+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

M

MayorGrom

Guys thanks for all the doomscrolling material but...

The first thing the memo says is that its "purpose is to seek... decision regarding an extension of the pause on Federal High Skilled Express Entry Rounds."

EXTENSION OF THE PAUSE, not TERMINATION OF APPLICATIONS. RELAX.

I do feel for people who are waiting in the pool though.
We are not talking about termination of applications. jfc!

M

MayorGrom

Back then it was at least reasonable because CECs were progressing that's why FSW&PNP was waiting. Now CEC is also not progressing. That's probably because IRCC moved resources away from EE altogether and that means they already have a new plan and feel safe. At this point, the only hope for post-AOR outlands is mandamus and pre-ITA outlands should already proceed with their alternative plans. There will probably be no draws in 2022 sadly and an average outland applicant will have to wait 3+ years so there's no point in waiting on Canada.
The question is where they moved their resources to and what will they do with 85 millions that they got for one reason only; process backlogs. If you say Afghanistan, then it makes no sense; they got 1.5 billion for that. Spousal? Those guys are not moving, either.

M

MayorGrom

I know that but they are not processing PNP applications also. Maybe the provinces themselves should go all mandamus on IRCC.
They are. Just slower. There are no talks about cutting PNPs and extending their processing timeline.

D

Deleted member 1050918

I know that but they are not processing PNP applications also. Maybe the provinces themselves should go all mandamus on IRCC.
Inland PNPs are doing really good actually and majority of PNP applicants are inland applicants so provinces won't feel much of a disturbance. I believe PNP applicants may have a strong hand in mandamus since IRCC won't be inclined to diss a provincial nominee to stay on good terms with the provinces. I doubt provinces will take any action against IRCC.

The question is where they moved their resources to and what will they do with 85 millions that they got for one reason only; process backlogs. If you say Afghanistan, then it makes no sense; they got 1.5 billion for that. Spousal? Those guys are not moving, either.
Any source on 85 million dollars being allocated just for backlog processing? What I know is that money will go into digitalization. As I said, IRCC has dropped EE completely by the looks of CEC/FSW/PNP PPRs so there must be something big coming.

D

Deleted member 1050918

M

MayorGrom

Thanks. There's no timeline and course of action stated there so the solution IRCC is planning might be a combination of things including hiring more officers, spending more money on IT etc. These things take time, it's not easy to invest 85 million dollars. So I expect no improvement in processing speed until next year at least.
So, they got those 85 million for this year and this year only. Hiring more people and training them should not take the whole year; according to Holthe, his training took 2 weeks and I highly doubt that timeline changed. I don't know if IRCC reports back on what they spend money on but if backlogs are not tackled and 36 months processing timeline will become a reality, then the question is: where are the money?

If we see the improvement during the next year only, then the question is: why 85 millions were allocated? 36 months processing timeline means that IRCC reviews and finalizes 1500 applications monthly, which is more or less January 2021 speed; that speed was achieved during pandemic (way worse than now) with those limited resources that were available. I have read somewhere that they can finalize 15000 applications/month, which brings us to the main question; what are they doing with backlogs? Processing Afghans? No, they got 1.5 billions for that. Spousal? No, those are not moving either. PNPs? Sure but not at lighting speed for those, either. CEC? Sure, but there is no backlog for CEC (not massive one). Those things will be asked to IRCC by another parties; not us but other politicians.

Plus, don't forget that a massive backlog for FSW is stuck at the last stage only; it's either security (not done by IRCC, IRCC just gets a final result (pass/fail)), or remedical/Schedule A and passport issue. Not a massive workload, tbh.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime
D

Deleted member 1050918

Eh I think that's a bit reading too much between the lines. I doubt IRCC themselves think that hard about it. I can't see any indicators there will be a speed up, money spent for tech improvements, or significant numbers of new hires to deal with the backlog this year. What I see is Canada has already given up on outland immigration, CECs already got their PRs and I believe IRCC is getting ready to make TR2PR the new and only way of economic immigration. They don't mind making outlanders wait another 3 years so that's probably what's gonna be.

M

MayorGrom

Eh I think that's a bit reading too much between the lines. I doubt IRCC themselves think that hard about it. I can't see any indicators there will be a speed up, money spent for tech improvements, or significant numbers of new hires to deal with the backlog this year. What I see is Canada has already given up on outland immigration, CECs already got their PRs and I believe IRCC is getting ready to make TR2PR the new and only way of economic immigration. They don't mind making outlanders wait another 3 years so that's probably what's gonna be.
Again, there should be a basis for 3 years. Mandamus (I wouldn't go for it until I am absolutely exhausted) is essentially based on that. It pushes IRCC to answer a question of "Why my application has not been processed after X years?". In 2021, they used 2 major reasons: Afghanistan and COVID. Can they use the same excuses moving forward? I cannot imagine how.

I cannot see them using TR2PR as the only way for many reasons. I doubt we will ever see TR2PR, again.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
So, they got those 85 million for this year and this year only. Hiring more people and training them should not take the whole year; according to Holthe, his training took 2 weeks and I highly doubt that timeline changed. I don't know if IRCC reports back on what they spend money on but if backlogs are not tackled and 36 months processing timeline will become a reality, then the question is: where are the money?

If we see the improvement during the next year only, then the question is: why 85 millions were allocated? 36 months processing timeline means that IRCC reviews and finalizes 1500 applications monthly, which is more or less January 2021 speed; that speed was achieved during pandemic (way worse than now) with those limited resources that were available. I have read somewhere that they can finalize 15000 applications/month, which brings us to the main question; what are they doing with backlogs? Processing Afghans? No, they got 1.5 billions for that. Spousal? No, those are not moving either. PNPs? Sure but not at lighting speed for those, either. CEC? Sure, but there is no backlog for CEC (not massive one). Those things will be asked to IRCC by another parties; not us but other politicians.

Plus, don't forget that a massive backlog for FSW is stuck at the last stage only; it's either security (not done by IRCC, IRCC just gets a final result (pass/fail)), or remedical/Schedule A and passport issue. Not a massive workload, tbh.
Look, there is one rule for government spending : There is never an answer to where did the bloody money go?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Again, there should be a basis for 3 years. Mandamus (I wouldn't go for it until I am absolutely exhausted) is essentially based on that. It pushes IRCC to answer a question of "Why my application has not been processed after X years?". In 2021, they used 2 major reasons: Afghanistan and COVID. Can they use the same excuses moving forward? I cannot imagine how.

I cannot see them using TR2PR as the only way for many reasons. I doubt we will ever see TR2PR, again.
The new mandate letter precisely call for programs to convert temporary residents into permanent.
I was wrong, it was through EE system only.

• Expand pathways to Permanent Residence for international students and temporary foreign workers through the Express Entry system. With respect to pathways for agricultural temporary foreign workers, you will be supported in this work by the Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food.

D

Deleted member 1050918

People say the court didn't accept covid as a cause for delays. And TR2PR is actually about to be merged into EE as per the mandate letter. Fraser had said some more stuff about it too, you gotta go find it though because it was a few months ago.