+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 994371

How long do they give you for landing? Also, does the 5 year period start from the landing, or when you get your PR card?

5 year period starts when you land for the first time. They make you sign on your COPR - which is a document you are given when your PR is approved.

Reactions: AlmostThere2

yasar1990

Jun 2, 2022
Hello,
So I have been researching about the different options me and my wife have for immigrating to Canada. My wife has graduated from Toronto this year with a three year PG Diploma course and we are applying for her PGWP outside Canada. I have mentioned the best possible pathways for immigration for us that I could think of, I would love to hear from you other possible ways that I am not aware of, if they exist. I have also mentioned some related queries, would appreciate the response from the community:

1. Pathways for immigration through my wife:

1.1. PGWP ------> 1 year Canada Work Experience ---------> CEC - My wife has studied almost 50% of her course online outside Canada as the University had announced that the course would be delivered online. Could it affect her PGWP ? Her Grad letter mentions her as a Full Time Student.

1.2. PGWP --------> Job Offer (Without LMIA)--------> OINP International Student Stream (PNP) - How often does Ontario hold this stream?

1.3. Express Entry ----------> FSW. - I read somewhere that express entry draw is going to see some major changes in terms of who gets the ITA. For example it is predicted that the draw will be based on On Demand Occupation instead of just CRS score. What are the odds?

2. Pathways for immigration through me:

2.1. Express Entry ---------> FSW - My CRS is 425 right now, I don't think I am going to get any ITA for FSW soon but I am expecting NOI from Alberta, AINP, what are my chances? If I gain Canadian experience without LMIA through SOWP will I be able to increase my CRS?

2.2 . SINP - No job offer required. - How often does Saskatchewan hold the PNP draw? I am a Civil Engineer with 10 years of experience, never been to Canada and have no connections there, what are my chances for SINP?

Thank you

Pak313

Jul 11, 2020
Please if anyone can respond to this, it would be great.

Hi!
I have received my PR(Outland) and I am planning to go for my first entry to Canada. I am from Pakistan and will be traveling to Canada via US land border.
Is it possible? Or first entry must be done through airport?
Please guide if anyone has information in this regard.

Jazzpanag

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10 May'22
IELTS Request
L-8,R-8,S-7.5,W-7.5
Passport Req..
25th May'22
P eng means professional engineer ,you will be considered as an engineer only if you have that (It is basically a license exam ) and it is tough ,many companies ask for that especially for mechanical and civil engineering
ok
Do we need to take some course for this & what is the duration of course ?

Ultraxion

May 10, 2022
1.1. PGWP ------> 1 year Canada Work Experience ---------> CEC - My wife has studied almost 50% of her course online outside Canada as the University had announced that the course would be delivered online. Could it affect her PGWP ? Her Grad letter mentions her as a Full Time Student.
this is by far the most promising pathway for you. there is a time period when your wife's oversea study counts as PGWP time. also look for potential PNP for the canadian work experience. CEC could be very competitive in the future.

1.2. PGWP --------> Job Offer (Without LMIA)--------> OINP International Student Stream (PNP) - How often does Ontario hold this stream?
same point as above. look for different PNP programs. OINP is one of the more competitive ones.

1.3. Express Entry ----------> FSW. - I read somewhere that express entry draw is going to see some major changes in terms of who gets the ITA. For example it is predicted that the draw will be based on On Demand Occupation instead of just CRS score. What are the odds?
the changes are bound to happen, but nobody knows when and how. my guess would be alternating between general draws and targeted draws, like BCPNP and OINP, starting this November with the implementation of TEER. but don't rely on that at least for now.

2.1. Express Entry ---------> FSW - My CRS is 425 right now, I don't think I am going to get any ITA for FSW soon but I am expecting NOI from Alberta, AINP, what are my chances? If I gain Canadian experience without LMIA through SOWP will I be able to increase my CRS?
425 is never gonna cut for a general draw. AINP is like a lottery, again don't rely on that. work experience through SOWP counts as canadian work experience and will increase your CRS by a lot.

2.2 . SINP - No job offer required. - How often does Saskatchewan hold the PNP draw? I am a Civil Engineer with 10 years of experience, never been to Canada and have no connections there, what are my chances for SINP?
SNIP is unrealistic for you unless you have a canadian relative who lives in SK or you have a job offer from an employer in SK.

arvind92

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
Received my COPR today noticed somthing in the marital status it's mentionned : Divorced
I'm single and i've never been married before.....
Is this a problem if yes what should i do ??
Maybe it is a prediction for your future..ha ha

arvind92

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
Hope all my old friends are doing well..
I am still hopeful of a meetup once we are in Canada..:p
Update from my side,

I will be applying for a study permit soon. I am eying Jan 2023 intake...In a lame University..It is a public university thou..based in outskirts of Vancouver..
I was overseas( quite literally) for the past few months....hence couldnt stay active ..

Anyone who needs to research about studying as a mature student in Canada...please connect..

otaviovidal

Jan 13, 2020
Brazil
Category........
FSW
Memo says draws will be conducted every two weeks and be consistent with pre-pandemic figures. Does it mean we can expect roughly 7000 ITAs/month? ~3,500 per draw?

AlmostThere2

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-08-2020
Please if anyone can respond to this, it would be great.
On the document that accompanies the CoPR it clearly says: " Do Not Sign your CPR until told to do so by the immigration officer at the port of entry in Canada. ( A port of entry is a border crossing or an international airport)".
I think it's safe to deduce that any port of entry will do, be it by land, sea or air.

HA1986

Nov 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-10-20
Med's Done....
25-11-2020
Cant't beleive what I'm about to say, I...have..been...UN...FUCKED...FINALLYYYYYY

Aor: 09 Oct 20
BIL: Nov 20
RPRF: Dec 20
Long ass silence: Dec 20 to Apr 22
Updated POF and PCC (via webform): Jan 22
Remed Request: 11-May-22
ADR (Sch A and family info): 13-May-22 (submitted 15-May-22)
Remed Passed: 09 Jun 22
PPR: 13 Jun 22
VO: Ottowa

D

Deleted member 994371

Cant't beleive what I'm about to say, I...have..been...UN...FUCKED...FINALLYYYYYY

Congratulations mate

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
ok
Do we need to take some course for this & what is the duration of course ?
It depends from province to province ,it usually takes 3-5 years to be a peng,I am not sure about it to give you a clear answer but can tell you one thing it is tough and takes 3-5 years.
If you ask me whether it is worth it I think yes.

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021

Congrats bro you made it ,finally.

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
P eng means professional engineer ,you will be considered as an engineer only if you have that (It is basically a license exam ) and it is tough ,many companies ask for that especially for mechanical and civil engineering
They seem to have some strict rules for this and who can use the title 'engineer'. Tech companies don't even say 'software engineer' in job listings and instead go with 'software developer'.