+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
It appears that French would be a good bet moving forward for FSWs.

I guess gradually Francophones' draw and occupation-based immigration would considerably deter lamba dudes from arriving here in really massive numbers. Yesterday, while traveling in TTC, two dudes started talking to me in Hindi/Punjabi. Although I am from India, I do not know Hindi or Punjabi at all (even a word). I was requesting them to talk in English, and they were like, we never talk in English, and if you do not know Hindi/Punjabi, how will you survive here. They further stated that they are proud of making it to here by speaking only Hindi or Punjabi.
They then continued talking to me in just Hindi or Punjabi, but I did not get a word, and eventually I got down at my stop.

Honestly, I did not believe they came here to study on a study permit. I'm 30, and they looked way too senior to me, and I'm sure they are in the 38s or 40s. Dunno, what's the parameter IRCC sets to grant someone a study visa? It seems money is the most important factor to get a study visa here rather than someone's college scores or their domain or language skills.

For example, when one of my friends applied to get a study visa to Ireland, he had to go through rigorous checks before eventually getting granted a study visa.

It seems any Tom, Dick, or Harry can get a study visa to come to Canada despite a huge gap in speaking English or any intention to upskill or upscale, except for involving in gang wars with their swords and hockey sticks near strip mall parking lot in Strawberry Hill or at Sheridan College.

Hopefully all these change eventually with Francophones' and Skill Based Draws. But yes, now LMIA is the hot business and many lambdas have already paid massive sums to some store owners in Brampton/Surrey to secure an LMIA based job (fake) offer which fetches more than 100 CRS points .

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I guess gradually Francophones' draw and occupation-based immigration would considerably deter lamba dudes from arriving here in really massive numbers. Yesterday, while traveling in TTC, two dudes started talking to me in Hindi/Punjabi. Although I am from India, I do not know Hindi or Punjabi at all (even a word). I was requesting them to talk in English, and they were like, we never talk in English, and if you do not know Hindi/Punjabi, how will you survive here. They further stated that they are proud of making it to here by speaking only Hindi or Punjabi.
They then continued talking to me in just Hindi or Punjabi, but I did not get a word, and eventually I got down at my stop.

Honestly, I did not believe they came here to study on a study permit. I'm 30, and they looked way too senior to me, and I'm sure they are in the 38s or 40s. Dunno, what's the parameter IRCC sets to grant someone a study visa? It seems money is the most important factor to get a study visa here rather than someone's college scores or their domain or language skills.

For example, when one of my friends applied to get a study visa to Ireland, he had to go through rigorous checks before eventually getting granted a study visa.

It seems any Tom, Dick, or Harry can get a study visa to come to Canada despite a huge gap in speaking English or any intention to upskill or upscale, except for involving in gang wars with their swords and hockey sticks near strip mall parking lot in Strawberry Hill or at Sheridan College.

Hopefully all these change eventually with Francophones' and Skill Based Draws. But yes, now LMIA is the hot business and many lambdas have already paid massive sums to some store owners in Brampton/Surrey to secure an LMIA based job (fake) offer which fetches more than 100 CRS points .

Exactly, every Ram, Nik, and Hari seems to be able to come. We need to vote for someone to crackdown on these lamdas

Reactions: Lord_Tony

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018

I am close with a friend who works in an immigration consultancy. For study permit app, she mentioned IRCC being too lenient on Indian applicant but harshly judged application originating from African countries (Nigeria in particular). I think there was quite an uproar within the Nigerian community during Covid years when IRCC was declining Nigerian applicant en masse.

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
It appears that French would be a good bet moving forward for FSWs.

The future of FSWs program is only reserved for French, Healthcare, and returning CECs who managed to get at least 2 yoe in Canada while being young enough to also get minimum 2 yoe foreign experience. Typical foreign masters applicant with 2yoe foreign experience won't pass the threshold.

I personally won't mind as I am close to amassing 3 yoe (literally maxing my PGWP) in Canada but I'm still years away from losing score due to age. I feel bad for those who are losing scores in the next year or 2.

Ideally 3 yoe in Canada should get higher scores than 2 yoe in Canada and 1 yoe abroad but IRCC seems to think differently and giving the latter extra 30 points. Had I chose to go back home after 2 years I probably would have gotten my PR now. I was foolishly hoping for that tech draw that never became regular.

Last edited:
Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I am close with a friend who works in an immigration consultancy. For study permit app, she mentioned IRCC being too lenient on Indian applicant but harshly judged application originating from African countries (Nigeria in particular). I think there was quite an uproar within the Nigerian community during Covid years when IRCC was declining Nigerian applicant en masse.
African nationals have a higher tendency to apply for asylum or go out of status in Canada. Indians, although they game the system, do not apply for asylum for whatever reason

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
That's so unfair but it is going to be more fair. With the focus on Skill and language based draws, I guess it is getting more fair and opportunities be equal for everyone.

Lambdas definitely cannot attain more than 520 CRS and not every lambda afford or even get an LMIA backed job offer. I heard that some LMIA requests are even being rejected by IRCC.

