+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Why it's not possible if it happened once before.
While anything is possible, it is unlikely it will happen in 2021 compared to what happened in 2012. I think one major difference is that applications now are online which wasn't the case back then. It is possible they misplaced a large number of applications / documents or it just became too cumbersome to manage the backlog of all those paper applications. No such logistical issues now. They can very well process these applications in a reasonable amount of time if they wanted to do so.

mark12345680

May 26, 2018
the IRCC updated the POF requirements for FSW applicants just this month, could mean that FSW draws will resume again. Also, the IRCC has shortened the application submission window back to 60 days, could just mean that they expect and have the manpower to process higher number of applications in a shorter timeframe. All of these is a sign that they are confident in clearing the backlogs and I expect they will be resuming FSW draws.

bbj93

Jan 25, 2017
Is it possible for someone based in Canada to file a request under the Access to Information Act to the IRCC to know the status/future of FSW program?

Jsb13

Jul 22, 2021
https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/indian-e-apr-tracker Many fsw inland candidates receiving ppr in the last 2 months. So what happens when fsw inland receives ppr do they get ecopr like cec or do they have get passport stamped and then leave Canada to complete their landing. The reason I ask is, are they treating fswo and fswi any differently because that will hold meaning for fsw apps as a whole and consequently the draw

shank15

Mar 3, 2020
I just wonder if there is any possibility that IRCC will discard and cancel all the backlogged FSW applicants as they did during 2012?
https://www.cicnews.com/2012/07/case-federal-skilled-worker-backlog-reduction-071663.html#gs.6nsh2s
Highly unlikely... according to the article, in 2012, they cancelled applications that were over 5 years old. This decision was influenced by growing backlog and their need for skilled work force. Since Canada is facing issues brought on by an aging population... they need all the immigrants they can get. Cancelling now will just be a major waste of time and resources for Canada and the applicants.

Mahi04

Jul 24, 2021
Hello Everyone,
I hope all are doing well
FSW Applicant
My AOR was 17 May 2020.
Medical Passed on 18June 2020.
Biometric request letter received on 17 July 2020. Due to ongoing crisis of Covid-19, all VFS centers across India were closed. Able to complete my Biometric almost after a year on 5 March 2021.
After that my Medical status changed from "Passed" to "You do not need Medical Exam" and my Biometrics updates for 5 March 2021.

Since then, there has been no update on my profile.
Any Leads, will be helpful.

Jaspreet13

Star Member
Dec 24, 2017
Hello Everyone,
I hope all are doing well
FSW Applicant
My AOR was 17 May 2020.
Medical Passed on 18June 2020.
Biometric request letter received on 17 July 2020. Due to ongoing crisis of Covid-19, all VFS centers across India were closed. Able to complete my Biometric almost after a year on 5 March 2021.
After that my Medical status changed from "Passed" to "You do not need Medical Exam" and my Biometrics updates for 5 March 2021.

Since then, there has been no update on my profile.
Any Leads, will be helpful.
Pls Order gcms notes you would come to know the progress of your file

joshytu

Dec 6, 2020
Few points I'm just listing out here:

1. What happened to the old FSW thread?

2. As a person who got ITA on December 9th,2020 and foolishly declined it expecting to get another ITA in Jan 2021 in order to complete 3 year work experience, I horribly regret the decision now. Not in my wildest dream did I think they wouldn't not conduct a FSW draw for the foreseeable future. I was certain even after the mega draw of 27k CEC that sometime in the past 7 months they would've conducted at least a couple of FSW draws. As my IELTS expires in 3 days and another unnecessary expenditure to retake it; I can only hope the FSW draws resume in the coming 2 years.

3. Didn't think 2021 can get any worse than 2020. I cannot imagine how bad 2022 is going to be!

4. This forum is great for all of us discuss and post relevant things as all of us are in the same boat. But I do feel this forum is highly optimistic without any logical thinking behind it. Hope is good, but I do hope that its not hope that kills our dream.

¬PSA : DO NOT OVERDOSE ON HOPIUM¬

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020

2. As a person who got ITA on December 9th,2020 and foolishly declined it expecting to get another ITA in Jan 2021 in order to complete 3 year work experience, I horribly regret the decision now. Not in my wildest dream did I think they wouldn't not conduct a FSW draw for the foreseeable future. I was certain even after the mega draw of 27k CEC that sometime in the past 7 months they would've conducted at least a couple of FSW draws. As my IELTS expires in 3 days and another unnecessary expenditure to retake it; I can only hope the FSW draws resume in the coming 2 years.

3. Didn't think 2021 can get any worse than 2020. I cannot imagine how bad 2022 is going to be!

4. This forum is great for all of us discuss and post relevant things as all of us are in the same boat. But I do feel this forum is highly optimistic without any logical thinking behind it. Hope is good, but I do hope that its not hope that kills our dream.

1. Got deleted, due to err.. certain disagreements.
2. There. There. (* sorry that's all I got for you on this one *)
3. From an FSW perspective, it kind of is, but 2021 did bring about some economic growth, we have vaccines now, and borders for tourism is starting to open again. So it's kind of a bit better than 2020 from an overall standpoint.
4. I think it simply stems from the fact that we don't really have any information to go on with, IRCC not saying anything much and all. And as the saying goes, hope for the best, but expect for the worse. While I'm one of the hopeful, I must admit I'm starting to look at other offerings at other countries like the US, though I still struggle to find one as viable as the one I have now.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Damn I always wondered if there was anyone who declined a December ITA and kicking themselves now. Sorry about that. That shit is rough.

arvind92

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
My take--
Continue your life here in your home country...
I am engaged till my 30th birthday in April 2022. i hope to get an ITA by then. If not, then i will try to get CLB 10 and put up a respectable score of 469 at the age of 30. and go on with my life.
There was a you, before 2015 as well....Before this system of EE began. You not only survived, but you also thrived.

As of now, everything is uncertain. Forget this thread, Commentators like Kubeir Kamal were proven wrong.

I still have a gut emotion that FSW will resume for sometime later this year. But even if they don't,i will accept my fate.

I tried....I failed.

Will hit into a managerial rank in 2-3 years from now..... May go for a student route..but that is at least 3.5 years+ of time before i have any certainty on PR.

i will stop by this thread from time to time...Sad that FSW worldwide had to go...most of the members arent around here now...

zekkeh

Sep 15, 2019

why did you decline your ITA? were you afraid of being rejected for not having completed 3 years of work experience? this is exactly why the fear mongering here is so dangerous, and why it’s a really bad idea to take anecdotes from people here seriously. I also received my ITA with 35 months of work experience and submitted my AOR 1 week short of 36 months, and i still passed my eligibility checks. I’ve tried telling people that it’s fine to do that, but the misinformation has already been spread.