Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
Always a good idea to prepare for the worst and do something to improve scores. IRCC can pause draws again, but having a backup keeps you moving in the direction once again.
Just curious, how's the feeling of people who got ITA learning french through their blood and tears for several months or years, seeing that a lot of (arguably lazier) people got ITA just by waiting it out for several months?
Do you guys regret learning French by any chance?

Reactions: ImpatientDragon

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Just curious, how's the feeling of people who got ITA learning french through their blood and tears for several months or years, seeing that a lot of (arguably lazier) people got ITA just by waiting it out for several months?
"blood and tears"? Lol, you should see what we do at work :D. IELTS and TEF are relatively easy exams and there are no "blood and tears". TEF is annoying a bit, but we all have opportunity costs. Some of us are too impatient to be hung up in the immigration limbo and would finish it with predictability to focus on the real stuff we do. Remember it is not "me vs you", it is "can I get it?".

Depending upon how many things you've seen or what your exposure has been to the international immigration, you can go through a range of emotions. Look at these people (video starts from a timestamp):
I personally dislike this guy (imo he's a loser and non-inclusive), but I was very happy when he got his PPR in this timestamp. They spent 10 years in AU just trying to get a PR and were losing hope, but Canada offered him it instead. Dude still isn't working full time and driving Uber (and thinks of flukey businesses like dropshipping while buying courses from scam gurus), so that sucks, but otoh, he's at peace with what he wanted.

Similarly, I saw that PhD lady who was at 489 from a year or so and when the draws touched 489 she lost age points and was 484. She got an ITA today. She had to leave her research work and do janitorial work to survive. She's a published author and technically she did make a mistake by betting with IRCC. I went on twitter today to congratulate her today :)

Right or wrong, people went all in to this immigration program. If they get an ITA, we all should be very happy for them. Not so much if they are racist or discriminatory though, haha.

OneStepAtATime

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
SEA
Category........
FSW
I have no idea how I would have made it through those several months of waiting if I hadn't learnt French. The uncertainty would have eaten away at me, possibly to the point of abandoning my plans to immigrate. I honestly have no idea how some managed to cope all this time.

That said, without French I wouldn't have enough points even now, so for me it's more of a necessity than for many others.

In any case, I've come to enjoy the language very much, and in the process of learning it I've managed to shed my longstanding fear of learning languages so that's a big plus. It remains to be seen too what sort of advantages being English-French bilingual can bring. I imagine it might be of some help in career advancement in this country.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
In Canada, there will always be a benefit for learning French, beyond getting an ITA.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hi!
I didnt include funds for spouse who is a canadian PR. My bad. What is the impact?
Can I submit updated proof of funds via webform ?
Whats your story?

Are you CEC / FSW / PNP?

Are you inland applicant or outland?

Did you apply with a job offer and WP?