Hopefully it stays this way and that only qualified and skilled candidates arrive. Not dudes with a sword or hockey stick or beer bottle driving on car roof and abusing people for not speaking Hindi/Punjabi in Brampton or Westwood mall parking lot in Malton.

Reactions: Lord_Tony

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Last edited:

hanyxz12

Jan 4, 2021
Hi, please I need assistance where I am getting it wrong. I have tried entering the EE pool but I keep getting the response that I am ineligible.

Immigration program (FSW, CEC, FST): FSW
LMIA-approved job offer (Yes / No): No

Language test taken: CELPIP General
Date of language test results: 07-OCT-2023
Score Listening: 7
Score Reading: 7
Score Writing: 9
Score Speaking: 9

Proof of funds (C$): 36000
Family of 5 (me + spouse + 3kids)

Your highest degree: Masters Degree
Canada or foreign? Canada (Post-graduate cert) & Foreign (Masters Degree)
Do you have an ECA for this? Yes

The longest period of continuous foreign work experience in one NOC in the last 10 years: More than 8 years
Number of hours per week: 40
NOC Code: 12011

The sum of Canadian work experience in the last 3 years: > 1 year (Less than one year of Canadian experience)
Number of hours per week: 40 (Canadian work experience)
NOC Code(s): 21221

What is your FSW score (for FSW applicants only):
Language: 21/24 (CELPIP = CLB 7)
Education: 23/25 (Masters, ECA assessment completed)
Experience: 15/15 (more than 8 years)
Arranged Employment: 10/10 (Arranged employment) Presently working in Canada
Adaptability: 5/10 (No spouse)
Total: 74

Thank you
You don't have LMIA job offer you can't get 10 points in arranged employment in the FSW score, so it should be 64 fpr your FSW score.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda

tbh, Canada isn't ever going to bring in talent and they need mass/volume to run this economy. Not too hard for IRCC to fix these issues, but they are completely unwilling. So whatever they bring in is always going to be bad, that bad can also speak french. No one shits gold at the end of the day, and I do feel these students aren't as bad what they can bring.

Taking a few steps back, I find myself in a spot where I can no longer negatively comment on someone's decision to move to a country and work for a better life. The whole point of evaluating someone based on their status in a country feels dehumanizing at best. So many Europeans probably did the same when they came here. We are witnessing a movement that hasn't happened in a long time, but we can do better and not replicate the mistakes that happened in the past.

Reactions: imransyed

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
The future of FSWs program is only reserved for French, Healthcare, and returning CECs who managed to get at least 2 yoe in Canada while being young enough to also get minimum 2 yoe foreign experience. Typical foreign masters applicant with 2yoe foreign experience won't pass the threshold.

I personally won't mind as I am close to amassing 3 yoe (literally maxing my PGWP) in Canada but I'm still years away from losing score due to age. I feel bad for those who are losing scores in the next year or 2.

Ideally 3 yoe in Canada should get higher scores than 2 yoe in Canada and 1 yoe abroad but IRCC seems to think differently and giving the latter extra 30 points. Had I chose to go back home after 2 years I probably would have gotten my PR now. I was foolishly hoping for that tech draw that never became regular.
I thought you already got the ITA or were already a PR. Is that not the case?

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
I thought you already got the ITA or were already a PR. Is that not the case?
Nope, I'm still on pgwp that's expiring in roughly a year.

Just waiting until next month to get a year of experience at my current company before applying through MB PNP. To be fair, I can't really complain about my current situation - I've got few friends working in big bank in much worse situation despite having stellar career. Suck for Nova Scotia to remove their streams for out of province student in respond to lamdas just as he was about to apply to the stream. He managed to get LMIA approval up to vp at org level but kept getting blocked by head of HR.

I think his org is looking to get him re-hired as a consultant (via cognizant) in order to get him LMIA - its strategy they have done before. Anyway, worst case scenario, he could simply go back home and work for a year to get more points

Last edited:
Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Nope, I'm still on pgwp that's expiring in roughly a year.

Just waiting until next month to get a year of experience at my current company before applying through MB PNP. To be fair, I can't really complain about my current situation - I've got few friends working in big bank in much worse situation despite having stellar career. Suck for Nova Scotia to remove their streams for out of province student in respond to lamdas just as he was about to apply to the stream. He managed to get LMIA approval up to vp at org level but kept getting blocked by head of HR.

I think his org is looking to get him re-hired as a consultant (via cognizant) in order to get him LMIA - its strategy they have done before. Anyway, worst case scenario, he could simply go back home and work for a year to get more points
Ontario College lamdas have been spreading to other provinces to make use of their PNPs. I guess even that 'loophole' is now dead and gone. It is right that provinces prioritize graduates from their own province.

Reactions: aj534160

hanyxz12

Jan 4, 2021
We gotta see what they are up to for tomorrow. If they are doing Occupation based draws or maybe language (Francophones) draws tomo as well, dudes under the 'No Program Specified category' are seriously doomed.
There won't be any draw this week in my opinion, after stupid Marc Miller took the position, he did pnp/all program on Tuesday, followed with target draws on Wednesday and Thursday. Before he make any target draw, he have to clear all pnp candidates who already received 600 points.