+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Hokage

Feb 27, 2020
Category........
FSW
Lol. At this point, they are saying anything to justify keeping people that are already in Canada.
Lmao I'm dying at the fact that he actually shared it on his Twitter when most of his followers are probably furious outlanders

D

Deleted member 1050918

Lmao I'm dying at the fact that he actually shared it on his Twitter when most of his followers are probably furious outlanders
Look under the tweet to verify this. Pathetic lol.

Haku13

Star Member
Aug 8, 2021
Hi everyone! New to this forum but following posts for a while. Maybe this paragraph is promising these days?

Marian Campbell Jarvis, an assistant deputy minister of immigration, told a parliamentary committee in May that the government expected border restrictions would soon ease, allowing the country to admit permanent residents from abroad. But the pandemic’s grip tightened. So Canada had to get “creative,” Jarvis said.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Lol makes me wonder that they might not even want to finalize Outland, because the way they have treated Outland applicants, those applicants might hold a grudge and vote against them once after becoming citizens lol.

• Haha
Reactions: aikodad

jester10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2020
Is pandemic in the way of accepting tourists? The minister is not very good at lying. Not gonna lie, a little discouraging that he shared that news. Not sure if he's signaling the current trend will continue. We'll see.

By the way, let's talk about inland FSWs shall we? Those people are "already there", why not process their files? My bad, almost forgot that IRCC and the minister are big time liars.
Sorry for quoting you again and again but you are right.

If they start allowing FSW inland applicants to be processed, then FSW outlands will just get a tourist visa or a study visa at the cheapest college and pay only a single semester fee (yes you can pay 1 sem fee and the rest after). This way they will become inland FSWs and finish their remaning courses on domestic fees which is only a fraction or even less than the international fees.

The moment you realize that Covid/travel-restrictions has got nothing to do with "Immigrants coming from outside" and everything is profit driven then their lies will start making sense.

Reactions: armitabbsn

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
Lol makes me wonder that they might not even want to finalize Outland, because the way they have treated Outland applicants, those applicants might hold a grudge and vote against them once after becoming citizens lol.
They would already be since out of office by the time most of these prospective immigrants become eligible to vote

Reactions: Tristan-XI
D

Deleted member 1050918

Sorry for quoting you again and again but you are right.

If they start allowing FSW inland applicants to be processed, then FSW outlands will just get a tourist visa or a study visa at the cheapest college and pay only a single semester fee (yes you can pay 1 sem fee and the rest after). This way they will become inland FSWs and finish their remaning courses on domestic fees which is only a fraction or even less than the international fees.

The moment you realize that Covid/travel-restrictions has got nothing to do with "Immigrants coming from outside" and everything is profit driven then their lies will start making sense.
Majority of FSWs are not suddenly becoming international students though. It is a lose-lose situation for Canada right now. If they process FSW inlands;

- They'll get liquid cash of at least 13000 CAD from each FSW inland applicant -> good cash
- FSW outlands, who normally would (did) remain in their home countries, will spend money in Canada by doing what you said: study visa or hotel -> really good cash
- Once those FSW outlands become FSW inlands, they also contribute their POF of at least 13000 CAD in cash -> good cash

Marco lost all of these lol.

Of course, these on top of the fact that the immigration system wouldn't have been obliterated by his incompetence. Thousands of old immigrants who will retire in about 10 years wouldn't have been invited. Now Canada has a lot of additional tax to pay for those older candidates quite soon.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
They would already be since out of office by the time most of these prospective immigrants become eligible to vote
5 years isn’t that long though, especially for lifelong politicians. Though it would still be a baseless argument. Republicans use that argument in the US, saying Dems are importing votes, but immigration is only important while immigrants are in process. Their priorities change after. Most first gen Latinos I know from Texas are conservatives, mostly due to religion. It’s usually second/third generation that become liberal.

Reactions: Jaycejay

jester10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2020
Majority of FSWs are not suddenly becoming international students though. It is a lose-lose situation for Canada right now. If they process FSW inlands;

- They'll get liquid cash of at least 13000 CAD from each FSW inland applicant -> good cash
- FSW outlands, who normally would (did) remain in their home countries, will spend money in Canada by doing what you said: study visa or hotel -> really good cash
- Once those FSW outlands become FSW inlands, they also contribute their POF of at least 13000 CAD in cash -> good cash

Marco lost all of these lol.
- Please correct me if I am wrong, but I did not understand the thing about liquid cash. Aren't FSW-O supposed to keep liquid cash but within accounts of their own countries? I mean Canada never really gets this liquid cash, it is for the candidate himself. These candidates (Sorry I'm only aware of tech workers) end up doing a soft-landing and returning to home country until they find a suitable job and make the move.
So no, Canada does not get the liquid funds of FSW outland applicants.

- The liquid funds which they do get are from international students fees and the GIC. GIC ($10k) mandatory deposits in a "Canadian bank" on top of students fees is what is outlanders bringing in liquid cash.

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
Yep, easy. A friend applied shortly before the lockdown last year and he got it in 5days. They gave him 10years visa as well and he is a Nigerian that landed as PR in December of 2019.
Indians usually wait for 6 months to year after landing in Canada with PR before applying for any US Visa. We get rejected if we apply just after landing. You need to have at least a Job so it will tie you down to Canada. That's what I have read in this forum. That's the situation with Indians.

D

Deleted member 1050918

- Please correct me if I am wrong, but I did not understand the thing about liquid cash. Aren't FSW-O supposed to keep liquid cash but within accounts of their own countries? I mean Canada never really gets this liquid cash, it is for the candidate himself. These candidates (Sorry I'm only aware of tech workers) end up doing a soft-landing and returning to home country until they find a suitable job and make the move.
So no, Canada does not get the liquid funds of FSW outland applicants.

