+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Yes, they have to keep some form of inflow of candidates for PR in the event that they run out of temporary workers of students.
Don't take this the wrong way or anything, and I might be wrong, but if that's the problem that IRCC is facing, I think the probability of just drawing the FSW stream again is much higher than opening a new dedicated Kazakhstan path. Even for Hong Kong, Canada only opened up 2 streams (1) open work permits (not PRs) for recent graduates, and (2) PRs for HK people already inside Canada. They might do some refugee related stuff, but if they did, then it would most likely have a quota, and you must meet certain criteria's that would qualify you as a highly vulnerable individual.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime
D

Deleted member 1006777

Don't take this the wrong way or anything, and I might be wrong, but if that's the problem that IRCC is facing, I think the probability of just drawing the FSW stream again is much higher than opening a new dedicated Kazakhstan path. Even for Hong Kong, Canada only opened up 2 streams (1) open work permits (not PRs) for recent graduates, and (2) PRs for HK people already inside Canada. They might do some refugee related stuff, but if they did, then it would most likely have a quota, and you must meet certain criteria's that would qualify you as a highly vulnerable individual.
I'm being sarcastic.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
B.C. officials announce return to in-class learning, order businesses to reactivate COVID safety plans
Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry says rapid tests will not be available to schools Monday

The B.C. government says thousands of students across the province will return to in-class learning Monday despite the risk that the highly transmissible Omicron variant could significantly impact staffing in the weeks to come.

Education Minister Jennifer Whiteside joined Health Minister Adrian Dix and Provincial Health Officer Bonnie Henry to make the announcement during a live news conference Friday.

Whiteside said there will be enhanced safety measures in place at schools, including staggered break times, virtual assemblies and visitor restrictions. She also said schools will have access to three-layered masks despite calls from the B.C. Teachers' Federation to distribute N95s instead.

"It is essential — and it is a priority for all of us — that we keep schools open," said Henry.

Last week, the province announced a staggered return to school in January due to the spread of Omicron, and school administrators have been using this time to prepare contingency plans, including functional, phased closures for when too many staff are sick or required to isolate.

B.C. Teachers' Federation responds
Terri Mooring, president of the B.C. Teachers' Federation, held her own news conference immediately after the province's ended.

Mooring said school staff want to avoid functional closures and that is why the union is frustrated that more layers of protection are not being offered by the government.

She said she would like to see the province not only make N95 masks available to students and staff upon request, but also prioritize boosters for teachers and work to get more students vaccinated.

According to Mooring, the highest vaccination rates for children ages five to 11 who have received their first dose is 52 per cent in Vancouver Coastal Health. In the Northern Health region, it's currently only 23 per cent.

"We would like to see much more of an emphasis placed on access to those vaccinations for school-age children."

Rapid tests not coming rapidly
The province has also been criticized for the lack of available rapid tests in B.C.

Health officials have faced calls over the course of the pandemic, and more acutely in the past week as Omicron quickly spreads, to widely distribute the tests, which can be used at home and provide results in minutes.

With children expected to return to school next week, improved availability of such tests would be welcomed by educators and families alike.

Henry said Friday that a supply is on the way from the federal government and should arrive next week.

She said all rapid tests in the province now are currently spoken for and are being used in long-term care for health-care workers and remote Indigenous communities.

Reactivating health order
Outside the education system, Henry also announced she is ordering B.C. business owners to reactivate COVID-19 safety plans.

All B.C. employers open during the pandemic once again must have approved health and safety protocols in place to reduce the spread of COVID-19.

The requirement was first put in place when B.C. began reopening in May 2020, after the first shutdown.

Under such an order, employers have an obligation to minimize risk to staff and customers. This includes measures like physical barriers, capacity limits indoors and keeping workers home when they are sick.

A Vancouver grocery store worker wears a protective face mask and gloves as a customer stands on the other side of a plastic divider in April 2020. B.C. business owners were ordered to reactivate COVID-19 safety plans on Friday. (Jonathan Hayward/The Canadian Press)
In July 2021, the province announced workplaces could ease certain restrictions and shift from strict safety plans to communicable disease plans, which include protocols like handwashing.

