+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Rish92

Jan 22, 2021
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Hi guys do you know any good groups or forums where I can find details about Australian immigration? I am kind of confused with the whole point system/ state nomination thing..thanks
FYI…. I spent
I think your biggest concern with 491 is if you'd indeed get it in the first place. I know the official websites all state in fancy text how they have 3 streams. Theoretically if you have the right occupation code, competitive points & work experience, you have somewhat of a chance. But the ground reality is that those streams are so competitive that as an off shore candidate its almost an impossibility. Add to this RDAs (regional areas where 491 is applicable) change up the occupations lists that they want to invite on a whim. I know of folks who have left their well paying jobs & moved their whole life from Sydney to a small town which is basically built around a mall (not even kidding lol) for over 2 years now sitting at pretty high points & not even getting a pre-invite from the RDA. This 491 was introduced only recently. So the first batch of immigrants who did receive the invitation haven't moved on beyond this visa. But knowing Australia, I won't be surprised if they come up with another obstacle to screw the folks from obtaining the PR.
I second this.

Reactions: dankboi

hsiddd

Star Member
Dec 9, 2021
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2019
AOR Received.
28-11-2019
This. It is magnitudes above a PFL, which you can totally respond to yourself, but some people still fuck up without a lawyer.
In the past, Courts have been reluctant to accept departmental backlogs, or staff shortages as reasonable explanations for delays. That said, each case is considered on its own individual merit, hence why it is important to have an experienced lawyer to help tailor and bolster your case.
Yes.
But honestly, I don't think IRCC has any leg to stand on. They kept inviting hundreds of thousands of students and workers and put PR outlands on hold throughout 2020s and 2021s. As if only Outlands were disseminating Covid. Their logic fall flat at the very beginning!

Reactions: jerrinjose1991
D

Deleted member 1050918

year 2023-2024 , 2025-2026 , 20XX-20XX
pandemic still same as of 2019
JT saves Canadians from pandemic
JT wins another minority via snap election
Express entry changed to TR2PR as a whole
This is meant as a joke but it actually is quite probable.

• Haha

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Yes.
But honestly, I don't think IRCC has any leg to stand on. They kept inviting hundreds of thousands of students and workers and put PR outlands on hold throughout 2020s and 2021s. As if only Outlands were disseminating Covid. Their logic fall flat at the very beginning!
Actually they do, and here's why.

For starters, until the Courts shift their mindset to view "Acts of God" (i.e. non man made events) as non reasonable explanations for service delays, the main test for Mandamus is unlikely to be fulfilled in the majority of cases.

Excluding that, the call to close borders to those outside Canada came from the Prime Minister's office, as advised by Health Canada. Following that directive, IRCC determined that they wouldn't be able to land a majority of outland candidates, primarily due to them not being able to physically come into the country.
  • A half skilled lawyer would argue that the situation was out of their hands, and thus, the pause on FSW draws, and outland processing. A Court would view that as a reasonable cause for delay as the department couldn't go against the Public Health directive even if they wanted to.
  • An even better lawyer would argue that continuing to issue draws for outlanders and processing their applications right up until they got PPR, only to then not issue said PPR, is even more cruel, citing mental health concerns and real life disruptions to lives.

hsiddd

Star Member
Dec 9, 2021
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2019
AOR Received.
28-11-2019
Actually they do, and here's why.

For starters, until the Courts shift their mindset to view "Acts of God" (i.e. non man made events) as non reasonable explanations for service delays, the main test for Mandamus is unlikely to be fulfilled in the majority of cases.

Excluding that, the call to close borders to those outside Canada came from the Prime Minister's office, as advised by Health Canada. Following that directive, IRCC determined that they wouldn't be able to land a majority of outland candidates, primarily due to them not being able to physically come into the country.
  • A half skilled lawyer would argue that the situation was out of their hands, and thus, the pause on FSW draws, and outland processing. A Court would view that as a reasonable cause for delay as the department couldn't go against the Public Health directive even if they wanted to.
  • An even better lawyer would argue that continuing to issue draws for outlanders and processing their applications right up until they got PPR, only to then not issue said PPR, is even more cruel, citing mental health concerns and real life disruptions to lives.
Yes that true. But there was selective closure of border, wasn't it? If it were like Australia where even students and workers were denied entry, the stoppage of fsw processing would have been justified. But I can't come to terms with selective entry.
But you are right. I am not a lawyer and will look for one if (likely, when) I go with mandamus.

hsiddd

Star Member
Dec 9, 2021
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2019
AOR Received.
28-11-2019
Hmm. My last msg is awaiting approval. Idk why.
Just stating ircc still selectively allowed entry of certain groups. Covid applied to them too. If it were a blanket border closure that would have been justified. But selective closure is less justified to me.
But still you are right, I am not a lawyer, so will likely hire one if /when i go for Mandamus.

hsiddd

Star Member
Dec 9, 2021
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2019
AOR Received.
28-11-2019
Hmm. My last msg is awaiting approval. Idk why.
Just stating ircc still selectively allowed entry of certain groups. Covid applied to them too. If it were a blanket border closure that would have been justified. But selective closure is less justified to me.
But still you are right, I am not a lawyer, so will likely hire one if /when i go for Mandamus.
By blanket closure, i mean to foreigners not prs and citizens.