+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
Conservatives request probe into freeze on COVID-19 briefings during election
The federal Conservatives are asking for an investigation into whether there was “political interference” behind the decision by the Public Health Agency of Canada to freeze all COVID-19 briefings during the election and amid a worsening fourth wave of the pandemic.

In a letter sent on Thursday to the interim clerk of the Privy Council — effectively the country’s acting top bureaucrat — Conservative Michael Barrett accused the Liberals of interfering for “partisan political reasons.” He said because the agency was providing regular briefings prior to the election, convention would indicate those should continue as normal business during the campaign

D

Deleted member 1050918

Conservatives request probe into freeze on COVID-19 briefings during election
The federal Conservatives are asking for an investigation into whether there was “political interference” behind the decision by the Public Health Agency of Canada to freeze all COVID-19 briefings during the election and amid a worsening fourth wave of the pandemic.

In a letter sent on Thursday to the interim clerk of the Privy Council — effectively the country’s acting top bureaucrat — Conservative Michael Barrett accused the Liberals of interfering for “partisan political reasons.” He said because the agency was providing regular briefings prior to the election, convention would indicate those should continue as normal business during the campaign
Canada must be careful. JT has been trying to politicize everything; from border restrictions to immigration to covid briefings.

D

Deleted member 1050918

"
In the 2021 election platform, the Conservatives call for an immigration system that welcomes international talent, offers refuge to human rights defenders and those who are fleeing persecution, and reunites families.

"

It means: No more "but they pay taxes". No more "FSW is discrimination". No more "megadraws". Just pure skill and talent (FSW).

Also,

"
The Conservatives also want a more fair immigration system. Not only do they want to move operations online, they also want to record all interactions between immigration officers and applicants. They say this would be “to help ensure oversight, fairness, and
"

This is great! Have you not had enough of IRCC's play-dead in the past two years?

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
I disagree with the timeline for receiving passport. Most people who I’ve seen that received PPR have been receiving the passport back in around a month. It’s quite doable. A couple in my WhatsApp group moved to Canada 2 months after they received PPR. I still believe it’s possible to land in Canada this year if PPR comes at most mid October. If they stall past this, then they didn’t really want people to land this year.
This is relative. I'm talking from the experience of my country people.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
Even if conservatives take the most votes, they would not be able to form a minority government. Am I right?
Depends on how many seats they are able to secure in the House of Commons. They need 170 seats to become a majority; it’s very unlikely that would happen though. I really don’t see any winning party becoming a majority government this election

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
"
In the 2021 election platform, the Conservatives call for an immigration system that welcomes international talent, offers refuge to human rights defenders and those who are fleeing persecution, and reunites families.

"

It means: No more "but they pay taxes". No more "FSW is discrimination". No more "megadraws". Just pure skill and talent (FSW).

Also,

"
The Conservatives also want a more fair immigration system. Not only do they want to move operations online, they also want to record all interactions between immigration officers and applicants. They say this would be “to help ensure oversight, fairness, and
"

This is great! Have you not had enough of IRCC's play-dead in the past two years?
"They want to allow applicants to pay a fee to have their processing expedited. The revenues from these fees will go toward hiring additional staff to address administrative backlogs. They also want to speed up application processing by reducing red tape, streamlining applications, and using resources to their full potential."

This could go a long way. US has premium processing and many use that service and get approvals in 2 weeks as compared to months.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
D

Deleted member 1050918

I don't want any change to happen until the PRs are finalized for all of us waiting.
Absolutely. The reason it makes me happy that cons are getting more votes is because they won't have enough seats to form a majority anyway. What we all really want should be JT staying a minority so he can't touch a damn thing and everything stays the same till we all get PR. We would all perish (more) if JT gets majority. He's literally against skilled immigration.

Haku13

Star Member
Aug 8, 2021
Depends on how many seats they are able to secure in the House of Commons. They need 170 seats to become a majority; it’s very unlikely that would happen though. I really don’t see any winning party becoming a majority government this election
I mean if conservatives take most seats but not the majority, they need to form a minority government with the other parties. It seems impossible for them to form the minority gov with NDP and liberals. And of course, other parties will not have enough seats. Is it how it works?

Reactions: Jaycejay

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Absolutely. The reason it makes me happy that cons are getting more votes is because they won't have enough seats to form a majority anyway. What we all really should want should be JT staying a minority so he can't touch a damn thing and everything stays the same till we all get PR. We would all perish (more) if JT gets majority. He's literally against skilled immigration.
Just like democrats in the US. Those loudmouths say they are for ALL but discriminate against legal immigrants. They love illegals. Wait, did I do a Trump?

On the other hand, conservatives have an attractive plan on legal immigration but would never implement it. Trump wanted points-based immigration in the US but did even bother to make it real.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Absolutely. The reason it makes me happy that cons are getting more votes is because they won't have enough seats to form a majority anyway. What we all really want should be JT staying a minority so he can't touch a damn thing and everything stays the same till we all get PR. We would all perish (more) if JT gets majority. He's literally against skilled immigration.
I agree. JT's current stance towards immigration is not good for Canada. Every country needs a young and educated workforce with experience to help with developing and modernizing the nation. Back in the day, the US valued talent and skill and they still do. Look at where they are and where Canada is.