This is now no longer the case due to the Omicron variant, and Henry said WorksafeBC is available to offer support to employers if they need help with these plans.

On Friday, the province announced 349 people are now in hospital with COVID-19, including 93 in intensive care, while nine more people have died from the disease.

As of Friday, 23.9 per cent of COVID-19 tests in B.C. are coming back positive, according to the province's COVID-19 dashboard.

Henry has said anything above a five per cent test-positivity rate indicates a concerning level of community transmission.

A total of 3,144 new cases were also reported. But in the wake of the rapid spread of the highly transmissible Omicron variant, which has caused testing capacity issues in B.C. — and in light of the decreased virulence of the variant for many who contract it — experts say daily case counts are now a less reliable statistic for understanding the pandemic.

D

Deleted member 1050918

B.C. officials announce return to in-class learning, order businesses to reactivate COVID safety plans
Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry says rapid tests will not be available to schools Monday

The B.C. government says thousands of students across the province will return to in-class learning Monday despite the risk that the highly transmissible Omicron variant could significantly impact staffing in the weeks to come.

Education Minister Jennifer Whiteside joined Health Minister Adrian Dix and Provincial Health Officer Bonnie Henry to make the announcement during a live news conference Friday.

Whiteside said there will be enhanced safety measures in place at schools, including staggered break times, virtual assemblies and visitor restrictions. She also said schools will have access to three-layered masks despite calls from the B.C. Teachers' Federation to distribute N95s instead.

"It is essential — and it is a priority for all of us — that we keep schools open," said Henry.

Last week, the province announced a staggered return to school in January due to the spread of Omicron, and school administrators have been using this time to prepare contingency plans, including functional, phased closures for when too many staff are sick or required to isolate.

B.C. Teachers' Federation responds
Terri Mooring, president of the B.C. Teachers' Federation, held her own news conference immediately after the province's ended.

Mooring said school staff want to avoid functional closures and that is why the union is frustrated that more layers of protection are not being offered by the government.

She said she would like to see the province not only make N95 masks available to students and staff upon request, but also prioritize boosters for teachers and work to get more students vaccinated.

According to Mooring, the highest vaccination rates for children ages five to 11 who have received their first dose is 52 per cent in Vancouver Coastal Health. In the Northern Health region, it's currently only 23 per cent.

"We would like to see much more of an emphasis placed on access to those vaccinations for school-age children."

Rapid tests not coming rapidly
The province has also been criticized for the lack of available rapid tests in B.C.

Health officials have faced calls over the course of the pandemic, and more acutely in the past week as Omicron quickly spreads, to widely distribute the tests, which can be used at home and provide results in minutes.

With children expected to return to school next week, improved availability of such tests would be welcomed by educators and families alike.

Henry said Friday that a supply is on the way from the federal government and should arrive next week.

She said all rapid tests in the province now are currently spoken for and are being used in long-term care for health-care workers and remote Indigenous communities.

Reactivating health order
Outside the education system, Henry also announced she is ordering B.C. business owners to reactivate COVID-19 safety plans.

All B.C. employers open during the pandemic once again must have approved health and safety protocols in place to reduce the spread of COVID-19.

The requirement was first put in place when B.C. began reopening in May 2020, after the first shutdown.

Under such an order, employers have an obligation to minimize risk to staff and customers. This includes measures like physical barriers, capacity limits indoors and keeping workers home when they are sick.

A Vancouver grocery store worker wears a protective face mask and gloves as a customer stands on the other side of a plastic divider in April 2020. B.C. business owners were ordered to reactivate COVID-19 safety plans on Friday. (Jonathan Hayward/The Canadian Press)
In July 2021, the province announced workplaces could ease certain restrictions and shift from strict safety plans to communicable disease plans, which include protocols like handwashing.

This is now no longer the case due to the Omicron variant, and Henry said WorksafeBC is available to offer support to employers if they need help with these plans.

