+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Okay, here some story to return the attention to FSW-O people's stories guys. There is no need to talk about other programs, refugees etc. in FSW-O thread. There are many other threads for other programs.

I hired a teacher from Scotland to prepare for the IELTS exams in early 2019. I had to get 8 out of 9 in order to make my CRS eligible for immigration. After months of preparation I failed, and failed again. Even though I started studying at 04:30 in the morning, went to my full-time job, then continued studying until 23:00 everyday for months, I failed twice. I got a general score of 7.5 from IELTS (writing 6.5). It was enough to study anything in Canada, but wasn't enough for immigration. After all, I was lacking that expensive Canadian education, and I had to be much better than inlanders to be eligible for FSW. I had been struggling to pay for more lessons due to terrible exchange rate of my local currency, but at some point something magical happened.

My teacher knew that I wasn't a rich kid, studying IELTS just to get an average score to study in a paid school in Canada with dady's money. She knew I was trying to change my life, change the geography I was born in, the people and the lifestyle I don't feel belong to. She knew I wanted to breath. I've never asked, but somehow she offered me free lessons, as much as I want. (Even just offering this could have cost her, her job if the company between us learned that.) We studied late in the nights, until I see her blue eyes turn into red from sleeplessness on my computer screen. She told me, "You'll pass it. I'm with you no matter how long it will take, you'll pass it. We'll get you out of your country." It was no longer about passing an exam, it was about changing someone's life. She sent me books internationally, and not only language books but also encouraging ones for absolutely free.

I passed the exam with an 8, a month and a half after my last failed attempt. She was the first person whom I shared the good news with, even before my own family. We filled my immigration forms together, and we've been in touch since then. Time passed... A month, a year, two years passed since my ITA. Today she wrote to me again, asking wheter my Canadian immigration situation has improved or not. It hurts still writing an explanation, an excuse to that person after all she did for me out of kindness and pure goodness of her heart. I still remember her red eyes encouraging me and trying to teach me a bit more, late in the nights, and I feel like a piece of shit for failing to do my part in this story.

Answering to my colleagues, family, friends about why a 6-month immigration process took 2 years and still going on is something. I can face it, I am infact facing it every f.cking day. But I no longer have the energy and the face to answer her anymore. :(
Maybe covid doesn't exist in this alternate universe so they keep asking why a 6 months process is taking 2+ years.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
First of all: Big Big Congrats. At this point a PNP seems the best option, and after all it is Ontario bro. You got Toronto there ^^
I kinda have experienced this kind of situation before in my life. You are insisting on something and it won't happen. You leave it alone and move on with other options and it happens :)
thanks but still i ain't accepting appreciations cause it ain't FSW ITA,

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Okay, here some story to return the attention to FSW-O people's stories guys. There is no need to talk about other programs, refugees etc. in FSW-O thread. There are many other threads for other programs.

I hired a teacher from Scotland to prepare for the IELTS exams in early 2019. I had to get 8 out of 9 in order to make my CRS eligible for immigration. After months of preparation I failed, and failed again. Even though I started studying at 04:30 in the morning, went to my full-time job, then continued studying until 23:00 everyday for months, I failed twice. I got a general score of 7.5 from IELTS (writing 6.5). It was enough to study anything in Canada, but wasn't enough for immigration. After all, I was lacking that expensive Canadian education, and I had to be much better than inlanders to be eligible for FSW. I had been struggling to pay for more lessons due to terrible exchange rate of my local currency, but at some point something magical happened.

My teacher knew that I wasn't a rich kid, studying IELTS just to get an average score to study in a paid school in Canada with dady's money. She knew I was trying to change my life, change the geography I was born in, the people and the lifestyle I don't feel belong to. She knew I wanted to breath. I've never asked, but somehow she offered me free lessons, as much as I want. (Even just offering this could have cost her, her job if the company between us learned that.) We studied late in the nights, until I see her blue eyes turn into red from sleeplessness on my computer screen. She told me, "You'll pass it. I'm with you no matter how long it will take, you'll pass it. We'll get you out of your country." It was no longer about passing an exam, it was about changing someone's life. She sent me books internationally, and not only language books but also encouraging ones for absolutely free.

I passed the exam with an 8, a month and a half after my last failed attempt. She was the first person whom I shared the good news with, even before my own family. We filled my immigration forms together, and we've been in touch since then. Time passed... A month, a year, two years passed since my ITA. Today she wrote to me again, asking wheter my Canadian immigration situation has improved or not. It hurts still writing an explanation, an excuse to that person after all she did for me out of kindness and pure goodness of her heart. I still remember her red eyes encouraging me and trying to teach me a bit more, late in the nights, and I feel like a piece of shit for failing to do my part in this story.

Answering to my colleagues, family, friends about why a 6-month immigration process took 2 years and still going on is something. I can face it, I am infact facing it every f.cking day. But I no longer have the energy and the face to answer her anymore. :(
There are better, less expensive ways to prepare for the IELTS than to overwork yourself like crazy.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hi Guys,
If someone could help me out with my query..
I have submitted my renewed passport to IRCC via webform? Will i get some mail from them for acknowledging it or is it just the update on my profile thats it….
They may send you a generic email saying "They are busy with afghan processing" but not anything related to your case. You did your part. Don't worry.

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
There are better, less expensive ways to prepare for the IELTS than to overwork yourself like crazy.
If the target score is getting 8/9 from the most reputable English language exam in the world in such a short time, trust me mate there is no better way. Especially if you have been living your entire life in a country where not many people speak English, and you have no significant prior knowledge in this language.

Other than that, I just wanted to share my emotional burden, my story and how I feel with other FSW applicants here. How I prepared for the exam is just a technical detail. :)

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
If my crs didn't go down, i wouldn't have gotten an ITA via PNP or FSW, especially as the pool is growing which reached 185k applicants and when the draws resume i
If the target score is getting 8/9 from the most reputable English language exam in the world in such a short time, trust me mate there is no better way. Especially if you have been living your entire life in a country where not many people speak English, and you have no significant prior knowledge in this language.

Other than that, I just wanted to share my emotional burden, my story and how I feel with other FSW applicants here. How I prepared for the exam is just a technical detail. :)

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
And remembering those folks who left the thread long ago who called out that delaying and holding the fsw draws were more political than the actual covid reason itself.
I also remember people fighting over whether higher CRS equals "higher qualifications". Many 470+ people are making posts in FB groups saying their qualifications are higher because they have a high CRS score but OINP is not inviting them which is unfair lol...

Reactions: dankboi

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020

I'm not discounting the difficulties each applicant has faced to get here. Just saying there are smarter ways to prepare for the IELTS but there are very few places/people that give the right guidance and preparation.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
I am just tired of reading and trying to understand what exactly is the reason of not doing FSW draws, I am simply just waiting :)

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
I also remember people fighting over whether higher CRS equals "higher qualifications". Many 470+ people are making posts in FB groups saying their qualifications are higher because they have a high CRS score but OINP is not inviting them which is unfair lol...
CRS isn't only about "qualification" so the point about higher CRS = higher qualification doesn't make sense.