+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW work experience points calculation

waqqbfh

Jan 27, 2020
Hello all,

I had a 8 month long, part-time, paid internship (same NOC as my primary NOC) while I was doing my Master degree in the US. Can I use this to claim points in my EE application?

I'm sitting at 456 CRS right now with ~2.5 years of work experiences. If I could count this internship experience as part of my work experience then my CRS could be boosted to 481 in the next two months.

I'm not sure if this is a risky move at all (and certain do not want to be denied after ITA because of this).

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
Hello all,

I had a 8 month long, part-time, paid internship (same NOC as my primary NOC) while I was doing my Master degree in the US. Can I use this to claim points in my EE application?

I'm sitting at 456 CRS right now with ~2.5 years of work experiences. If I could count this internship experience as part of my work experience then my CRS could be boosted to 481 in the next two months.

I'm not sure if this is a risky move at all (and certain do not want to be denied after ITA because of this).

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
I understand points and time would be calculated reducing your worked time to half due to it being part time.

waqqbfh

Jan 27, 2020
I understand points and time would be calculated reducing your worked time to half due to it being part time.
Yes I understand it would only count as 4 months due to it being part time. I was just checking if I could even use that as part of my work experience.