On Friday, the province announced 349 people are now in hospital with COVID-19, including 93 in intensive care, while nine more people have died from the disease.

As of Friday, 23.9 per cent of COVID-19 tests in B.C. are coming back positive, according to the province's COVID-19 dashboard.

Henry has said anything above a five per cent test-positivity rate indicates a concerning level of community transmission.

A total of 3,144 new cases were also reported. But in the wake of the rapid spread of the highly transmissible Omicron variant, which has caused testing capacity issues in B.C. — and in light of the decreased virulence of the variant for many who contract it — experts say daily case counts are now a less reliable statistic for understanding the pandemic.
Good news for immigrants because their files will be processed and bad news for lazy ass Canadians because they're gonna have to fuck off back to work/school.

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
from reddit via dm

FSW Outland
PA + Dependents- 3
Nationality- Philippines
COR- Philippines
ITA- July 2019

AOR- July 2019

Re-Medical Passed- 20 December 2021
PPR - 7 January 2022
from immitracker, late update

FSW Outland NOC- 2141 CRS- 489
PA + Dependents- 3
Nationality- Morocco
COR- Morocco
VO- Ottawa

AOR- 19 December 2019
ADR- 28 May 2020

Medical Passed- 9 January 2020
PPR - 10 December 2021
from immitracker,

FSW Outland NOC- 0124 CRS- 522
PA + Dependents- 2
Nationality- Morocco
COR- UAE

VO- London
AOR- 19 September 2020
Medical Passed- 27 October 2020
ADR- 15 December 2020
Medical expired- 13 August 2021
Medical extended- 18 November 2021
PPR - 8 January 2022
Thanks @dankboi

I really hope they continue this path and so far I like the approach the new minister is taking.

The thing that can possibly ruin this is the introduction of new pathways.

Immitracker really shows whats happening in the background.

Reactions: dankboi

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Christmas tree still in house unsure if family Orthodox or just lazy

SASKATOON – A Christmas tree still on display in the Miller household’s living room is uncertain if the family that purchased it is planning to celebrate Orthodox Christmas, or if they’ve just been too lazy to throw it out onto the curb for collection.

“This is driving me crazy,” the tree said. “I’ve been decorated for weeks, so I figured they’d be celebrating the birth of our Lord Christ with me on December 25. Instead they went out! Were they having Christmas at a relative’s house, or did they just, like, go to the movies because it was just another day for them?”

The tree has been attempting to discern the household’s religious disposition from its surroundings, but has been severely hampered by its mobility.

“I think that’s an icon of Mary on the mantelpiece, but it could just be a weird family photo. And I don’t see a single Julian or Gregorian calendar in here. This sucks. Stupid Great Schism of 1054,” the tree muttered.

“You’d think it would be obvious based on the present situation, right?” the tree said. “Well guess what, chump; the Millers decided to not exchange gifts this year. And they’ve actually stuck with that! Stupid non-materialistic bastards.”

While the tree has been hearing music and movies from other rooms, it’s been unable to determine if the media was Christmas-oriented. It assumes the truth will be revealed when the Miller family returns home in the evening, but the stress of its uncertain fate has caused it to lose a significant number of needles.

“There had damn well better be some yuletide joy tonight,” the tree said. “The Millers have barely been remembering to water me. Can you imagine if they turn out to be a bunch of punk-ass agnostics who leave me standing here for another month? I’ve got compost to turn into!”

At press time, the tree was asking the ficus if it could see any traditional Christmas perogies and borscht in the kitchen.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Local man pulls fire alarm to avoid friends discovering he doesn’t like Succession
VICTORIA, BC – During a recent lunch at Burke’s Cafe, local paralegal Marc Antwern felt he had no choice but to pull a fire alarm to avoid his friends discovering that he does not like HBO’s acclaimed prestige satirical comedy series Succession.
“We were all catching up about what we’d been doing during lockdown,” exclaimed Antwern, moments after fleeing into the street with his fellow restaurant patrons. “But as soon as Ashley asked ‘so, what’s everyone been watching’, I knew it was only a matter of time before my secret was revealed. The season finale was over a month ago! I thought I was in the clear!”

