+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 994371

If you don't mind me asking where in India are you from?

I don't want to be specific but it's in North India and I hate every single day living here. I genuinely think south India is better India. If I am not able to make it to Canada for some reason, I will move somewhere south(ish)

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
I don't want to be specific but it's in North India and I hate every single day living here. I genuinely think south India is better India. If I am not able to make it to Canada for some reason, I will move somewhere south(ish)
Always welcome to south,if you need a peaceful place but not much money then come to kerala, you will like it.
Jobs if you are a developer you can get 100k inr in trivandrum, max you will spend 30k if you are single.
Boring place if you are a party person.

We mostly don't care about where you are from as long as you don't bother anyone,neighbors are assholes that will be your only issue and witness stupidity of the govt.
The good thing atleast with kerala is you won't see very rich people or very poor people, people are in between.

D

Deleted member 994371

Always welcome to south,if you need a peaceful place but not much money then come to kerala, you will like it.
Jobs if you are a developer you can get 100k inr in trivandrum, max you will spend 30k if you are single.
Boring place if you are a party person

I loved my vacation in Kerala, genuinely believe it's the most beautiful place in India. I remember when I crossed the border from Tamil Nadu to Kerala - it was like I was in a whole other country. I was in a very small city but everyone was wearing helmets and following traffic lights. I couldn't believe this was India.

People were really nice too. In Tamil Nadu, I could feel this north vs south thing they had going. In Kerala, everyone was eager to talk to me.

I can see myself settling down there. Now that covid is over and my file is going nowhere (I hope it stays that way for a while), I will visit some cities that I have never visited. I will explore south India and Pune. Everyone raves on about Pune as well. I will give Trivandrum a try as well.

Reactions: RSub and PRANIT01

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
I loved my vacation in Kerala, genuinely believe it's the most beautiful place in India. I remember when I crossed the border from Tamil Nadu to Kerala - it was like I was in a whole other country. I was in a very small city but everyone was wearing helmets and following traffic lights. I couldn't believe this was India.

People were really nice too. In Tamil Nadu, I could feel this north vs south thing they had going. In Kerala, everyone was eager to talk to me.

I can see myself settling down there. Now that covid is over and my file is going nowhere (I hope it stays that way for a while), I will visit some cities that I have never visited. I will explore south India and Pune. Everyone raves on about Pune as well. I will give Trivandrum a try as well.
Trivandrum, mangalore ,Hyderabad are one of the good places I saw in india ,I like Madras but it is fucking hot out there.
Usually Tamil people are very nice to us.may be because we are neighbors and we can speak and understand Tamil.
But problem with TN is there is a lot of politics on north south, Modi is making it worse.
People in kerala don't like BJP but don't take it on north Indians.

In kerala if you get chance to visit try trivandrum (if you are planning to settle atleast temporarily),allepei,cochin(I don't like personally very crowded),moonar,vayanad.

For settling tvm /cochin will be your best bet in kerala, if you are looking at jobs and all.
If you are not a party kind of guy then tvm is a great option.

D

Deleted member 994371

As an introvert (and I am talking the extreme end of the scale), I seek peace and quiet. It is just so hard to find in India. If it's not the place, it's the people. Everyone is "in your face" in the north. If you are seen as "soft" here, people eat you alive.

I seek decent people and a quiet place. That would be my goal in Canada as well, but I guess you never know when it comes to people. I enjoyed reading your and @RSub 's perspective on work culture in the Americas. It seems like people let you be as long as you are productive.

The only advantage in a place like Canada is there is so much space that you can create your bubble if you really want to.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Trivandrum, mangalore ,Hyderabad are one of the good places I saw in india ,I like Madras but it is fucking hot out there.
Usually Tamil people are very nice to us.may be because we are neighbors and we can speak and understand Tamil.
But problem with TN is there is a lot of politics on north south, Modi is making it worse.
People in kerala don't like BJP but don't take it on north Indians.

