+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW -PR Under 'Fast Track'... All U need to Know !!!

psychnars

Aug 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MLA
NOC Code......
4151 (Psych)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Application Recvd Oct. 18, 2010: post june 2010
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
April 11, 2011 (kids' and mine); June 25, 2011-hubby's
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug. 04, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
August 24, 2011
LANDED..........
Saskatchewan; Nov. 3, 2011
step children under the age of 21

hi qorax, my friend , who is the principal applicant for SINP (saskatchewan nominee program) , doesn't want to include her step children in her application. Her husband is willing to declare that he has NO children from his first marriage. Do you think this action, excluding his children from the application, would have repercussions in the future? Btw, her step children are financially dependent on her husband.

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
qorax said:
FSW-PR under 'fast track' System: All u need to know
...You may just not need a "Consultant" at all !!!

Dear friends,

We see the same query being repeated time-n-again... [1] How to Apply? [2] Where to apply? [3] Do we get a Consultant or go DIY? Etc. Thus, I thought of posting some aspects of it as a separate thread, as we keep responding to others infrequently.

Under the present 'fast track' system, the PR processing of FSW is quite 'simple & straight'. We actually don't need an 'agent', unless something is bothering us, viz. Problem cases, Previous rejections, Lack of time etc. Even under that duress, we can still do it ourselves. Today, for processing our FSW cases all we need is the awesome CIC website [which has a detailed Guide] & Forums like these.

Note that most consultants would just be rendering 'courier & typing' services. And when we need real 'consultancy' we'll find them lacking & unaccessible. Secondly, they are prone to delaying our cases. Thirdly, we'll yet be running into these Forums for getting your queries answered. It doesn't mean all are bad, but most are. And for just that is spending our hard-earned greenbacks on them justified? I feel "No".

Here's how we can go about it...

How do we send the Application?
Initially we send the Apps (+Processing Fees+some Docs [only]) to the CIO-NS, wherever we are, whatever be our CHC. Thereafter, once we get the AOR+120 days letter, we send the complete docs (+Copies of One Set of the 'original' apps+the RPRF*) to the local Visa Office (CHC). And wait for further instructions. For more info see below...

Instruction Guide [IMM EG7000]
For details & complete procedure on the above plz refer to the CIC Instruction Guide here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp

Application Forms
The full set of application forms are given here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.PDF

FAQ Thread on this Forum
A very useful FAQ thread [on the subject] is available here [initiated by member 'maaties']:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/faq-t13225.0.html

The Process in a Nutshell
Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Eligibility Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >
Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Qualitative Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >
Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR** > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Timeframe for the 'entire' Process:
Let whatever the Consultants or their Adverts say. The total timeframe [from 1st application to case completion'] is 6-18 months. Avg. 12 months. Many get it within 8-10 months. This timeframe is not one CHC specific... it's for all CHCs. Unless there are 'red flags' in our case that delays the Background or Security Checks, most of us will 'compete' the process in 1yr.

*RPRF can be sent anytime during the process. However, it is good to send it early.
**Meds & PPR are sometimes clubbed together.

Notwithstanding the fact that there'd yet be ppl who'd find a Consultant quite handy. But overall, are we so naive today? Are we not 'internet-savvy? Can't we devote few days [taken Off from work] to read the guide & fill-out the forms? Aren't most of us asking questions here or answering? Then, where's the problem in avoiding a Consultant? Unless we are Ok with spending our $$$.

However, whether to go with a Consultant or DIY is surely a personal choice & that is debatable...
Qorax
very informative, thanks ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Re: step children under the age of 21

psychnars said:
hi qorax, my friend , who is the principal applicant for SINP (saskatchewan nominee program) , doesn't want to include her step children in her application. Her husband is willing to declare that he has NO children from his first marriage. Do you think this action, excluding his children from the application, would have repercussions in the future? Btw, her step children are financially dependent on her husband.
Repeat post... replied elsewhere.

psychnars

Aug 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MLA
NOC Code......
4151 (Psych)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Application Recvd Oct. 18, 2010: post june 2010
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
April 11, 2011 (kids' and mine); June 25, 2011-hubby's
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug. 04, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
August 24, 2011
LANDED..........
Saskatchewan; Nov. 3, 2011
Re: step children under the age of 21

thanks qorax

qorax said:
Repeat post... replied elsewhere.

MMSMandy

Aug 25, 2011
Dear Mr. Qorax,

I have applied for the PR under FSW. My application was received by CIC on the 22 June,2011. I received the email of PER from CIC on 24 August,2011.

After that I received a letter from the VO, New Delhi (India) in the 3rd week of September it was sent by post by the VO on 16 Sep, 2011. This letter mentioned taht the file is received by the VO and that I may be called for an interview for which I will be intimated 1 month in advance. Although they had not asked for my PCC, I sent them the PCC's on 28 Sept. 2011 by courier, which were received by them on 03 Oct, 2011.

After that four and a half months have elapsed but I have not received any communication from the VO and the e-cas is still showing as "Received by VISA Office".

What should I do? Should I write to the VO or should I wait? Please guide.

MMSMandy.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
MMSMandy said:
Dear Mr. Qorax,

I have applied for the PR under FSW. My application was received by CIC on the 22 June,2011. I received the email of PER from CIC on 24 August,2011.

After that I received a letter from the VO, New Delhi (India) in the 3rd week of September it was sent by post by the VO on 16 Sep, 2011. This letter mentioned taht the file is received by the VO and that I may be called for an interview for which I will be intimated 1 month in advance. Although they had not asked for my PCC, I sent them the PCC's on 28 Sept. 2011 by courier, which were received by them on 03 Oct, 2011.