“Frankly, I should even be speaking this openly about it,” Antwern added before throwing his jacket over his head and dashing down a nearby alley.
The normally-avid TV fan insists that he enjoys most of the same watercooler shows as the rest of his social circle. “Mare of Easttown, Yellowjackets, White Lotus – I watch all of the TV shows NPR tells me I should.”
Antwern elaborated on why he doesn’t enjoy HBO’s uniquely biting dramedic critical darling, “Is it a crime to think that a show about a hateful dysfunctional family is a bit one note… wait, you’re not quoting me on this, are you?”
Back at the restaurant, Antwern’s friends remain puzzled at his hasty exit. “I mean, we were all talking about how Succession is the best show on television at the moment and how no other series really seems worth comparing to it, when that fire alarm mysteriously got pulled just as Marc was about to add his own praise,” recounted Ahmed Khan, friend of Marc’s and noted Succession enthusiast.
“But now that I think about it, Marc didn’t have anything to add when we were discussing our favourite times Roman used the word “fuckface”… you don’t suppose that means he…” Khan trailed off before growing visibly concerned for his friend.
Tim Brookson, another friend and fan of HBO’s explosively challenging savage deconstruction of the lives of the wealthy added, “Maybe Marc doesn’t like Succession because he has COVID – isn’t one of the symptoms a loss of taste?
Brookson added, “Or maybe he’s just depressed, like Kendall!”
Meanwhile, Jesse Walton, a firefighter who responded to the fire alarm, had this to say, “We’ve not seen this many false alarms since the Game of Thrones heyday. But next time, please fake a heart attack and waste the paramedics’ time.”
Reached for further comment, Antwern responded, “Please stop hounding me! I never said that Succession is ‘overrated’ and ‘just Dynasty with swears’! Leave me in peace!”
In a related story Gina Caruthers, 32, has reportedly called in a bomb threat to her friend’s cocktail party before anyone discovers that she described the Netflix shows of Mike Flanagan as “kinda dull”.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Christmas tree still in house unsure if family Orthodox or just lazy

SASKATOON – A Christmas tree still on display in the Miller household’s living room is uncertain if the family that purchased it is planning to celebrate Orthodox Christmas, or if they’ve just been too lazy to throw it out onto the curb for collection.

“This is driving me crazy,” the tree said. “I’ve been decorated for weeks, so I figured they’d be celebrating the birth of our Lord Christ with me on December 25. Instead they went out! Were they having Christmas at a relative’s house, or did they just, like, go to the movies because it was just another day for them?”

The tree has been attempting to discern the household’s religious disposition from its surroundings, but has been severely hampered by its mobility.

“I think that’s an icon of Mary on the mantelpiece, but it could just be a weird family photo. And I don’t see a single Julian or Gregorian calendar in here. This sucks. Stupid Great Schism of 1054,” the tree muttered.

“You’d think it would be obvious based on the present situation, right?” the tree said. “Well guess what, chump; the Millers decided to not exchange gifts this year. And they’ve actually stuck with that! Stupid non-materialistic bastards.”

While the tree has been hearing music and movies from other rooms, it’s been unable to determine if the media was Christmas-oriented. It assumes the truth will be revealed when the Miller family returns home in the evening, but the stress of its uncertain fate has caused it to lose a significant number of needles.

“There had damn well better be some yuletide joy tonight,” the tree said. “The Millers have barely been remembering to water me. Can you imagine if they turn out to be a bunch of punk-ass agnostics who leave me standing here for another month? I’ve got compost to turn into!”

At press time, the tree was asking the ficus if it could see any traditional Christmas perogies and borscht in the kitchen.
My Christmas tree has been up since 2020 Christmas. I’m to lazy to take it down honestly.

VVV62

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
26-11-2020
Reactions: dankboi