+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
Just now IRCC twotted that they will not be answering any questions till 4th of October - Thank you for your understanding hahahhaha ohhh boy - they are just adding more fuel to the flames
Lol,when did they answer in the last 2 years ? IRCC and their excuses.

MortyC137

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
Basically, there is a DOCUMENT ISSUANCE section.

Created Date:
Updated Date:
UCI:
Client/Party: PA
Document #: xxxxx
Document: COPR/CRP
Valid to: 2022/08/20
Serial#:
Name: xxxx
DOB: xx
Print Queue:
...and other info down below in the page

hope it helps.
It says "not started" so I don't think they sent you anything. Check below to see if there is any outgoing correspondence.
Judging by the validity date, they renewed your medicals on August 20, but it doesn't mean that the CoPR was issued on that day. (I could be wrong of course)
Isn't the issuance date written above?

Reactions: yjus

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
I’ve been trying really hard to understand what logic an all program draw would have right after a PNP draw. Honestly, if it happens, I’m done with trying to understand IRCC.

rocky123987

Sep 22, 2021
FSW-O, OCT-2020 AOR. COR - US. Canadian PR Sibling. Spouse's COR has not been updated to US since I last raised the webform for it in May 2021 (5th time and then gave up). Have seen no movement since Jan 2021.

Been following the forums for months now, and given my situation, I fully empathize with everyone, but wondering whether our situation is truly as unfair as we feel (for most of us, not all).

Would it be fair to prioritize us, who have our families and access to first-world amenities over those who are separated from their families, or the refugees who spend more time worrying about their safety than reading through our comments on this forum, or CECs who have worked and paid taxes in Canada?

Also, logically, it'd make more sense to prioritize people already in Canada when you know that it's the group that'd be least impacted by travel issues. I understand that the bans are now lifted, but it'd take them a while to go over the backlog, especially when we are (rightly?) not the priority. Moreover, finding workers has clearly been a challenge in every industry over the past months, so it'll also take IRCC a while to get back up to speed.

I still believe that the Canadian Immigration system works much better compared to its closest comparable - US's is a total mess.

Give your own situation an honest thought and let me know how you feel.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
FSW-O, OCT-2020 AOR. COR - US. Canadian PR Sibling. Spouse's COR has not been updated to US since I last raised the webform for it in May 2021 (5th time and then gave up). Have seen no movement since Jan 2021.

Been following the forums for months now, and given my situation, I fully empathize with everyone, but wondering whether our situation is truly as unfair as we feel (for most of us, not all).

Would it be fair to prioritize us, who have our families and access to first-world amenities over those who are separated from their families, or the refugees who spend more time worrying about their safety than reading through our comments on this forum, or CECs who have worked and paid taxes in Canada?

Also, logically, it'd make more sense to prioritize people already in Canada when you know that it's the group that'd be least impacted by travel issues. I understand that the bans are now lifted, but it'd take them a while to go over the backlog, especially when we are (rightly?) not the priority. Moreover, finding workers has clearly been a challenge in every industry over the past months, so it'll also take IRCC a while to get back up to speed.

I still believe that the Canadian Immigration system works much better compared to its closest comparable - US's is a total mess.

Travel restrictions is no longer an issue so all that is invalid considering there is no reason for prioritizing any more. And no, the fact that TR are are away from family shouldn’t give them priority for ITAs, since express entry is to find the best candidate and not the worse sob story.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Travel restrictions is no longer an issue so all that is invalid considering there is no reason for prioritizing any more. And no, the fact that TR are are away from family shouldn’t give them priority for ITAs, since express entry is to find the best candidate and not the worse sob story.
And seriously? CEC pays taxes so they should get priority for ITAs and processing? That’s the most bullshit excuse out there. Express entry is who has highest score and not who pays more taxes. They have resources to process everyone, they are just focusing on processing CEC in 45 days while FSW in 2 years+. And don’t come try saying it’s easier for one and not for another. You don’t know our story. If you are living fine in the Us thats your problem, don’t try speaking for others.

