+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Apologies, I did not mean to sound condescending... Just wanted to point out that its possible and desireable to not disclose your immigration status.
No worries, your comments were reasonable, and correct. Was just trying to provide some overall context for those in the thread who might not be well versed in how some things work here, regardless of their experiences elsewhere.

Ar12345

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
First thing you do when you hit Canada is to apply for a Canadian ID. Like a BCID in my case. That way you never have to produce your passport anywhere. Actually giving out your passport copy to anyone is somewhat dangerous. May be a bank is fine but beyond that it is not good.

Oh BTW, AFAIK, you should NEVER give your SIN to anyone. Actually its criminally immoral to ask for SIN.

SIN can be misused to take a line of credit in your name. It will drag you in a nightmare of fighting debt cases.
SSN/SIN is there to look at your credit history though. It’ll be very hard to sign any payment contract without that. Likely they’ll ask for everything from phone and utility payments to credit cards, loans and leases. Even for some Employment background checks. Businesses can be sued and shut down for misusing that. Nobody should give it to private individuals

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
SSN/SIN is there to look at your credit history though. It’ll be very hard to sign any payment contract without that. Likely they’ll ask for everything from phone and utility payments to credit cards, loans and leases
Those are companies / large business organizations. They have processes in place to keep your SIN safe. I am talking about landlords and two men and a goat property management firms. They do not need to have your SIN...

BTW, I do not remember giving my SIN to phone service provider. I have a pre-paid connection though.

BC Hydro did not as well, AFAIR.

Ar12345

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
Those are companies / large business organizations. They have processes in place to keep your SIN safe. I am talking about landlords and two men and a goat property management firms. They do not need to have your SIN...

BTW, I do not remember giving my SIN to phone service provider. I have a pre-paid connection though.

BC Hydro did not as well, AFAIR.
Yea of course. Gotta only give it to actual businesses that have a reputation. Never to any private individual.

A rental/realty company with several properties asks for an SIN to rent an apartment in one of their complexes? Sure.

A shady old guy who’s renting his shitty basement for the price of his entire monthly mortgage payment because he’s broke and behind on child support payments? RUN lol. (Unless you want a leaky toilet, mold everywhere, bedbugs, and a court notice asking money for that shit as you have your identity stolen)

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Yea of course. Gotta only give it to actual businesses that have a reputation. Never to any private individual.

A rental/realty company with several properties asks for an SIN to rent an apartment in one of their complexes? Sure.

A shady old guy who’s renting his shitty basement for the price of his entire monthly mortgage payment because he’s broke and behind on child support payments? RUN lol. (Unless you want a leaky toilet, mold everywhere, bedbugs, and a court notice asking money for that shit as you have your identity stolen)
I personally avoid giving my SIN to anyone. Thankfully none of my landlords asked me for one. The most I was asked by my first landlord was a letter from my employer that I am a bonafide employee of their company and what is my pay.

But then my landlord was an immigrant himself and he was a bit understanding. He DID ensured all the paperwork was in place. I also sent across prospective tennant from my workplace to him when I left his place. We still keep in touch.

Reactions: Ar12345

zd.an

Nov 4, 2021
Is there any physician who apply for FSW or maybe who already got COPR? I want to know for how long physicians wait for that, due to corona virus and lack of medical professionals. Thanks

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Is there any physician who apply for FSW or maybe who already got COPR? I want to know for how long physicians wait for that, due to corona virus and lack of medical professionals. Thanks
There was a RN but they applied inland and CEC.

Reactions: zd.an

Ar12345

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
Early in the pandemic last year they were processing a lot of FSW medical professionals super fast (within 4 months even). But It stalled even for them as soon as they stopped the FSW draws as far as I know

Reactions: zd.an

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Landlords ask for your SIN because it's the easiest and most efficient way to do a credit check on you.

If it's an established property management firm it shouldn't be an issue. But avoid giving it anyone or company which seems untrustworthy.

Reactions: EscoBlades

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Landlords ask for your SIN because it's the easiest and most efficient way to do a credit check on you.

If it's an established property management firm it shouldn't be an issue. But avoid giving it anyone or company which seems untrustworthy.
I will say, avoid giving it to anyone who is not regulated and bound to keep it safe. Banks are regulated. AFAIK telcos are too. Real estate or property management companies, I do not know. Private individuals, certainly not.