23/12/2020: ITA received
19/1/2021: AOR
8/2/2021: Police Certificate Request Letter
9/2/2021: Biometric Request Letter
8/10/2021: CoPR documents submission
21/10/2021: CoPR approved

Hope it helps
CEC / FSW ?

Good news to those applicants from visa exempt places, but the applicants are looking forward to see timelines of applicants receiving COPR /PPR from non visa exempt countries. cause IRCC has been issuing copr to exempt places for long time especially the US.

Hiatusssss

Jan 3, 2021
CEC / FSW ?

Good news to those applicants from visa exempt places, but the applicants are looking forward to see timelines of applicants receiving COPR /PPR from non visa exempt countries. cause IRCC has been issuing copr to exempt places for long time especially the US.
FSW.

I actually expected a much longer processing time during the pandemic. But as it turned out, it was ok for me. I hope IRCC can speed up their work pace.

Shadow09

Jul 16, 2021
So then is this news article wrong?

https://www.firstpost.com/world/australia-wont-welcome-international-tourists-till-2022-priority-given-to-students-and-migrants-10026411.html

The prime minister himself is saying that they plan to prioritise the return of students and skilled immigrants. Also, I can see that Australia has conducted draws in 2021 so the program is still open:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/skillselect/invitation-rounds

It's only going to ramp up next year. I would suggest everyone to look towards Australia. It is the hottest immigration destination. Forget about Canada. We are barely a third world country.
No we will not forget about Canada. :)

• Haha
Reactions: dankboi

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Well, I'm also applying for Data Science masters programs, but the problem is that I'm not from a CompSci background, and Canada does not like non CS backgrounds for this. So I'm unlikely to get in. We'll see how things work out.
Don't give up. I read on a discord group a while ago UBC has a great Data Analytics program that is geared towards non-CS background tech people? Perhaps you want to check that out.
University of Victoria also has MTIS (Master of Engineering in Telecommunications & Information Security) program that accepts non-CS applicants. I hear it's great and uVic is a great school as well.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
FSW.

I actually expected a much longer processing time during the pandemic. But as it turned out, it was ok for me. I hope IRCC can speed up their work pace.
Thanks for sharing. But why does IRCC request police certificate post AOR? I thought you would have submitted PCC at AOR? Thanks.

Ar12345

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
So then is this news article wrong?

https://www.firstpost.com/world/australia-wont-welcome-international-tourists-till-2022-priority-given-to-students-and-migrants-10026411.html

The prime minister himself is saying that they plan to prioritise the return of students and skilled immigrants. Also, I can see that Australia has conducted draws in 2021 so the program is still open:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/skillselect/invitation-rounds

It's only going to ramp up next year. I would suggest everyone to look towards Australia. It is the hottest immigration destination. Forget about Canada. We are barely a third world country.
I’ve tried not to respond but Seriously? My dude- everyone has their own personal reasons for the decisions they make. This is a Canadian immigration forum ffs- which means that people have already made their choices for whatever reason. No offence but Australia isn’t for everyone just like Canada isn’t for everyone. I can give you like a dozen reasons why it’s not for me. Starting with the fact that I don’t like the heat and the 1000s of unique crawly things out there that’ll kill me. And the fact that I don’t want to move to the other side of the world leaving most of my North American friends and family behind.

Everyone needs to do their own research into what they want to do with their life. When people are in a Canadian immigration forum with a FSW application/express entry profile, one can assume that research has resulted in a decision. I understand that you’re not happy with your decisions but there’s literally no need to spread negativity here. This whole FSW delay shitshow is enough negativity in itself. Let’s stick to memes, support and useful info imo lol

Reactions: Psyoptica