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
Meeting the overall target is at a huge risk unless they release bulk PPRs in the 4th quarter. They need to land at least 256k immigrants in the 3rd and 4th quarter to attain that goal; an almost impossible task unless they do the needful. IRCC is definitely serious about meeting targets though, that’s why they doubled the Afghan refugee intake but that can only do so much with regards to meeting the goal
Afghans intake doesn’t relate to PR targets.
Refugees don’t get PR right away. There is a long process to become PR after one granted refugee status in Canada. It takes years.

They landed 39560 in July so they are meeting their target if they just slightly increase (to 41 500) landing numbers for Aug-Dec.

IRCC never been so fast approving so many applications in history like during this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: OneStepAtATime

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021

I gave it a thought ,I am not sure about others because I cant speak for everyone but about myself
"Prioritize"-That is the key word in a first word country which boast about humanity,respect,equality there should not be any priority or consideration to anyone.It should be strictly done on FIFO basis.
"who have access to the first world amenities over those who are separated from their families,"-Everyone in this group does not have access to First world amenities ,I can speak for india atleast 4 years ago ,I can tell you it is a 3rd world nation.I might be bit biased here most of the people in third world have sacrificed a lot for example an average Indian mostly will be MS/Mtech/ME in this forum.I can assure you he has written 200+ exams for undergrad(60 courses -3 internal exam and 1 comprehensive exam),Atleast 30 exams for their masters and still work for 30K INR (If at all he/she gets a job),what I meant by telling is if life was so easy there no one would be here .
I have seen several in this foroum who are not getting married or changing the life plans because their processing time will be extended if they add a new member-Is it canada's problem -NO ,but again everyone deserves a fair chance

About refugees-Dont take me wrong when I say this this has almost been a regular affair; 5 years ago it was syria ,then it became Yemen,After that now it is Afganistan.At that time Canada didnt have this much consederations now I am not sure where they got all this compassion from.

CEC paying taxes-I am quoting @RSub here ,a couple of hours ago I was telling the same thing what you said ,but he changed my perception what he said is right ,first of all tax is mandatory ;they are not doing any favour ,second most of this so called CEC folks that we are talking about is not even able to get a decent CRS (I know a couple of them,personally) and most of them work for min wage(every job deserves respect,I am not talking about that ) and they barely manage to get a 7 in IELTS which means they come in lower income brackets which means less taxes may be none.

when compared to US immigration ,I agree with you IRCC is way better atleast for Indians.
I still have faith in Canada.I am not telling that I am entitled to get a PR in Canda but I surely deserve a fair treatment from the authorities.
The only problem I have with IRCC is their silence .

rocky123987

Sep 22, 2021
To get through the backlog, prioritization is still necessary. Agree that Express Entry is not for sob stories, but Express Entry is not the only immigration program that IRCC is managing.

And seriously? CEC pays taxes so they should get priority for ITAs and processing? That’s the most bullshit excuse out there. Express entry is who has highest score and not who pays more taxes. They have resources to process everyone, they are just focusing on processing CEC in 45 days while FSW in 2 years+. And don’t come try saying it’s easier for one and not for another. You don’t know our story. If you are living fine in the Us thats your problem, don’t try speaking for others.
Express Entry is an economic immigration program, so labor market, tax revenues etc. are important and relevant. CECs are already contributing to both vs us. So, taxes are not a bullshit excuse.
Why would they not process all applications at once if they had the resources? What do they have to gain by not doing it? They need to prioritize, unfortunately.
Yes, I do not know your story, so why don't you tell us? I never claimed that I'm speaking for everyone, but it helps to look at things objectively instead of making it a sob story, which is not what EE is for, right?

I gave it a thought ,I am not sure about others because I cant speak for everyone but about myself
"Prioritize"-That is the key word in a first word country which boast about humanity,respect,equality there should not be any priority or consideration to anyone.It should be strictly done on FIFO basis.
"who have access to the first world amenities over those who are separated from their families,"-Everyone in this group does not have access to First world amenities ,I can speak for india atleast 4 years ago ,I can tell you it is a 3rd world nation.I might be bit biased here most of the people in third world have sacrificed a lot for example an average Indian mostly will be MS/Mtech/ME in this forum.I can assure you he has written 200+ exams for undergrad(60 courses -3 internal exam and 1 comprehensive exam),Atleast 30 exams for their masters and still work for 30K INR (If at all he/she gets a job),what I meant by telling is if life was so easy there no one would be here .
I have seen several in this foroum who are not getting married or changing the life plans because their processing time will be extended if they add a new member-Is it canada's problem -NO ,but again everyone deserves a fair chance

About refugees-Dont take me wrong when I say this this has almost been a regular affair; 5 years ago it was syria ,then it became Yemen,After that now it is Afganistan.At that time Canada didnt have this much consederations now I am not sure where they got all this compassion from.

