+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

raklukr

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
I know a few who have done that too. They pretty much treated it as a backup in case they couldn't get their H1B+i140 done in the US in time (Masters graduates can work for 3 years post graduation on OPT ... so that's 3 h1b lottery attempts).

I also know a few who moved to Canada for permanency, path towards first world citizenship and freedom from visa restrictions. Among my acquaintances, I would say that it's a 50-50 split.
Yeah makes sense, the US immigration backlog problem for us may never be resolved it seems. One of my reasons for moving as well.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hmm, I see. I guess in the tech/software/data science sectors salaries in Canada are nowhere near on par with the US in that case.
That's true. That is better than the fear of being sent out any day in the US.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I should actually say "attempting to move", who knows how long the PR application will take.
Just filed my H1B extension yesterday. I am good for 2 more years. It is what it is.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Is it just me or do you guys also feel this forum is becoming more silent compared to before the latest CEC draw?
People are tired of criticizing, cursing, and shouting at IRCC. There's nothing left to be said, there's no movement, no updates, nothing left to speculate. It's depressing but it is what it is.
It's in the best interest of everyone to move away for a little while until something changes.

KojiGold

Star Member
Aug 5, 2021
People are tired of criticizing, cursing, and shouting at IRCC. There's nothing left to be said, there's no movement, no updates, nothing left to speculate. It's depressing but it is what it is.
It's in the best interest of everyone to move away for a little while until something changes.
Sad but true. Even the Youtubers have stopped making all those good news, good signs videos either. I was honestly wondering how far are those people will continue making such videos. I am still 100% positive about this anyway but absolutely can't think of what to say regarding all this ongoing situation

YaC

Jan 13, 2021
Hi lads, I may be lost in this forum where seems filled with critics and complaints. So some wisdom is needed. Just one question,

How likely for IRCC to resume FSW draws

-- in a month?
-- by this year?
-- by early 2022?
-- by 2022?

Thanks.

KojiGold

Star Member
Aug 5, 2021
All is over
I understand the feeling buddy. Like all of us were feeling some sort of real hope when the PNP CEC pattern has finally stopped and then all of a sudden another CEC draw...But I still believe it is yet too soon to reach such a conclusion