+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW to CEC

brian07

Jan 25, 2008
Hi,

I have already submitted my application for Federal Skilled Worker and I already got my Immigration File Number. On the online status, it says that "We started processing your application on June 6, 2008", so I'm under the new policy for FSW because I sumbitted my application after Feb 28, 2008 and I believe is still on hold until the instruction from the Minister.

Question:
1. With the introduction of Canadian Experience Class, (which I am qualified), can I pull out my application from FSW to apply for this new CEC?
2. Do you think the processing will be faster if I pull it out (assuming it's valid to pull out) and apply for CEC?
3. Do you know where can I find the forms to fill up for this CEC and are they already accepting applications for CEC?
4. I see that there is an English Language abilities requirement for this and I found out that I must meet the requirements for the Canadian Language Benchmark 7 because I belong to Skill Type A. Will they allow a letter/document to prove this eligibilities? Or do I need to take IELTS for this? And what score should I get in IELTS to meet the requirements for Canadian Language Benchmark 7?

Your response is highly appreciated. Thanks!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was looking at the regular application permanent resident form today at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/application-regular.asp and I saw they added a check box to apply for CEC.

brian07

Jan 25, 2008
Leon said:
I was looking at the regular application permanent resident form today at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/application-regular.asp and I saw they added a check box to apply for CEC.
I went to that link but I didn't see that check box??

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Click on Application for Permanent Residence in Canada and then you will see it. It's right at the top in the form itself where it has 4 check boxes for family class, refugees, economic and canadian experience.

jalbert

Jun 2, 2008
brian07 said:
Leon said:
I went to that link but I didn't see that check box??
It's all here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/cec.asp

ciju77

Sep 18, 2008
Hello Brian07,
I am also in the same boat. I have applied for under skilled worker category and also qulaify for CEC. In the frequently asked questions section on CIC website they have suggested to withdraw the application that is under process and re-apply under CEC (Copied below). My question is: Is it worth going through the hassle of re-applying? What is the timeframe for Newly inducted CEC program?

Frequently asked questions:
Canadian Experience ClassIf I have already submitted an application for permanent residence as a skilled worker (the traditional way to apply), can I still apply under this category?

Yes. If you qualify to apply for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class, you can apply regardless of your application as a skilled worker. However, you must submit a new application with new fees.

If we have not started processing your skilled worker application, you may withdraw it. You may be entitled to a refund.

New applicants for permanent residence are required to choose a category. In other words, you may not apply under two economic categories on the same application

jalbert

Jun 2, 2008
ciju77 said:
Hello Brian07,
I am also in the same boat. I have applied for under skilled worker category and also qulaify for CEC. In the frequently asked questions section on CIC website they have suggested to withdraw the application that is under process and re-apply under CEC (Copied below). My question is: Is it worth going through the hassle of re-applying? What is the timeframe for Newly inducted CEC program?

Frequently asked questions:
Canadian Experience ClassIf I have already submitted an application for permanent residence as a skilled worker (the traditional way to apply), can I still apply under this category?

Yes. If you qualify to apply for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class, you can apply regardless of your application as a skilled worker. However, you must submit a new application with new fees.

If we have not started processing your skilled worker application, you may withdraw it. You may be entitled to a refund.

New applicants for permanent residence are required to choose a category. In other words, you may not apply under two economic categories on the same application
Hi ciju77,

Can you tell me where you found this?