+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Kiran Jayachandran

Jan 1, 2019
I have an off topic question. Appreciate if any of you have any comments on that.

What are the chances of landing onto a job if you are in Canada on a visitor status? I know there are possibilities to convert visit visa to work permit and a job offer is mandatory for that. I'm wondering whether any employer will even consider candidates on a visit visa for interview especially when we don't have SIN number.

arvind92

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
The cut off used to be in 60s
Someone I know got into the field of IT in 60 dot points.
Now in IT/Accounting,100 is not enough.
Australian immigration system isn't what Canada is pretending to be,where they invite Grandma at 75 CRS points.

arvind92

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
I have an off topic question. Appreciate if any of you have any comments on that.

What are the chances of landing onto a job if you are in Canada on a visitor status? I know there are possibilities to convert visit visa to work permit and a job offer is mandatory for that. I'm wondering whether any employer will even consider candidates on a visit visa for interview especially when we don't have SIN number.
You pay around around 30 Lakhs for such an offer..

If it is genuine,you can convert your visitor visa to a work permit.

Akrial

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Someone I know got into the field of IT in 60 dot points.
Now in IT/Accounting,100 is not enough.
Australian immigration system isn't what Canada is pretending to be,where they invite Grandma at 75 CRS points.
Hahahaha yes I wonder who would be in the pool with 75 points only... I wish they restructure it in a way that it benefits all. BTW in a recent tweet by Marco, he mentioned that "Canada is on track to accept more immigrants than at any time in the country's history". Lets hope that they issue PPR and resume FSW draw.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
I am hopping they will resume the draws soo. I am waiting since April in the pool which is not as long. We have 474 points. Recently we have missed Ontario draws for in-demand skills because we had too many points I am still hopping that we will get an ITA this year.

Reactions: KPW21

arvind92

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
I am hopping they will resume the draws soo. I am waiting since April in the pool which is not as long. We have 474 points. Recently we have missed Ontario draws for in-demand skills because we had too many points I am still hopping that we will get an ITA this year.
We will all make it....
Canadian immigration system has its many flaws too.
Why on earth OINP selects people with mediocre CRS scores..?..:p..

arvind92

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
Hahahaha yes I wonder who would be in the pool with 75 points only... I wish they restructure it in a way that it benefits all. BTW in a recent tweet by Marco, he mentioned that "Canada is on track to accept more immigrants than at any time in the country's history". Lets hope that they issue PPR and resume FSW draw.
It takes absolutely nothing to score 75 points..

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
We will all make it....
Canadian immigration system has its many flaws too.
Why on earth OINP selects people with mediocre CRS scores..?..:p..
It was funny when I saw my gf NOc code on the list - registered nurse - my feeling was, ohhhh sh** we are in - ohhh no, wait a second. The score range was between 464-467

Akrial

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Well its ridiculous. I am in this journey since 2018... By the time I scored the desired score in IELTS, the score never came to that level (lower 460s). Enrolled spouse in second qualification with an intent to make her primary applicant which is done now but there are uncertainties surrounding the express entry such as NOC specific draw...Have invested so much time and money but it seems things are not in our favour.

Last edited:

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
I would not worry for now about the potential changes in Express Wntry. I think if they will come, it will be next year. This year they should do normal draws as they were doing before.

Akrial

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
I would not worry for now about the potential changes in Express Wntry. I think if they will come, it will be next year. This year they should do normal draws as they were doing before.
Hope so... in the pool with 475+ now...lets see