CEC paying taxes-I am quoting @RSub here ,a couple of hours ago I was telling the same thing what you said ,but he changed my perception what he said is right ,first of all tax is mandatory ;they are not doing any favour ,second most of this so called CEC folks that we are talking about is not even able to get a decent CRS (I know a couple of them,personally) and most of them work for min wage(every job deserves respect,I am not talking about that ) and they barely manage to get a 7 in IELTS which means they come in lower income brackets which means less taxes may be none.

when compared to US immigration ,I agree with you IRCC is way better atleast for Indians.
I still have faith in Canada.I am not telling that I am entitled to get a PR in Canda but I surely deserve a fair treatment from the authorities.
The only problem I have with IRCC is their silence .
Firstly, thanks for debating this respectfully.

Equality requires priority because life does not deal with each of us the same way. India is not a 3rd-world country. I too am a product of the same system. Yes, the competition is intense, but the fact that most here are MS/MTech/ME proves that the system works. Yes, 30K is not insufficient to lead a comfortable life, but would you rather have been born in Afghanistan? People not getting married or changing life plans for just a PR tells you that they have their priorities wrong.

Refugee programs have always existed, but such pandemic-related slowdowns are unprecendented, so it's not the same.

As for taxes and low CRS scores - EE is an economic program. Canada needs blue collar workers more than it needs us - look at the condition of the supply chains all around the world.

arbutuscult

Star Member
Sep 16, 2021

Agree with your points.

I just wish they were a bit more communicative and transparent because a 2+ year wait for what would've been a 6 month process is pretty brutal and it's affecting a lot of people. Not as brutal as living under Taliban rule, but brutal enough that a little more communication would've been nice and eased a lot of nerves. All they gave was the bare minimum "We cannot process these applications normally". Something like "We'll process A first and then B," or "We're putting B on hold until X" would've been nice, because tweeting "Welcome home A!" is a spit in the face for B who's been patiently waiting for 2 years with no updates.

Edit: I want to clearly state that I'm not against refugees being prioritized.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Yes, I do not know your story, so why don't you tell us? I never claimed that I'm speaking for everyone, but it helps to look at things objectively instead of making it a sob story, which is not what EE is for, right?
You generalized when you wrote "who have access to the first world amenities over those who are separated from their families,"
You just took your spoiled bratty life living in a first world country and tried making it the rule in stead of the exception it is. I don’t care for telling my story to a virtue signaling brat.
Express entry is a points based system, there are already situations considering labor needs such as PNP and extra points for job offer. So no, it was never intended to benefit CEC with CEC only draws. That was an exception for the pandemic which is no longer valid now. Those CEC would never get ITA without the pandemic and their taxes mean nothing for the express entry system.
IRCC has the resources to process all. They are processing more monthly than ever. They are CHOOSING to process CEC in 45 days when they have 6 months. Equalizing resources would allow them to process all in better timeframe.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
The sleeping Canadian Bar association has finally written a letter to Marco Mendicino to take action on processing pandemic backlogs. Guess who wrote this? Mark Holthe, the Chair of immigration section. Is he doing this after his name got damaged last week? I am not sure but just happy that he used his designation as Chair and wrote this letter along with other immigration lobbyists who may have allegedly sabotaged our dreams previously.

https://nationalmagazine.ca/en-ca/articles/cba-influence/submissions/2021/making-the-case-for-faster-immigration-processing?fbclid=IwAR0pTQaPfagVY461dLJ0-c8a-cP9QsZMeokSuO-f0jY0ZTntxoBrhF7L2SU

Letter to Marco:

https://www.cba.org/CMSPages/GetFile.aspx?guid=22fa4150-324c-4ffd-b270-529958ad7b2f
Not once has he mentioned anything about FSW applicants whether inland or outland, to expedite delayed applications or suggestions for future improvements for new applications.

