File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don't know whether I am too pessimistic about recent draws. My gut feeling is it would be extremely difficult to get picked under 500 or 490 given the recent huge spikes of 500+ applicants. For those who are outside of Canada without any Canadian experiences (e.g. education or working), are there any other components to boost the score?
None are necesarily easy and some involve coming to Canada. Here are a few:

- Make sure your IELTS score is maxed
- Learn French and take that test
- Get a provincial nomination
- Secure a job offer + LMIA in Canada (hard)
- Complete a higher degree outside of Canada
- Complete a degree / diploma in Canada
- Get at least one year of work experience in Canada

perseus_r

Star Member
Oct 19, 2022
Category........
FSW

Thanks, I have my IELTS and degree maxed at the moment. I guess I will need to learn French and get it tested now. lol

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Call them to confirm their mistake. Decided that collecting it from the lawyer is the best solution considering how the IRCC operates.
Update on this: After 3 months since this communication, I finally received my card a couple of weeks ago. I even filled in an application for a replacement but the original one arrived so late. I phoned them to cancel the replacement and all is good now.

Last edited:

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Reactions: dankboi
D

Deleted member 1006777

Funny thing is, the first 4 are basically irrelevant if you have the last two.

D

Deleted member 1006777

I don't know whether I am too pessimistic about recent draws. My gut feeling is it would be extremely difficult to get picked under 500 or 490 given the recent huge spikes of 500+ applicants. For those who are outside of Canada without any Canadian experiences (e.g. education or working), are there any other components to boost the score?
Of all people, I'll be a little "optimistic" here. I think anything above 480 still has decent chances. Anything under that is essentially impossible and relies on random luck from a large draw or back to back draws. And you can't plan anything based on random chance.

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Maybe!
but this past two weeks, 3300 new candidates is too much! It never happened before
Hopefully it comes down a bit
The next three draws concluding this year will be very tough.

Every new month, the CEC candidates add 30 - 50 points to their CRS, not to mention French speakers who will be awarded the 50+ points, which I believe are in big numbers right now and so on.

I would expect at least 900 - 1200 candidates added in the 501-600 bracket, and perhaps 600 - 900 candidates in the 600+ bracket every two weeks. Its very hard to go much below CRS 490 with these figures in mind for this year. Next year, all bets are off.

Reactions: armitabbsn

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Thanks for giving your opinion. The only way I can increase my score is by learning French from 0, that would take at least 1 year (being optimistic). I will have a deep look into every PNP option but yeah, we can’t predict, fingers crossed the draws come to 471 at some point next year…
That's exactly what I've done - I'm in my late 30s, Masters degree, maxed out IELTS so I had no other option. It took me 10 months from complete 0 to to passing TCF (I even got C1 and C2 in a couple of categories). I'm certainly not talented when it comes to learning languages. Yes, English is my second language but I've been learning it since I was 7 and I've been living in the UK for 17 years so it would be rather impressive if I didn't learn it ;)
It took me 2.5 hours per day, every single day (literally) for 10 months, so it was a big effort but it can be done. Due to my age my score was around 440 so I knew I had no other option :)

armitabbsn

Oct 6, 2020
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
The next three draws concluding this year will be very tough.

Every new month, the CEC candidates add 30 - 50 points to their CRS, not to mention French speakers who will be awarded the 50+ points, which I believe are in big numbers right now and so on.

I would expect at least 900 - 1200 candidates added in the 501-600 bracket, and perhaps 600 - 900 candidates in the 600+ bracket every two weeks. Its very hard to go much below CRS 490 with these figures in mind for this year. Next year, all bets are off.
We will be 487 in next few days( i guess i will get b2 in TEF which I took last week)
I really hope bill c19 doesnt come very soon! Not before March at least . In the memo it was mentioned that it will be implemented in post spring