+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
I GOT THE NUMBERS. BACKLOG IS HUGE RIGHT NOW.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/afghanistan/key-figures.html
The information below is up to date as of September 27, 2021
Applications
Applications received (counted in persons)
Applications approved (counted in persons)
This is for Afghan cases. They’ve received 13,400 applications and processed over 70% of those already. I don’t see the huge backlog here

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
This is for Afghan cases. They’ve received 13,400 applications and processed over 70% of those already. I don’t see the huge backlog here
They might finish that processing by the end of the month. Plus they plan to reach out to all expired COPRs as well. Maybe November they’ll have more resources to process….CEC

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
They might finish that processing by the end of the month. Plus they plan to reach out to all expired COPRs as well. Maybe November they’ll have more resources to process….CEC
Pretty sure they have already processed more than 50% of CEC applications received this year (I’m guessing around 70%); plus CEC invited have been dropping in number (since July) and frequency (September). They will easily process almost all the remaining CEC backlog from this year this month. The application timeline status is not accurate; I’ve seen several CEC applicants with AORs as recent as August already get eCOPRs (so IRCC saying they are processing most applications received in late February is so wrong). November/December is when I think IRCC would have alot of resources to start shifting focus to other categories

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
The whole thing is comical ... from a once in a lifetime pandemic stopping immigration; to the prioritization of low ranked CECs by the IRCC; to the Afghan military giving up without a fight causing a refugee crisis, where of course, Trudeau just had to intervene and use all IRCC resources.

It's like the universe is conspiring to stop the FSWs from going to Canada. I wouldn't be surprised if we all get stuck by a meteor before they approve our applications.

An extra note of consideration for the high ranked (>467) people awaiting draws who had to see provinces setting an upper score limit on their draws :) . It can't get more comical than that.

berational

Star Member
Sep 10, 2021
The whole thing is comical ... from a once in a lifetime pandemic stopping immigration; to the prioritization of low ranked CECs by the IRCC; to the Afghan military giving up without a fight causing a refugee crisis, where of course, Trudeau just had to intervene and use all IRCC resources.

It's like the universe is conspiring to stop the FSWs from going to Canada. I wouldn't be surprised if we all get stuck by a meteor before they approve our applications.

An extra note of consideration for the high ranked (>467) people awaiting draws who had to see provinces setting an upper score limit on their draws :) . It can't get more comical than that.
No doubt about resumption of FSW. Sooner or later, it will happen. But, I am sure it will come back with a lot of changes ( more points for Canadian education, noc based selection). 467 will not be enough to get ITA in future. I guess, atleast score of 480 would be become new normal.

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
No doubt about resumption of FSW. Sooner or later, it will happen. But, I am sure it will come back with a lot of changes ( more points for Canadian education, noc based selection). 467 will not be enough to get ITA in future. I guess, atleast score of 480 would be become new normal.
Once there is an FSW draw, the high cutoff for provincial nominations will change accordingly. It's only now that the high ranked people are in this comical position.

taah

Star Member
Oct 5, 2021
Even if your speculations about changes to the EE system become true( which will not happen in the near future), limiting eligible noc codes will significantly reduce the score as it'll reduce the number of eligible candidates in all streams.

Reactions: Khans96

GurpreetKalra23

Aug 31, 2020
Even if your speculations about changes to the EE system become true( which will not happen in the near future), limiting eligible noc codes will significantly reduce the score as it'll reduce the number of eligible candidates in all streams.
Additional Skill B going to TEER 3 would also make few people ineligible.

Canada would go back to early 460s at end of 2022. Any bets ?

Reason: They did not invite anyone from FSW this year and I think they are gonna reverse this completely next year. I even heard increasing age limit from 30 to 32 and giving more points for 5 yr experience than 3 yr experience. We never know what is in store

admcdonald

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019
As a 2019 aor fsw, a native English speaker <30yo with a phd, 3+ years work experience and a long-term job offer from Canada, now inland and soon eligible for cec at CRS 586, I am going to sit here and see what else Mendicino can do to fuck over this application.

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
As a 2019 aor fsw, a native English speaker <30yo with a phd, 3+ years work experience and a long-term job offer from Canada, now inland and soon eligible for cec at CRS 586, I am going to sit here and see what else Mendicino can do to fuck over this application.
That will break the CEC record.

Mendicino won't do anything, just wait for Oct 12 and you'll have your CEC ITA.

Reactions: admcdonald

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
Additional Skill B going to TEER 3 would also make few people ineligible.

Canada would go back to early 460s at end of 2022. Any bets ?

Reason: They did not invite anyone from FSW this year and I think they are gonna reverse this completely next year. I even heard increasing age limit from 30 to 32 and giving more points for 5 yr experience than 3 yr experience. We never know what is in store
I don't see how limiting some NOC will have an impact on points. Most higher points applicants don't work on NOC B jobs anyway.

Increasing age limit is basically impossible...

Oct 5, 2021
Even if it will be NOC based draw,that will also be applied to CECs not just FSWs. This has been discussed a lot in the thread.