+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW -PR Under 'Fast Track'... All U need to Know !!!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
FSW-PR under 'fast track' System: All u need to know
...You may just not need a "Consultant" at all !!!

Dear friends,

We see the same query being repeated time-n-again... [1] How to Apply? [2] Where to apply? [3] Do we get a Consultant or go DIY? Etc. Thus, I thought of posting some aspects of it as a separate thread, as we keep responding to others infrequently.

Under the present 'fast track' system, the PR processing of FSW is quite 'simple & straight'. We actually don't need an 'agent', unless something is bothering us, viz. Problem cases, Previous rejections, Lack of time etc. Even under that duress, we can still do it ourselves. Today, for processing our FSW cases all we need is the awesome CIC website [which has a detailed Guide] & Forums like these.

Note that most consultants would just be rendering 'courier & typing' services. And when we need real 'consultancy' we'll find them lacking & unaccessible. Secondly, they are prone to delaying our cases. Thirdly, we'll yet be running into these Forums for getting your queries answered. It doesn't mean all are bad, but most are. And for just that is spending our hard-earned greenbacks on them justified? I feel "No".

Here's how we can go about it...

How do we send the Application?
Initially we send the Apps (+Processing Fees+some Docs [only]) to the CIO-NS, wherever we are, whatever be our CHC. Thereafter, once we get the AOR+120 days letter, we send the complete docs (+Copies of One Set of the 'original' apps+the RPRF*) to the local Visa Office (CHC). And wait for further instructions. For more info see below...

Instruction Guide [IMM EG7000]
For details & complete procedure on the above plz refer to the CIC Instruction Guide here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp

Application Forms
The full set of application forms are given here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.PDF

FAQ Thread on this Forum
A very useful FAQ thread [on the subject] is available here [initiated by member 'maaties']:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/faq-t13225.0.html

The Process in a Nutshell
Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Eligibility Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >
Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Qualitative Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >
Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR** > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Timeframe for the 'entire' Process:
Let whatever the Consultants or their Adverts say. The total timeframe [from 1st application to case completion'] is 6-18 months. Avg. 12 months. Many get it within 8-10 months. This timeframe is not one CHC specific... it's for all CHCs. Unless there are 'red flags' in our case that delays the Background or Security Checks, most of us will 'compete' the process in 1yr.

*RPRF can be sent anytime during the process. However, it is good to send it early.
**Meds & PPR are sometimes clubbed together.

Notwithstanding the fact that there'd yet be ppl who'd find a Consultant quite handy. But overall, are we so naive today? Are we not 'internet-savvy? Can't we devote few days [taken Off from work] to read the guide & fill-out the forms? Aren't most of us asking questions here or answering? Then, where's the problem in avoiding a Consultant? Unless we are Ok with spending our $$$.

However, whether to go with a Consultant or DIY is surely a personal choice & that is debatable...
Qorax

ok1

Star Member
Oct 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC - London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
UDR (with 18 months letter) received on May 7, 2013 / Sent back to LVO on 12/5/13
Med's Request
Waiting..
Bravo Qorax!!! Thanks for sharing this concise / valuable piece of work

Cheers

dream_Can

Star Member
Oct 5, 2009
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2014
IELTS Request
Sent vd docs
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2016
EXCELLENT WORK DONE.....MADE SO SIMPLE TO UNDERSTAND

kris905

Jan 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-March-2010
AOR Received.
17-May-2010
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2013
Great Writeup Qorax, Just what i wanted.
One question. Recently lot of applicants to visa office has been receiving Meds+RPRF+PPR at once and not PPR separately like before. Is this a change in process or is it a random occurrence? Also does the requesting all at once speed up the whole process or is it the same time frame for all?
Thanks

eemmoo

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
working on document update
Doc's Request.
09-02-2010
Greeat work I am really fan of yours

Yahoo India

Feb 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2010
Doc's Request.
15-03-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
IELTS Request
03-2010
File Transfer...
15-03-2010
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
As soon as I get Visa
HI QORAX,

YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB BY EDUCATING EVERYONE ABOUT IMMIGRATION

I WISH YOU ALL HELP US AFTER LANDING IN CANADA WITH A NEW THREAD REGARDING HOUSING, JOB, BANK ACCOUNTS, AND ALL OTHER ASPECTS ONE NEEDS TO KNOW.

I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST.

THANKS

US2CN

Star Member
Mar 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
13-05-2010
AOR Received.
16-12-2010
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Request
09-12-2011
Med's Done....
26-12-2011 (Reached Ottawwa on 28-01-2012)
Passport Req..
28-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2012 (In-Person)
Qorax,
Great service to naive readers of this forum, like me.
One suggestion, can you please expand the abbreviations. For example: AOR - please write it as Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) the first time it appears in the post.
Frankly, after being here for 2 weeks, I know some of the abbreviations but I struggled initially.

Thanks for the good work and hope to see more quick notes on landing etc.

zubbair

Jan 28, 2010
pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Jan-2013
thanx Qorax u r always helpful with everyone.

Doglover

Champion Member
Dec 1, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
@qorax

Gr8 work, u r doing wonderful job buddy, thanks a lot.

Cheers and keep it up.

WHO

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Visa Office......
MLA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-09 to NS
Doc's Request.
20-01-10
Yep!! it is straight and simple, thanks to this forum, i ditched my consultant. :p

sharma77

Aug 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2009
AOR Received.
28-05-2009
File Transfer...
02-06-2009
Med's Done....
07-08-2009
Passport Req..
08-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2009
LANDED..........
yeh on 19 june,2010 canada is amazing
CONGRATS BUDDY FOR STARTING SUCH A DREAM THREAD!

quicksilver

Mar 11, 2010
Good work friend....

One thing that is missing: You should use the full form in place of acronyms so it will help the newbies like be to get the full picture....Can you modify your post with the full forms like for AOR you can write Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,