In kerala if you get chance to visit try trivandrum (if you are planning to settle atleast temporarily),allepei,cochin(I don't like personally very crowded),moonar,vayanad.

For settling tvm /cochin will be your best bet in kerala, if you are looking at jobs and all.
My biggest gripe being a software-walla in India is that you never see any winter if you follow that profession... There is no winter in the south and no software in the north. The thing that I enjoy most with Canada is the feeling of living in perpetual winter. It makes dealing with liberal hippies almost bearable.

Reactions: RSub and PRANIT01

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
As an introvert (and I am talking the extreme end of the scale), I seek peace and quiet. It is just so hard to find in India. If it's not the place, it's the people. Everyone is "in your face" in the north. If you are seen as "soft" here, people eat you alive.

I seek decent people and a quiet place. That would be my goal in Canada as well, but I guess you never know when it comes to people. I enjoyed reading your and @RSub 's perspective on work culture in the Americas. It seems like people let you be as long as you are productive.

The only advantage in a place like Canada is there is so much space that you can create your bubble if you really want to.
The only issue with US is if you don't have a gc or a US passport, you will have a tough time employers might exploit you

Great country, nice people, plenty of opportunities.
As I always say I trash talk US govt.But Americans(atleast the ones I know) are one of the nicest people I have met in my life.
Today morning my manager (ex) texted me to check how I am doing.I never expect that in india.

D

Deleted member 994371

My biggest gripe being a software-walla in India is that you never see any winter if you follow that profession... There is no winter in the south and no software in the north. The thing that I enjoy most with Canada is the feeling of living in perpetual winter. It makes dealing with liberal hippies almost bearable.

I know people earning upwards of 35+ lakhs INR in Delhi-NCR. The landscape has changed so drastically in the last couple of years. If you mean workwise, then yes, it's hard to find hardcore developer jobs in the north. But if you are into IT in general and don't aspire to be a pro-developer then it will suit you just fine.

Heck, I know someone who landed 150k USD fully-remote job while being in Delhi. Although, in the end, he decided to move to Dubai to save on taxes.

Reactions: RSub

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020

Moreover, an immigrant, irrespective of color, race, or origin, can reach the top of the company in the US. Work politics is negligible in the US and I believe it's the same in Canada as well. One thing I love about the US is they don't discriminate against any career gap or educational gap as long as you bring the necessary skill set to the table.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020

Tamils are orthodox and conservatives when it comes to culture. We don't carry caste names in our names, but we have the most number of same caste marriages in India, a statistic that came as a surprise to me recently. We are not yet there to become completely open-minded. Also, most Tamils are introverts and we find it difficult to converse with others. I was a super introvert till I moved to the US.

FurioGiunta

Nov 18, 2020
I was referring to racism in Europe against colored refugees vs white refugees and how they are being treated differently and not the bombing of Ukraine, but let's move forward.

What does girlfriend say about the ground situation?

I am putting on my bet on Ukraine coming out ahead, and I say this as a man with no dog in this fight. I know you might take offense to that, but hey that's how we treated any other middle-eastern country going through the war crisis so this is not different for me.
Lotsa bombing. Underground shelters are full, so everyone is just sheltering at home hoping they don't get hit.

Reactions: RSub

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Move to Bangalore, Hyderabad for IT, and if you don't wanna feel lonely. Kerala, of course, is the beauty of the South. Beautiful girls, fantastic weather, rain, nature.

If you are okay with the weather and wanna stay at the shores of the World's 2nd largest beach, and wanna have an IT or Engineering job, go to Chennai. Since IT jobs are mostly in the OMR region (30 km away from Chennai), you will find affordable housing, great malls, the beach under 10 minutes drive, and less traffic. OMR is like Banglore in culture, you can see people from all parts of India. Chennai is crowded and you don't find jobs inside the city. But people stay inside the city for School but go to OMR for work. You have well connected Metro inside the city and a local train inside and outside the city.

Red line: IT Hub.
Blue Line: Industrial, mechanical, automobile hub.