+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW vs CEC in ITA :How to get qualified for CEC only ?

smmatiul

Feb 25, 2016
Hello,
I got an ITA for FSW recently.I am qualified under FSW and CEC both in my Express entry profile.I wish to get an ITA next for CEC only.Hence I declined this ITA.

Having showed my funds as $ 0 and having the job offer option set to no, I am still showing as eligible under FSW.I learned this from this forum that the above two changes would make me uneligible for FSW.

Can someone please help ?

concorde

Star Member
Jun 16, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-08-2016
smmatiul said:
Like I said,I had entered it as 00 in the funds field but its the same.
Wait. It takes apprx 3 days to change

ceedly

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-15
AOR Received.
27-09-2015
Passport Req..
26-02-16
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-16
LANDED..........
16-03-16
The same thing happened me but it didn't matter, I just continued as FSW instead. Once you are working here in Canada in a permanent job and can prove regular income, you don't need the proof of lots of savings for FSW category.

smmatiul

Feb 25, 2016
concorde said:
Wait. It takes apprx 3 days to change
Thanks for the info concorde.So even though it shows on my updated express entry profile as FSW criteria 'met',......it will update in a few days ?

smmatiul

Feb 25, 2016
ceedly said:
The same thing happened me but it didn't matter, I just continued as FSW instead. Once you are working here in Canada in a permanent job and can prove regular income, you don't need the proof of lots of savings for FSW category.
Ceedly I think I agree.The following are the reasons i rejected the first ITA and wanted CEC :

1) Am told FSW take relatively longer.
2) The documentation such as proof of funds is more tedious compared to CEC.

I have no problem showing the required funds based on my family size. What would be your advise and experience ?

zagahr

Feb 11, 2016
smmatiul said:
Hello,
I got an ITA for FSW recently.I am qualified under FSW and CEC both in my Express entry profile.I wish to get an ITA next for CEC only.Hence I declined this ITA.

Having showed my funds as $ 0 and having the job offer option set to no, I am still showing as eligible under FSW.I learned this from this forum that the above two changes would make me uneligible for FSW.

Can someone please help ?
Same happened to me. I put in $4000. Was qualified for FSW and CEC. I got an invitation for FSW. Less than one month later, I got an email from CIC stating that the ITA was issued in error because I didnt qualify based on funds. A week later I was given another ITA for CEC.

ceedly

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-15
AOR Received.
27-09-2015
Passport Req..
26-02-16
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-16
LANDED..........
16-03-16
smmatiul said:
Ceedly I think I agree.The following are the reasons i rejected the first ITA and wanted CEC :

1) Am told FSW take relatively longer.
2) The documentation such as proof of funds is more tedious compared to CEC.

I have no problem showing the required funds based on my family size. What would be your advise and experience ?
To be honest, when I got my ITA, I was so happy that I didn't even notice it wasn't CEC! It wasn't until recently that I re-read the original invitation and noticed the FSW category.

I applied for FSW on September 26 2015 and I have had a few updates this week that sound like PPR is on the way in the next few days.

The documentation was tedious but I believe the same is true for CEC. For FSW, we needed to provide letters from our employers showing a permanent employment status. We also needed signed letters listing our title, salaries, NOC codes and job responsibilities. Pay slips are optional.

Our banks provided letters showing our average account balances over 6 months to prove we were paid regularly.

There was nothing unexpected in regard to documentation and I believe that CEC requires just as much detail.

smmatiul

Feb 25, 2016
Thanks guys for your responses.I think I am going to wait till tommorow for the profile to update i.e the FSW criteria to become 'Not met'

Otherwise I will try to give CIC a ring to correct this.

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
Preet_S said:
Enter funds $00
Is this the trick?
I thought if you have Canadian education and over 2+ years experience then you will get CEC class.

smmatiul

Feb 25, 2016
Hello,

Quick update.After having shown lower funds,it took a day for the profile to update.I now show as eligible under CEC class only.

Thanks!