+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Hokage

Feb 27, 2020
Category........
FSW
Y'all need to follow GaandiBaat's trick. Stop listening to all the prompt and just press the required numbers to get to an agent. By the time you do this 10 times (about 30 seconds each call), you'll end up on the queue to an agent:

• When you hear something about providing your "UCI", Press 2
  • When you hear Afghanistan Press 1 and then 2 and then 0.
  • If you hear busy, repeat.
But we're filthy foreigners. We aren't even allowed to phone in. I feel so unwanted lmao

Reactions: HA1986

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Yo how are you calling from outside Ca. You using that Textnow app? Iv never been able to get a canadian umber on it, only US... :confused:
U.S number works on it. I used U.S number on textnow to call Canada, back in SA. In fact, I am still using the same number on my textnow to call IRCC now that I am in Canada. The calls take forever so it's convenient for me to dial on my laptop and wait while I continue working :) .

Last edited:

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
But we're filthy foreigners. We aren't even allowed to phone in. I feel so unwanted lmao
Doesn't matter bro. I called IRCC a lot while I was still in SA using textnow. I still called them last week pretending to be my friend back in SA. They gave me all the info I needed :) .

Reactions: Hokage

Hokage

Feb 27, 2020
Category........
FSW
U.S numbers works on it. I used U.S number on textnow to call Canada, back in SA. In fact, I am still using the same number on my textnow to call IRCC now that I am in Canada. The calls take forevers so it's convenient for him to dial on my laptop and wait while I continue working :) .
Are you serious? The ~7 times I tried in the past...it just rings for about 15-20 seconds and cuts off. No voice prompt, nothing. So I assumed it doesn't work with a US number. I tested it out by calling the cohen immigration number listed above and it went through

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Are you serious? The ~7 times I tried in the past...it just rings for about 15-20 seconds and cuts off. No voice prompt, nothing. So I assumed it doesn't work with a US number. I tested it out by calling the cohen immigration number listed above and it went through
It's interesting cos it's the same thing my friend told me, about calling IRCC and it just rings and no prompts. I didn't have that problem when I back home. She also has a US number and can call my Canadian number and other numbers. That's why I had to help her call and pretend to be her.

So weird...

Shahrivar

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Covid as an excuse is unfortunately not limited to IRCC's processing timelines. It has impacted every aspect of government services and they keep using covid to hide their own inefficiencies and lethargy. Covid was a valid excuse may be in 2020 but should not be allowed anymore. I hope Canada's government takes back all restrictions so that they have no way of hiding behind Covid anymore.
If political crises around the world have an effect on the processing time of the applications, then God knows how long it would take for them to finalize the applications. Because we know what world we live in these days.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Calling from your Sim card doesn't work. The call cuts off after some time. But, calling from a TextNow US number app works.

Reactions: dankboi

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
It's interesting cos it's the same thing my friend told me, about calling IRCC and it just rings and no prompts. I didn't have that problem when I back home. She also has a US number and can call my Canadian number and other numbers. That's why I had to help her call and pretend to be her.

So weird...
Calls to Canada are free from the US and I did speak to an agent with Immigration but it's not IRCC. It's some shit service with immigration that I got held off when I thought I was calling IRCC. I believe, IRCC blocks all calls from outside Canada.

• Wow
Reactions: dankboi

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
If political crises around the world have an effect on the processing time of the applications, then God knows how long it would take for them to finalize the applications. Because we know what world we live in these days.
Have plan B.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I think everyone here knows that. Even from the beginning, I did not take it as something for granted. I had almost forgotten about it until I got the re-med request. I am just curious to see how long it would take them to finalize my application.
I did not notice that you received remeds, and wow you have been waiting for quite some time. You will get your PPR soon.

cpr2019

Nov 10, 2019
I think everyone here knows that. Even from the beginning, I did not take it as something for granted. I had almost forgotten about it until I got the re-med request. I am just curious to see how long it would take them to finalize my application.
dude...which is your vo?