+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

KojiGold

Star Member
Aug 5, 2021
I remember that guy who posted the video, I think it was an indian guy's channel
Exactly, I also used to disagree with him in the beginning and keep lying to myself that this is a good sign, that is a good sign, nobody knows except IRCC, blah blah...But here we are and I gave up till 2022.

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
Exactly, I also used to disagree with him in the beginning and keep lying to myself that this is a good sign, that is a good sign, nobody knows except IRCC, blah blah...But here we are and I gave up till 2022.
I thought it was logical, the only confusion I had in that video was whether ircc puts cap on ita/landings.

Reactions: KojiGold

KojiGold

Star Member
Aug 5, 2021
I thought it was logical, the only confusion I had in that video was whether ircc puts cap on ita/landings.
I honestly do not understand why we relate the ITA and landing. They mention number of ITAs, and they do not much care whether that guy who received an ITA would finally make it to Canada or not. Their job is to send invitations, it is the applicant's job to ensure landing. It is the same for Green Card Lottery, their capacity is to send 55,000 invitations a year to apply for a Green Card visa, but some applicants might not make it to the US. A friend of mine won lottery back in 2018 and could not make it to the US due to his lack of funds to show to the embassy.

Even when you check this CIC news stuff, it simply talks about the record-breaking number of people which Canada "invited" only. It does not give much info on what happens after that invitation, whether they finally make it to Canada or not. But again, I guess neither of these analyzes and speculations matters to us at this point anymore. Those in the pool want their ITA, and those who are invited want their COPR. That's all that matters.

D

Deleted member 1050918

They mention number of ITAs, and they do not much care whether that guy who received an ITA would finally make it to Canada or not. Their job is to send invitations, it is the applicant's job to ensure landing.
This is entirely wrong and just the opposite of reality. IRCC counts landed immigrants, not the issued ITAs.

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
Any thoughts on the 3 years it could take to clear up the 2020 backlog, according to Jenny Kwan (incumbent shadow minister for the immigration department) for the New Democratic Party ?

D

Deleted member 1050918

Any thoughts on the 3 years it could take to clear up the 2020 backlog, according to Jenny Kwan (incumbent shadow minister for the immigration department) for the New Democratic Party ?
A bit overestimated but not impossible. I shared a quick guess assuming 100 PPRs / day or something around that, which estimated 2 years to clear up the current backlog. MEP/BIL takes 5 months (literally half a year) now lol 1.5 - 2 years to clear all the backlog isn't that off right now.

And there was that leaked (?) IRCC document that showed the avg processing in 2021 so far was 21 months for FSW and 16 months for PNP. So it's already there.

TL;DR we ain't going to Canada anytime soon bois

Last edited by a moderator:

KojiGold

Star Member
Aug 5, 2021
This is entirely wrong and just the opposite of reality. IRCC counts landed immigrants, not the issued ITAs.
So why do they announce quotas for ITA and not mention landed immigrants? And also, why did they stop issuing ITAs as soon as the 2021 quota was fulfilled? I mean that 110K something. Again we are just speculating for ourselves and not based on any info provided by them, but if we consider backlog as the reason, how come they have just realized about this backlog at the same time when their 2021 ITA quota exceeded? This backlog thing is absolutely nothing new as far as I understood

D

Deleted member 1050918

Reactions: KojiGold

KojiGold

Star Member
Aug 5, 2021
Quotas (actually targets, you'll see there's a lower and upper target) are for landed immigrants mate, not ITAs issued.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/supplementary-immigration-levels-2021-2023.html

It says "Canada aims to welcome 401,000 new permanent residents in 2021, 411,000 in 2022, and 421,000 in 2023. "

So it's talking about landing.
Yeah you're correct. These figures are about people they intend to land - add to the population. But what do you think about that 110K ITA number (that goes to CEC/FSW/FSTP applicants) which was talked about among all these YouTubers? I also don't see any logic of stopping the issuance of ITAs to people who God knows when would step their foot inside Canada, but when I see they stopped it once reaching that ITA quota number, I am confused.

Anyway, I guess we are all sure that no more draws except PNP for this year. So around 2 months left for me to make my final decision on whether to continue waiting for Canada or simply move on.

By the way, have they ever had a record of totally stopping the draws (except PNP) before? or is it the first time?

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
I doubt it. The reason for the pause on draws is probably backlog because IRCC never stops draws regardless of the ITAs sent (gotta invite people for next year's quota as you said). Also, next draw is in two weeks which is the last week of Nov and I doubt there'll be a CEC draw in that week. So no CEC draws in Nov either.

MEP/BIL queue is up to 5 months. They gotta clear the queue before they can invite. I'm sure Nov+Dec 2021 will be enough and all program draws will be back in Jan.
November is almost over and they haven't done a good job with regards to the backlogs. Working days in December is a little too short for something magical to happen with regards to the backlogs but hey, maybe that's just me being cautious with expectations. They might have some sort of plans - to tackle the backlogs - that we aren't seeing yet.

But I agree with @Jaycejay , there's no point piling things up.

D

Deleted member 1050918

November is almost over and they haven't done a good job with regards to the backlogs. Working days in December is a little too short for something magical to happen with regards to the backlogs but hey, maybe that's just me being cautious with expectations. They might have some sort of plans - to tackle the backlogs - that we aren't seeing yet.

I'd really doubt IRCC had a plan lol; they never do. You're right, Dec is holidays so the backlog will grow. People with all stages passed or all passed except security will surely land in the first half of 2022. Those with just eligibility passed with MEP might land in the second half. Others will probably only land in 2023.

Reactions: Timbuktu_14

SuCan17

Oct 27, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......

Didn’t they process CEC apps this year at lightening speed? Can’t they do the same for the backlog?