a many immigrants from okay to good western countries. Those people have different circumstances and (higher) standards, so it should be their opinion you consult if you really want to know if Canada is a good country or not.

Long story short, Canada vs <eastern country> won't tell you if Canada is a good country. Canada vs <western country> will.

Vidnomenon

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-10-2020
Passport Req..
20-06-2022
Whether it'll be sacrifice or suicide will really depend on your current circumstances and possibilities in the future. If you are from a shithole country as you said, depending on the depth of that shithole, chances are you'll find better living in Canada. The circumstances are terrible in your home country after all, what do you have to lose?

But now try to think broadly. The discussion is about Canada's problems and how they compare to other developed western countries. Would you take any word from a starving African young adult on this? The dude is even starving, any place will be "good" to him. My point was this, this discussion is funny when people from terrible countries are commenting. Canada receives quite a many immigrants from okay to good western countries. Those people have different circumstances and (higher) standards, so it should be their opinion you consult if you really want to know if Canada is a good country or not.

Long story short, Canada vs <eastern country> won't tell you if Canada is a good country. Canada vs <western country> will.
Agreed, our perspective about Canada may not exhaustively define the country given our background but do you really also think Canada doesn't need high skilled immigrants?

What do you think is the best compromise for both sides in terms of expectations?

D

Deleted member 1050918

do you really also think Canada doesn't need high skilled immigrants?
Doesn't matter what I think, gotta look at real numbers. Right now, the avg length of job hunt for fresh immigrants is somewhere between 6-12 months (depends on field, do your own research to verify). Well, if Canada needs this many skilled immigrants so bad, why do they have to wait for half to a full year on average to find a proper job?

Another evidence Canada doesn't need this many skilled immigrants is found in the updated immigration levels by IRCC for 2022 (google it). As soon as there was an uncalculated overflow of refugees and TR2PRs in 2020 and 2021, what did IRCC do? Cut down the quota on Federal High Skilled (FSW+CEC) in half. Furthermore, what immigration program did IRCC give up on for nearly 2 years? FSW, which is a large chunk of the Federal High Skilled pool. See? IRCC is literally screaming "I don't need Federal High Skilled that much".

This isn't unexpected if you know a bit about the job market in Canada. Spend some time on LinkedIn and Indeed, look at what fields have how many jobs. And look at how many candidates applied. You'll understand how IRCC can afford to literally give up on Federal High Skilled candidates altogether. In my opinion, the entire quota of Federal High Skilled is a waste. The quota PNP has is enough, about 80k per year. 40k of that could be given to PNPs while the other 40k can be given to FSW+CEC and Canada would have the same number of engineers but obviously less number of Uber drivers or burger flippers with PhD degrees.

What do you think is the best compromise for both sides in terms of expectations?
Immigrants vs a foreign government is a zero sum game. As I said before, I don't think Canada needs this many immigrants so on the govt's part, the quotas should be cut down to 40-50%. On the immigrants' part, they should better do their research to adjust their expectations. Many immigrants will be okay with their situation in Canada because they're better off driving Uber in Vancouver than starving in their home countries. However, immigrants from normal countries should plan ahead and be prepared to dig through shit for 6-12 months or more.