Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
They are processed by canada inland VOs. While the rest are processed by other VOs that would rather do anything but their jobs.
I don’t believe that to be true. There are many inland VOs that process outland applicantions plus the final decision to issue a PPR also comes from an inland VO

izzyhu1106

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I don’t believe that to be true. There are many inland VOs that process outland applicantions plus the final decision to issue a PPR also comes from an inland VO
I have a question.
So my primary VO is Hong Kong and secondary VO is CIO.
11 months since AOR and eligibility is not started yet. My question is which VO will do the eligibility check?
I'm not sure which one should I blame for the huge delay.:oops:

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I wonder what’s the reason behind the discrimination that exists to issue PPRs for outlanders residing in the US? If the policy is to not issue any PPR to FSWs outside of Canada then those US based applicants should fall within the same bracket but somehow IRCC keep issuing PPRs to them but not to anyone else outside of Canada and the US (non PNP)
There is no discrimination. I and many US applicants that I know still haven’t received even one ghost update since Jan 2021.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
There is no discrimination. I and many US applicants that I know still haven’t received even one ghost update since Jan 2021.
Bro, my point is not that the US based applications are getting processed like normal. The very few outland PPRs we have seen for FSWs have all been for US based applicants. This has been the case since before the travel restrictions were lifted.

Jraci

Jul 28, 2018
I have a question.
So my primary VO is Hong Kong and secondary VO is CIO.
11 months since AOR and eligibility is not started yet. My question is which VO will do the eligibility check?
I'm not sure which one should I blame for the huge delay.:oops:
Primary Visa office will do all the processing and send you ppr mail

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Bro, my point is not that the US based applications are getting processed like normal. The very few outland PPRs we have seen for FSWs have all been for US based applicants. This has been the case since before the travel restrictions were lifted.
Normal? No brother. We are treated the same way as everyone. It all depends on the visa offices handling the cases. Our cases are handled in CPC Ottawa. Almost all other outland non US cases are processed at VO's outside Canada. Moreover, I haven't seen the US cases processed from Ottawa so far. It's either Montreal or some VO's issuing PPR's. Ottawa is sleeping on our cases like rest.

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Question here for those who took the study route, particularly those getting a Ph.D or MS, do you know which Canadian universities accept WES course-by-course evaluations? I've done some digging into this, and I've only found McMaster University, and even by their description it's a bit vague.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Question here for those who took the study route, particularly those getting a Ph.D or MS, do you know which Canadian universities accept WES course-by-course evaluations? I've done some digging into this, and I've only found McMaster University, and even by their description it's a bit vague.
Why do you need to provide WES evaluations instead of your regular transcripts?

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Why do you need to provide WES evaluations instead of your regular transcripts?
Two reasons,

1. It's really hard to get transcripts from my home country, if you're already in Canada.
2. WES evaluated my degree as a Master's Degree

I've looked at WES (USA), there's a short list of reputable Universities that accept WES course-by-course evaluations. Some of them, like the University of Santa Clara actually ONLY accept WES evaluations as proof of degree equivalency, for international degrees. I'm searching if there's something like that in Canada which accepts WES (Canada) evaluations as proof of degree equivalency. UoT and UBC definitely don't accept them.

GaryChapman VP

Mar 24, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
Two reasons,

1. It's really hard to get transcripts from my home country, if you're already in Canada.
2. WES evaluated my degree as a Master's Degree

I've looked at WES (USA), there's a short list of reputable Universities that accept WES course-by-course evaluations. Some of them, like the University of Santa Clara actually ONLY accept WES evaluations as proof of degree equivalency, for international degrees. I'm searching if there's something like that in Canada which accepts WES (Canada) evaluations as proof of degree equivalency. UoT and UBC definitely don't accept them.
It will be hard to find such universities unless, as you mentioned they are looking to assess degree equivalency which is needed when you get course exemptions, transfer credits, etc.

Wouldn’t you have some third party handlers in your home country who undertake this for you?

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
It will be hard to find such universities unless, as you mentioned they are looking to assess degree equivalency which is needed when you get course exemptions, transfer credits, etc.
Yeah I know, but after stumbling across McMaster, and a list that shows that some US universites actually relies on WES to do course-by-course evaluations. I just got curious, if there might be some other Universities in Canada which accepts WES evaluations.

Wouldn’t you have some third party handlers in your home country who undertake this for you?
Unfortunately no, and the institutions in my country is still quite primitive in terms of digital infrastructure, so I can't rely on that either.

Besides it won't solve problem #2 where WES evaluates my credentials as Master's degree. UoT, and UBC only treats them as Bachelor's which means I won't be able to apply for a Ph.D.