+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

prediksh

Jan 13, 2022
Based on all the recent news, what might be the best course of action for someone who entered the pool as an FSW in May 2021? (CRS: 470, age 30 - 31 in 2022, COR & nationality - India, NOC 0113)

D

Deleted member 1006777

the bigger challenge is to find the best balance between permanency and career
Funny how you think this doesn't apply to me. I could also go to EU today, or at least apply to. But like I've said, it's not the right time, and I will when I have to. You're being pretty quick making random assumptions and generalizations about me, so I'm not particularly interested in engaging with you anymore. Good luck moving forward regardless.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Funny how you think this doesn't apply to me. I could also go to EU today, or at least apply to. But like I've said, it's not the right time, and I will when I have to. You're being pretty quick making random assumptions and generalizations about me, so I'm not particularly interested in engaging with you anymore. Good luck moving forward regardless.
How about France since you already know French? Language is the biggest challenge in getting PR/Citizenship in EU.

D

Deleted member 1006777

To be specific:

there aren't many societies which would be willing to give you the things you want.
There are plenty. And what you don't seem to understand is that at this point in time, Canada offers the most out of any of the European or North American options for me.

While you have to stick with Canada because that's your only opportunity
It's not, I can take my pick of at least 3-4 western EU countries, perhaps not all.

I think that's why you're consistently failing to understand my points.
I do understand your points, and like I've stated before, my annoyance is with your complaining, not with your points.

your only priority is permanency
It is not.

Funny how you're so blinded by your own elitism that you fail to notice your hypocrisy.

• Haha
Reactions: PRANIT01
D

Deleted member 1006777

How about France since you already know French? Language is the biggest challenge in getting PR/Citizenship in EU.
I've already mentioned this, but it's not the right choice for me at the moment for several reasons. Who knows, maybe I'll end up in France in the future, although it's unlikely because I don't find anything particularly attractive about french culture or society. Doesn't seem to be the right fit.

Reactions: seadrag0n

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
These only apply to Indians/Chinese/Eastern people though. But that's a lot of people.
True, but then, lets face it. Most of the immigrants are third world citizens. Typically south or east asians. Because they together form about 40% of humanity, if not more and are typically younger people looking for greener pastures.

social life won't be all too different than what it would be in the US.
I sort of disagree... Canada is a patch quilt in terms of society. US is the true melting pot. This means, as an immigrant, you are fine if you exist as small islands of your own social life in Canada. In USA, you are encouraged and expected to mix and Americanize yourself. Asians (south or east) tend to do decent in a quilt kind of setup -- atleast the first generation ones, second generation is invariably confused one way or the other. That being said, I agree, non-Asian immigrants have a totally different experience and expectations of social life.

In both countries, social integration will always be crippled in right-leaning states/provinces with the only difference being in Canada people will be more subtle about their approach at you as an Indian/Eastern.
I have never felt any pressure to integrate in Canada, nor those whom I know. In USA, its always a thing. Concrete example: One of my friend had this little visit from a social worker from his kids' school because his neighbors thought that the family is dysfunctional... Reason? They keep it to themselves a bit more and the kid does not show up at team sports.

So in both countries eastern people are limited to liberal/left-leaning states/provinces for maximized social integration and acceptance.
I am in a left leaning province -- BC. NDP is left leaning, no doubt, not as much as say Liberals but still. Alberta is a bit more conservative. I have not lived there personally but I have friends there. The Patch Quilt pattern appears there too. I though want to live in Calgary for if nothing else than to manage living in a big city with no debt or mortgage.

Their kids will have much easier time for sure.
Kids ... atleast the second generation ones are typically confused. We have a term for that among my community. ABCD. American Born Confused Desi. But then, they settle down in a dominant identity at some point in their adulthood.

D

Deleted member 1050918

I'm not particularly interested in engaging with you anymore. Good luck moving forward regardless.
Happy to hear this because I wasn't much delighted to read your mockery of my points whereas I don't have anything against you. You can't discern the difference between criticism and complaint so it's best if you don't participate in the discussion. Mock me all you want, it won't change the fact that the size of the STEM job market, on average (think more probability of you finding a better career), is ranked between regions as US > EU > Canada. Now if you can't understand there are of course jobs in Canada that pay more than some jobs in EU in particular fields, and if you're getting mad just because some fella online said Canada doesn't pay as well on average, we can't have a proper discussion mate.

Thanks and to you as well.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Based on all the recent news, what might be the best course of action for someone who entered the pool as an FSW in May 2021? (CRS: 470, age 30 - 31 in 2022, COR & nationality - India, NOC 0113)
3 letters ... PNP.

Reactions: wonderbly
D

Deleted member 1050918

I sort of disagree... Canada is a patch quilt in terms of society. US is the true melting pot. This means, as an immigrant, you are fine if you exist as small islands of your own social life in Canada. In USA, you are encouraged and expected to mix and Americanize yourself. Asians (south or east) tend to do decent in a quilt kind of setup -- atleast the first generation ones, second generation is invariably confused one way or the other. That being said, I agree, non-Asian immigrants have a totally different experience and expectations of social life.

I have never felt any pressure to integrate in Canada, nor those whom I know.
Agreed with all of the text but these especially. Canadians' subtle way of approaching easterns is why you didn't feel any pressure. You need to dig a bit deep to face that "alright this is where I cross the line between your culture and mine" with Canadians if you're eastern. You're right about those small islands of societies, as you said if you stick to those islands you will probably never face that "this is my cultural line" with Canadians. Europeans may indeed get that line crossed too but when a European does it it's "interesting", when an eastern does it it's "different". This is by no means insulting or hostile of course in our modern times. It's just human nature.

Last edited by a moderator:

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
Why are you guys always fighting? Everytime I come at this forum, I see people bickering over nonsense. Folks, we are in the same boat here. The bottomline is that we're not happy where we are living, our countries are completely crap and we need better opportunities. Let's support each other during these tough times and let's hope we can all make it to Canada!

• Haha
Reactions: wonderbly

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Guys what about the expensive housing in Canada, it looks nightmare inducing to me and the biggest reason why I don't want to settle in Canada permanently.
To be honest, there is no good enough answer to that question. I know many families who have built a sort of bridge to real estate. Moving from 1 bedroom downpayment to 3 bedroom downpayment to finally a single family home downpayment. All still depends upon one fact : house prices going up all the time. If they come down significantly, these folks are screwed.

D

Deleted member 1050918

If my assumption of your country is correct, it will take ages until your country is admitted to the EU due to certain factors.
The talk is about immigration, career opportunities for immigrants, social integration etc. Not some country joining EU. Also your perspective made me laugh:

- wyd bro
- wanting to work in EU bro
- cool bro you applying to jobs?
- no bro
- you applying to schools?
- no bro
- what are you doing then bro?
- waiting till my country joins EU bro