+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Cant't beleive what I'm about to say, I...have..been...UN...FUCKED...FINALLYYYYYY

Aor: 09 Oct 20
BIL: Nov 20
RPRF: Dec 20
Long ass silence: Dec 20 to Apr 22
Updated POF and PCC (via webform): Jan 22
Remed Request: 11-May-22
ADR (Sch A and family info): 13-May-22 (submitted 15-May-22)
Remed Passed: 09 Jun 22
PPR: 13 Jun 22
VO: Ottowa

Congrats!

D

Deleted member 994371

Hey guys, what is the best way to carry funds to Canada?

Look into opening a Scotia Bank account from your home country. It's completely done online and you can safely wire transfer money to it.

If you can small amounts, you can use a forex card to carry money safely, and then withdraw money from an ATM to transfer into a Canadian Bank account.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rkb94

hihello227

Star Member
May 12, 2022
Hi everyone! I have a question regarding my both NOC and work experience. Thank you in advance.

I got a new job as an analytics engineer (8 months experience), and have 3 years of technical support engineer experience in my previous job. I chose the 2282 NOC (support engineer) cause 3 years > 8 months.

When creating my express entry account, is it okay to mention my current title? I'm confused cause, on one hand, it's not the NOC I chose, and from another hand, it would be a lie that I'm still on my old job. What should I do?

Empress32

Star Member
Apr 7, 2021
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
February 23, 2021
Med's Done....
15-03-2021
Good afternoon everyone. I think I need your advice. I am Feb 2021 AOR, NOC is 2211 and current VO RROC. I submitted my ADR on May 25th and it is still saying uploaded. I could be days away from my PPR, or months away like Fiji Islander. No one knows.

There is an opportunity I found on a farm in Canada via the agricultural stream as agricultural workers are short (would be sales and no experienceis needed really). I could apply for a work permit and be in Canada in 6-8 weeks. My question is though would there be an issue applying for a work permit for a job that is completely unrelated to my NOC and my application is still processing? Do you think I should take this route or just continue to pray and wait it out in my home country?

Hopesly

Star Member
Apr 24, 2022
Good afternoon everyone. I think I need your advice. I am Feb 2021 AOR, NOC is 2211 and current VO RROC. I submitted my ADR on May 25th and it is still saying uploaded. I could be days away from my PPR, or months away like Fiji Islander. No one knows.

There is an opportunity I found on a farm in Canada via the agricultural stream as agricultural workers are short (would be sales and no experienceis needed really). I could apply for a work permit and be in Canada in 6-8 weeks. My question is though would there be an issue applying for a work permit for a job that is completely unrelated to my NOC and my application is still processing? Do you think I should take this route or just continue to pray and wait it out in my home country?
Kindly wait for your home country you have come this far be patient.
Moreover there are people who haven't even received ITA yet and are waiting too.
Please be patient

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020

No way will you be in Canada in 6 weeks. It will take at least 8-9 weeks for your WP to be processed. Also, why do you want to come and enslave yourself as a Farm hand here in Canada, when you have an application in process that will land you as PR? Think and re-think on this.

PS: most of such opportunities that I have heard about are scams so if you do decide to go ahead with it, be very careful.

raklukr

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
Hi All,

General information-I've found that the rental market in Toronto is crazy right now, it is impossible to get an apartment of any kind at a reasonable price.
I was thinking of booking a room in an Airbnb for 1 month and searching for an apartment after landing. I have a good friend in Toronto whose address I can use for my PR Card.
At the port of entry, I am allowed to use a friend's address as my mailing address for my PR Card?

Reactions: RSub

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Hi All,

General information-I've found that the rental market in Toronto is crazy right now, it is impossible to get an apartment of any kind at a reasonable price.
I was thinking of booking a room in an Airbnb for 1 month and searching for an apartment after landing. I have a good friend in Toronto whose address I can use for my PR Card.
At the port of entry, I am allowed to use a friend's address as my mailing address for my PR Card?
They just ask for the address and you can. But there may be some issues with the immigration officer if you mention that it's an address where you're not staying.

I'm actually thinking of getting an Airbnb place for 4 months and using that as the address. Typically, the rents won't go down util November and will hit the trough around December/January.

Empress32

Star Member
Apr 7, 2021
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
February 23, 2021
Med's Done....
15-03-2021
Kindly wait for your home country you have come this far be patient.
Moreover there are people who haven't even received ITA yet and are waiting too.
Please be patient
True. This makes sense. I came to the same conclusion after thinking it through. I just had a moment.
No way will you be in Canada in 6 weeks. It will take at least 8-9 weeks for your WP to be processed. Also, why do you want to come and enslave yourself as a Farm hand here in Canada, when you have an application in process that will land you as PR? Think and re-think on this.

PS: most of such opportunities that I have heard about are scams so if you do decide to go ahead with it, be very careful.
It was a legit opportunity but I thought this through after posting. I asked myself why would you tie yourself down with a 1 or 2 year contract, in a job you don't want, when you are this close to the end? I guess I am a little tired but believing that I am also near the end. Patiently waiting.