After that four and a half months have elapsed but I have not received any communication from the VO and the e-cas is still showing as "Received by VISA Office".

What should I do? Should I write to the VO or should I wait? Please guide.

MMSMandy.
-There's no requirement to unnecessarily communicate with ur IO, u aren't delayed yet.
-U could expect something soon anyway, in a few weeks.

scb2012

Star Member
Nov 15, 2011
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Feb-10 (CIO)
AOR Received.
Nov-2010 (From Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-Nov-11 to NY
Med's Request
07-Mar-12
Med's Done....
16-Mar-12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Awaited
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully
LANDED..........
Hopefully Aug 12
Dear friends,

Does anyone have experience of consulate requesting extra docs. My FSW PR application is in NY Consulate. they requested for additional documents (university transcripts for my degree). I submitted them a month back. I have not heard anything back yet. Looking at forum posts, I am realizing NY consulate is very fast generally on cases.

But how about those cases for which additional documents have been requested?
Does it goes out of queue or something, when they request additional documents or something?

My time lines:
1) Jan 2010: Initial application sent to CIO
2) 03 Feb 2010: Received at CIO
2) 17 Mar 2010: March 2010 - CIO AOR
3) 26 Mar 2010: Application transferred to the Buffalo
3) 06 Jul 2010: Full docs recd at Buffalo with IELTS
4) 15 Nov 2010: Buffalo AOR
5) 01 Jul 2011: In Process
6) 03 Nov 2011: File transferred to NY

Thanks
Scb2012

roomi24

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 january 2011
AOR Received.
june 13 2011
Med's Request
26 feb 2013
Med's Done....
12 march 2013 expied on 12 marc 2014
Passport Req..
waiting
Let whatever the Consultants or their Adverts say. The total timeframe [from 1st application to case completion'] is 6-18 months. Avg. 12 months. Many get it within 8-10 months

hi qorex as i asked u in ur another thread
i applied for immegration as a skillworker in january 17 2001 n i received a letter from cic that my apli has sent to the visa off and after june im still waiting if tghe process time is between 8 to 10 months i already passed 13 months nut there is not any response from visa office after that latter????????

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
roomi24 said:
hi qorex as i asked u in ur another thread
i applied for immegration as a skillworker in january 17 2001 n i received a letter from cic that my apli has sent to the visa off and after june im still waiting if tghe process time is between 8 to 10 months i already passed 13 months nut there is not any response from visa office after that latter????????

Being a Jan-2011 applicant u could expect completion of ur case by mid-2012.
Which is ur VO?

scb2012

Star Member
Nov 15, 2011
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Feb-10 (CIO)
AOR Received.
Nov-2010 (From Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-Nov-11 to NY
Med's Request
07-Mar-12
Med's Done....
16-Mar-12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Awaited
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully
LANDED..........
Hopefully Aug 12
Hi qorax,

you have been helping lot of people with lot of valuable information. May be you have an idea, how long does consulate takes to come back if consulate requested some docs and applicants have sent already. I have been waiting for response for more than a month from NY consulate.

My FSW PR application is in NY Consulate. they requested for additional documents (university sealed transcripts for my degree). I submitted them a month back.

Time lines (In queue for more than 2 years now):

Thanks
Scb2012

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
scb2012 said:
Hi qorax,

you have been helping lot of people with lot of valuable information. May be you have an idea, how long does consulate takes to come back if consulate requested some docs and applicants have sent already. I have been waiting for response for more than a month from NY consulate.

My FSW PR application is in NY Consulate. they requested for additional documents (university sealed transcripts for my degree). I submitted them a month back.

Time lines (In queue for more than 2 years now):

Thanks
Scb2012
3-5 months.

Rup82

Jan 18, 2012
HI Qorax

I got PR visa for me and my family on 31 Jan 2012. Now I am planning to land in Canada in near future. But little confused. Please help-
1. In my initial application I had filled Vancouver as my preferred destination, but now I want to go to Toronto. Is it possible or should I go to Vancouver?
2. I am planning to go alone first( will call my family after the settlement). Should I take the POF with me ?

Regards
Rup82

anondo

Star Member
Dec 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-May,11
AOR Received.
18-July,11
File Transfer...
19-Aug,11
Why MI 3 applicants receiving MR and MI 2 applicants are still waiting? Can anyone answer? I applied from Bangladesh and Visa office is SG.

Thanks

cheeta37

May 11, 2009
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD → CHC LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2009
Doc's Request.
05-08-2009
AOR Received.
05-08-2009
File Transfer...
Islamabad 05-08-2009 → London 30-06-2010 → Rejected 01-06-2012
what comes first?

1 - background checks

or

2 - approval/rejection of job duties in experience letter by VO

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Rup82 said:
HI Qorax

I got PR visa for me and my family on 31 Jan 2012. Now I am planning to land in Canada in near future. But little confused. Please help-
1. In my initial application I had filled Vancouver as my preferred destination, but now I want to go to Toronto. Is it possible or should I go to Vancouver?
2. I am planning to go alone first( will call my family after the settlement). Should I take the POF with me ?

Regards
Rup82
1. It's explanation is there in my Master Thread & 'Qorax Indexed'. See below:
4. Can we Land Anywhere: - Which POE to choose for 'landing'? Can it be different...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t35499.0.html

2. Ditto. Pls see below:
10. Landing Funds, Proof: - My perspective on 'landing' POF...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t39318.0.html