- The liquid funds which they do get are from international students fees and the GIC. GIC ($10k) mandatory deposits in a "Canadian bank" on top of students fees is what is outlanders bringing in liquid cash.
I don't know about soft-landing people but many people have to immediately spend their POF for housing and other urgent needs. You can see that that's a lot of cash spent in a matter of weeks. I'd say it's good money, it's the point of POF after all. Also, as I mentioned before, most study fees are paid with resources that are already in Canada (think NSERC and others). Anyway, I don't think FSW needs to be debated because wasn't it IRCC that designed it this way and benefited from it for a decade now? Just because Marco has to lie to cover up his incompetence, doesn't mean FSW is not profitable. No country would keep an immigration system that's not profitable for that long. People won't care to get study visas just for PR if they retire FSW; there are much better options if one is to take the study route.

You know, this position we're all put in is just unacceptable. I have ties to Canada so I can't quite completely shut off the immigration thing but if I didn't then I'd just close it all and not look at it till I get the ITA in my email. I've heard enough lies, I'm about done at this point.

Reactions: he5ham

jester10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2020
I don't know about soft-landing people but many people have to immediately spend their POF for housing and other urgent needs. You can see that that's a lot of cash spent in a matter of weeks. I'd say it's good money, it's the point of POF after all. Also, as I mentioned before, most study fees are paid with resources that are already in Canada (think NSERC and others). Anyway, I don't think FSW needs to be debated because wasn't it IRCC that designed it this way and benefited from it for a decade now? Just because Marco has to lie to cover up his incompetence, doesn't mean FSW is not profitable. No country would keep an immigration system that's not profitable for that long. People won't care to get study visas just for PR if they retire FSW; there are much better options if one is to take the study route.
- It could be that you are right, but in my experience, almost all of the FSW-O start off with very humble beginnings in a basement and try to save as much money as they can. It is not until they have a Canadian source of income, that they move out and start spending money.
So I don't think that Canada benefits in any way from the POF requirements, rather they are there for the candidate to use as per his discretion.

- Now the money that international students bring is a fixed deposit inside a Canadian bank which directly boosts the economy. Students are also limited to work only part-time jobs so they do not have a Canadian source of income and have to use money from outside. Also, I have never personally met any (Indian) student who used NSERC or other sources to pay their fees. All of them pay from their pockets.
If getting fees from outside sources is that easy, then I wouldn't crib about FSW being stopped. I will just go study with "free money" and apply under CEC.

D

Deleted member 1050918

- It could be that you are right, but in my experience, almost all of the FSW-O start off with very humble beginnings in a basement and try to save as much money as they can. It is not until they have a Canadian source of income, that they move out and start spending money.
So I don't think that Canada benefits in any way from the POF requirements, rather they are there for the candidate to use as per his discretion.

- Now the money that international students bring is a fixed deposit inside a Canadian bank which directly boosts the economy. Students are also limited to work only part-time jobs so they do not have a Canadian source of income and have to use money from outside. Also, I have never personally met any (Indian) student who used NSERC or other sources to pay their fees. All of them pay from their pockets.
If getting fees from outside sources is that easy, then I wouldn't crib about FSW being stopped. I will just go study with "free money" and apply under CEC.
I didn't have to put any money in any Canadian bank to get my study permit; all my money was in my bank in my country. In fact, I hadn't had a Canadian bank account until I landed. Most of the assistantship money you get paid by your supervisor comes from NSERC or other Canadian sources.

...ah, I just figured the case you're talking about. Well... truth be told, coming to Canada by paying for a school with your own money without getting an assistantship is a dead investment. Much better options for that in several other countries. CEC is good if you got admitted to a program by a prof in that school, otherwise it's dead investment while there's FSW.

Assistantship + 20hr/week job is usually enough. Never heard of anyone needing more money. I don't know what we're discussing here but if you're stressed about FSW being retired, then don't, it's not going anywhere. Nobody will pay 100k CAD to be unemployed in a far-away country like Canada while there are far better education options in Europe. Look at my old posts, Germany beats Canada in study pathways. UK comes close.

Last edited by a moderator:

muspal

Jun 1, 2019
I don't really care that Canada is going to hurt badly in long term by accepting a bunch of oldies/low-skilled immigrants. I don't care where they import their immigrants from or if they stop doing it altogether. What infuriates me really is all the lies told by the government and IRCC that prompted people to leave jobs, sell houses make compromises on opportunities in the hope of having a future in Canada.
Kind of like being in a committed relationship with someone you're going to marry and all of a sudden you start hearing lame excuses and eventually stop seeing and hearing from them.
It's a matter of principle regardless of what challenges are faced by them. When will they realize they are ruining lives because of petty politics over immigration? When will they stop lying and giving people false hope?
Bashing the government for "not thinking of them or their feelings", saying that the authorities owe you anything, that's simply very entitled and naive thinking. No one asked anyone to sell their house before having an approved application. No one asked anyone to make any compromise on any opportunities. The smart thing to do was always to just apply and carry on with your life as usual.
I'm frustrated too, I'm also waiting for them to resume processing my application. If people are so sick and tired of them, why don't they cancel their applications and move somewhere else? They don't because there are no other options. Like it or not, Canada's system is still the fastest and fairest system. People need to be respectful, calling authorities names and generally being disrespectful is in poor taste and childish. Raise your voices respectfully, demand answers because we do deserve them, we paid for a service and it's our right to be updated on the progress or way forward, but please do it respectfully.