+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Province of Interest

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I'm applying for PR through FSW. I'm yet to decide which province/territory I'd like to settle in.

I however have to select an option in my PR application. Would a selection mean I have to land in that particular province?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Please any help with this?

I have to select a province and city in eAPR for FSW. Will I have to land in this particular province, or is it just for them to collect statistics?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnjkjk said:
Please any help with this?

I have to select a province and city in eAPR for FSW. Will I have to land in this particular province, or is it just for them to collect statistics?
no idea if its for paperwork only...- i think you should select whichever city suites you best... after you land there you are not obligated to stay in one city or province... you can move wherever you feel like (as long as you didnt get through via PNP)

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
thestunner316 said:
no idea if its for paperwork only...- i think you should select whichever city suites you best... after you land there you are not obligated to stay in one city or province... you can move wherever you feel like (as long as you didnt get through via PNP)
I know that I can move freely afterwards (PR through FSW), but would I have to initially land in the province mentioned in EE?

According to this thread , FSW PR can land in any province apart from Quebec, regardless of what's mentioned in one's application/COPR. Can someone confirm this?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnjkjk said:
I know that I can move freely afterwards (PR through FSW), but would I have to initially land in the province mentioned in EE?

According to this thread , FSW PR can land in any province apart from Quebec, regardless of what's mentioned in one's application/COPR. Can someone confirm this?
i agree with the hypothesis that you can land anywhere in canada... but you can probably post the question on this thread if you want 100% clarification

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ready-reference-steps-to-follow-and-documents-to-arrange-post-ita-t455826.0.html

good luck

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
johnjkjk said:
I'm applying for PR through FSW. I'm yet to decide which province/territory I'd like to settle in.

I however have to select an option in my PR application. Would a selection mean I have to land in that particular province?
Unless you received provincial nomination, you're not obligated to land in the province you selected. As federal skilled worker candidate you can land at any province except QC. Make sure you don't select QC as fsw program does not include this province.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
pfse said:
Unless you received provincial nomination, you're not obligated to land in the province you selected. As federal skilled worker candidate you can land at any province except QC. Make sure you don't select QC as fsw program does not include this province.
Thanks for confirming.