+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Asylum-seeking Ukrainians must be welcomed in Canada, security expert says

"This would be a chance for Canada to really, really step up to the plate," said Michael Bociurkiw, a Canadian in Ukraine who served as spokesperson for the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe during the height of tensions following Russia's annexation of the Crimean Peninsula in 2014.

"Telling Ukrainians, 'You are welcome in Canada.' And, you know, easing of visa rules, temporary stays, that sort of thing."

Canada has promised to prioritize immigration applications from Ukraine to bring people fleeing the country to safety as quickly as possible.

Suspend visa requirement for Ukrainians: Bigmeat Singh
Given the strain on the international community and the people of Ukraine, Canada has to do more than prioritize applications from those fleeing the conflict zones, said NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh Thursday.

"We cannot have another scenario like we saw in Afghanistan, where people were fleeing the tragedy in Afghanistan and were unable to arrive in Canada because of challenges in the system that made it so complicated, that made it so difficult for them to apply," Singh said.

He suggested the government allow Ukrainians to come without a visa, to make the process as easy as possible for people to find safety in Canada.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
  • Haha
Reactions: dankboi

Newfoundland991

Star Member
Nov 25, 2020
Got an email with ADR today. And can’t access my GCKEY. That website never works.
any suggestions what should I do?

About my status:
AOR Dec 2020
COR USA
Medical expired in December

Temidayo_

Dec 3, 2019
Does anyone know any Ottawa VO active thread. Everytime I call ircc; everything passed and complete just wait for your officer to take final decision since January. Is my officer on vacation

Last edited:

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Asylum-seeking Ukrainians must be welcomed in Canada, security expert says

"This would be a chance for Canada to really, really step up to the plate," said Michael Bociurkiw, a Canadian in Ukraine who served as spokesperson for the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe during the height of tensions following Russia's annexation of the Crimean Peninsula in 2014.

"Telling Ukrainians, 'You are welcome in Canada.' And, you know, easing of visa rules, temporary stays, that sort of thing."

Canada has promised to prioritize immigration applications from Ukraine to bring people fleeing the country to safety as quickly as possible.

Suspend visa requirement for Ukrainians: Bigmeat Singh
Given the strain on the international community and the people of Ukraine, Canada has to do more than prioritize applications from those fleeing the conflict zones, said NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh Thursday.

"We cannot have another scenario like we saw in Afghanistan, where people were fleeing the tragedy in Afghanistan and were unable to arrive in Canada because of challenges in the system that made it so complicated, that made it so difficult for them to apply," Singh said.

He suggested the government allow Ukrainians to come without a visa, to make the process as easy as possible for people to find safety in Canada.
Bigmeat, lol. For a second, I thought there is a guy named Bigmeat. WTF. :D:D

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Got an email with ADR today. And can’t access my GCKEY. That website never works.
any suggestions what should I do?

About my status:
AOR Dec 2020
COR USA
Medical expired in December
Use Edge browser. Works 99.9%.

Reactions: Yodm

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
late Mr Campbell cohen's soul watching our discussions on this forum:

He died? Wow. Good lord. I donno who that guy is but his name sounded that he was alive

kkhan16

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Exactly - they asked me to simply reply to the email with the documents requested.
No update on my account with new places to upload the docs.

I waited 'till shortly after 9am VO's local time, tried again and it worked :)

Fingers crossed now!
Hey did they acknowledge receipt. I sent mine since the 23rd and no official acknowledgement

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Does anyone know any Ottawa VO active thread. Everytime I call ircc; everything passed and complete just wait for your officer to take final decision since January. Is my officer on vacation
Hang in there. Since everything is passed, it's just a matter of time (which I know is frustrating).