+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
It's probably true they need immigrants for their long-term survival however they have an endless supply of immigrants from within the country. They can decide to scrap the traditional FSW draws and still have options to meet their immigration requirements.
It’s possible they do that but there will always be need for young experienced and highly skilled immigrants; FSW has been the flagship source of this category of people for several years. Will they want to scrap this resource now? Only time can tell

D

Deleted member 1050918

The only reason I felt is because last year the targets weren’t met and this year also it may be the difficult as per this article. Nonetheless surely not impossible.

https://www.cicnews.com/2021/07/ircc-canada-welcomed-over-35000-new-immigrants-in-june-0718730.html#gs.8lty37
You said it yourself, targets. They're not impossible this year because of the megadraw and low-score CECs, which happened to ensure TARGETS would be met in the first place. In other words, targets are indeed set in stone and government will do anything to meet them. Without FSW 2022 targets are at risk, unless they want more CRS300 CECs, which doesn't seem to be by the looks of 3000 CEC draws.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
I think at this point it's better to take things at face value and assume Covid is the only reason for all the delays. I know people are desperately trying to make sense of all this by coming up with different theories (immigration targets, elections, politics etc etc) but it's going to complicate things and in the end, turn out to be not true.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
You're saying that from an immigrant's perspective. If immigrants were that important to Canada, I'm sure they would have found a way to bring them over regardless of the circumstances. I think people overestimate the need for migrants from outside Canada. Most Canadians probably don't care or are indifferent towards immigration and so is their government it seems.
Well, I kind of see why they have done that and why outland immigration was halted. They have done that for everyone, tourists etc. I really do understand the logic in it where most of the countries locked down and closed their borders. ;) If immigrants would not be important to them they would not do crazy draws for CEC ;)

Honestly they need immigrants.

Reactions: ita_drgen
D

Deleted member 1050918

I think at this point it's better to take things at face value and assume Covid is the only reason for all the delays. I know people are desperately trying to make sense of all this by coming up with different theories but it's going to complicate things and in the end, turn out to be not true.
I explained this before, Covid had (not has) much to do with 2021 draws and app processing. Had the government continued with FSW since Jan 1 this year, how many of those could get PPR before 2021 ends? Even if so, how many of those could land in Canada this year? Risks were very high. So the government didn't have a choice but to go with people who are already in Canada. Add the megadraw to that as a boost. Low-score CEC was inevitable due to the demographics of the EE pool.

But now, things are different. 2021 is done, 2022 targets are next. FSWs can land in 2022. Also, vast majority of low-score CEC apps received in Sept and onwards won't receive a PPR because there's not enough time left in 2021. So they won't help 2021 targets. The government didn't want to invite more low-score CECs because they aren't essential (yet) for 2022 targets, so they have been decreasing CEC invites.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
I explained this before, Covid had (not has) much to do with 2021 draws and app processing. Had the government continued with FSW since Jan 1 this year, how many of those could get PPR before 2021 ends? Even if so, how many of those could land in Canada this year? Risks were very high. So the government didn't have a choice but to go with people who are already in Canada. Add the megadraw to that as a boost. Low-score CEC was inevitable due to the demographics of the EE pool.

But now, things are different. 2021 is done, 2022 targets are next. FSWs can land in 2022. Also, vast majority of low-score CEC apps received in Sept and onwards won't receive a PPR because there's not enough time left in 2021. So they won't help 2021 targets. The government didn't want to invite more low-score CECs because they aren't essential (yet) for 2022 targets, so they have been decreasing CEC invites.
This is the most straight forward and reasonable answer we could get ;) I agree with that. I mean going forward, inviting CEC might even hurt them in the longer run.

Reactions: ita_drgen

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020

It makes sense and falls in place with all the actions taken by IRCC so far. I guess we will found out in September.

Reactions: dxdroid

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Might? It will. I bet at least 50% of the CEC immigrants accepted in 2021 will retire in 10 years. That'll be felt in the Canadian economy in the next decade.
Now the question is if they are actually thinking about it? Are they aware about that. Possibly there will be another huge immigration targets announced in the next few coming years. Who knows :) I expect this to happen anyway.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
Might? It will. I bet at least 50% of the CEC immigrants accepted in 2021 will retire in 10 years. That'll be felt in the Canadian economy in the next decade.
Unfortunately the average Canadian wouldn’t know about all this and the long term impacts. If they did it would affect the Liberal’s chances at the polls. The government is just going to give the masses the general impression that they fostered in-Canada immigration pathways to help revamp the economy and that would be it. No one will know that most of the selected profiles would retire in 10-15 years time and that this would constitute a rebound effect on the economy

Reactions: Hokage
D

Deleted member 1050918

Now the question is if they are actually thinking about it? Are they aware about that. Possibly there will be another huge immigration targets announced in the next few coming years. Who knows :) I expect this to happen anyway.
The government will have changed at least twice in the next 10 years so it's impossible to know. But I doubt Canada will need as many immigrants in 10 years as they do today. I also expect a shift in the view of the citizens towards immigrants and immigration, especially as the Canadian population increases.

Reactions: dxdroid

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
The government will have changed at least twice in the next 10 years so it's impossible to know. But I doubt Canada will need as many immigrants in 10 years as they do today. I also expect a shift in the view of the citizens towards immigrants and immigration, especially as the Canadian population increases.
True, it is a long time ahead to look into it and a lot of things can change.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Unfortunately the average Canadian wouldn’t know about all this and the long term impacts. If they did it would affect the Liberal’s chances at the polls. The government is just going to give the masses the general impression that they fostered in-Canada immigration pathways to help revamp the economy and that would be it. No one will know that most of the selected profiles would retire in 10-15 years time and that this would constitute a rebound effect on the economy
Agreed. But the Canadian politics in the next decade will look back at today's decisions and use them for political gain. This is another reason why I expect a change in Canada's attitude towards immigration in the next 10 years. Politicians of the next decade won't only blame Mendicino and Trudeau for their decisions today, but the whole idea of immigration and immigrants by saying that they became a hunch on the country's back. Well, this is no news, look at Australia.

Reactions: shanusharma01

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
10 years time is exactly when we expect arguably the most number of baby boomers in the history of Canada to retire and coupled with most of those invited this year through CEC and other pathways; there will always be the need for immigrants in Canada even in the next 10 years

Reactions: shanusharma01