+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Question for the folks who do upfront re-medicals: Do you wait until expiry before you do this? Or do you do this a month or a few weeks before expiry?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I'm so pissed with IRCC right now. I got remedical requests for the whole family, even though we are all M1 profiles and in Canada. I spoke to an IRCC agent now and he can see the note saying remeds required because some of my dependants have changes in category (I have a daughter who has crossed over to 'adulthood' in the last year, and a son who is no longer a baby/toddler). I guess there are different tests and checks required for them than was done during the our medicals in 2021.

Oh well, now to go shell out another $2,000 :rolleyes::rolleyes:.
So I got an email from the IRCC agent I spoke to (shocking! :D ). She sent me the paragraph below, asked me to screenshot it and send it in a webform requesting the case officer to consider us for medical extension as we qualify for it. She mentioned that it's likely the medical administrator who requested the remeds was not aware that the policy has been extended to the end of March 2022. She also said to ask why my spouse is being requested to redo his meds, cos his only expires in May.

I've sent the webform as advised, and I have also booked the remeds for next week Friday cos there's only 1 panel physician in my entire city.

--
Temporary public policy exempting some foreign nationals in Canada from requiring an immigration medical exam

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring COVID-19 and its impact on IRCC clients.

IRCC has renewed the temporary public policy exempting some foreign nationals in Canada from having to complete an additional immigration medical exam as part of their application for permanent residence (PR), if they already recently completed one and were found to pose no risk to public health. Originally set to expire on December 28, 2021, the exemption will be extended until March 31, 2022.

This public policy, which was announced in June 2021, helps streamline application processing for low-risk, in-Canada applicants, while effectively managing public health risks. It supports faster application processing and helps foreign nationals who are here already to transition to PR status more quickly.

When applying for PR or for a PR visa, applicants must provide an immigration medical exam or a unique medical identifier number from their previous medical exam. IRCC will contact individuals who are not eligible for the exemption to discuss next steps.

For more information on the situation and the latest updates, we invite you to visit our website regularly.

Last edited:

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Question for the folks who do upfront re-medicals: Do you wait until expiry before you do this? Or do you do this a month or a few weeks before expiry?
3 months since mine expired. Still not doing it. I saw a few posts in FB where people did upfront and a few days later IRCC asked for re-meds. They are not sure if IRCC would accept the upfront or need to re-do the medicals. Unless you are very desperate for PPR, it's advisable to wait.

boilercat

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
3 months since mine expired. Still not doing it. I saw a few posts in FB where people did upfront and a few days later IRCC asked for re-meds. They are not sure if IRCC would accept the upfront or need to re-do the medicals. Unless you are very desperate for PPR, it's advisable to wait.
I’m so desperate

D

Deleted member 1050918

So I got an email from the IRCC agent I spoke to (shocking! :D ). She sent me the paragraph below, asked me to screenshot it and send it in a webform requesting the case officer to consider us for medical extension as we qualify for it. She mentioned that it's likely the medical administrator who requested the remeds was not aware that the policy has been extended to the end of March 2022. She also said to ask why my spouse is being requested to redo his meds, cos his only expires in May.

I've send the webform as advised, and I have also booked the remeds for next week Friday cos there's only 1 panel physician in my entire city.

--
Temporary public policy exempting some foreign nationals in Canada from requiring an immigration medical exam

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring COVID-19 and its impact on IRCC clients.

IRCC has renewed the temporary public policy exempting some foreign nationals in Canada from having to complete an additional immigration medical exam as part of their application for permanent residence (PR), if they already recently completed one and were found to pose no risk to public health. Originally set to expire on December 28, 2021, the exemption will be extended until March 31, 2022.

This public policy, which was announced in June 2021, helps streamline application processing for low-risk, in-Canada applicants, while effectively managing public health risks. It supports faster application processing and helps foreign nationals who are here already to transition to PR status more quickly.

When applying for PR or for a PR visa, applicants must provide an immigration medical exam or a unique medical identifier number from their previous medical exam. IRCC will contact individuals who are not eligible for the exemption to discuss next steps.

For more information on the situation and the latest updates, we invite you to visit our website regularly.
aaarrrrrrggghhhhhhhh :mad::eek:

• Haha
Reactions: wonderbly