The letter is basically for applicants in Canada and Refugees.

Absolutely useless guy. We should all attack his YT videos with dislikes and comments asking to support FSW applicants.

Reactions: RSub and dankboi

imm2canadaordie

Nov 1, 2017
Category........
FSW
The more I read this thread the more I become agitated and feel more and more injustice towards myself from ircc or the great random of life.

I should stop but it doesn't feel like anything else is important because I've put too much effort and money in immigration. So I just keep coming back for more misery, reading your thoughts, two sides saying they're doing right or doing wrong by prioritizing and putting most of us aside (which, to my opinion both opinions are correct), but that doesn't change the fact that I'm still stuck, can't move up my career or better my life situation because if I get the positive decision nothing here will matter anymore and all that energy will be wasted and if the decision is negative or any reason I wasted 10+ years of my life on a ghost chase and have nothing to show for it today besides two languages I learned that 95% probability I won't ever need or use in a constructive manner.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
A refugee is not a person without skills. In the case of Afghanistan, you could very well have women with high level of education that are forced to flee Afghanistan because of Taliban policy towards women, or Afghan computer guys that worked for the Canadian government in Afghanistan and could be considered as traitors by Taliban.

Now, it might take a couple of years for some of those refugees to be ready for the job market (if they don't speak English, for example).
It depends on what criterias IRCC will use when selecting the 40K Afghan refugees. I am not sure if education and job experiences will be required by the applicants to mention. The sole criteria could be whether the refugee helped Canada in Afghanistan??

Anyways, I am not at all bothered with the number of refugees because it has different immigration target than economic category. However, the huge concern is these applications will be prioritized over economic outland applicants due the life threatening risks these refugees are facing.

The 40K is the final selected applicants, but how many will apply will be ridiculously high because everyone and his uncle in Afghanistan has heard of this news and many, many will falsify their situations to secure Canadian PR. Worse yet, I believe refuge applications is primarily paper-based and that will require tedious operational work by IRCC.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Every once in a while some newbie pops up making the tired old 'paying taxes' excuse thinking they're a beacon of rationality. let's set this straight for the 100th time. I don't even know why I'm bothering, because I'm certain someone will cherrypick some of these points and strawman them to push a narrative. Watch it happen.

Taxes don't entitle you to any kind of prioritization. Taxes are a part of your agreement to live in the country legally. You get access to social programs etc as a result of it. Just because you pay taxes doesn't entitle you to a 'reward'. It means you're doing the bare minimum as a responsible resident.

Second, if someone isn't already in the country, they will start paying taxes pretty soon after landing in the country. That means EXTRA tax paying residents being brought in. Someone already in the country is already paying taxes, and will continue to be in the country and pay taxes. The most "logical" thing would be to keep extending work permits, dangling the hope of PR, and continuing to get more people from outside who will start working and paying taxes relatively soon. This means you're adding to the tax paying population instead of keeping it at a net zero (yes, converting temp residents to permanent resident is not increasing the tax paying population, it's keeping it at a net zero AT BEST). I think everyone can agree that this wouldn't be fair to people living there already.

So let's stop pretending that taxes are the main reason behind fucking FSWs in the ass. There isn't a logical justification for it anymore. it was kind of understandable that they were doing it before with the border restrictions. Now, they seem to have realized that they can milk more money from outside the country by essentially forcing people to go to overpriced universities in the country (which is what EVERY developed country already does). The entire reason canada was an attractive option was because it offered the opportunity to immigrate based on qualifications, not based on how rich you are. That has now changed and Canada has finally caught up with the rest of the developed world. Plus, they can play humanitarian on the side to maintain their image as a benevolent and accepting country (while simultaneously ignoring indigenous genocide until it became politically advantageous to address it. Yeah suddenly conservatives care about indigenous people? Sure okay bud.)

Am I salty here? Yeah for sure. I have lost 3 years of my life to this incompetence, and all they had to do make one statement about it in the LAST 10 MONTHS. But let's stop pretending that "paying taxes" has anything to do with it. It's about the money you bring in as a student. I'm sure the 40k grandpappies they're bringing in will also pay tAxEs right?