+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW PhD with TA/RA working experience jusr rejected

Jun zheng

May 15, 2014
hello, guys.
I applied for permant residence last Feb, but my application was rejected.
I applied for two years PhD studies under FSW using TA/RA working experience
Just wondering who got the permant residence using TA/RA working experience recently?

The following is the refusal letter from the immigration:

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national is a skilled worker if:

a) within ten years preceding the date of their application for a permanent resident visa, they have at least one year of continuous full-time employment (37.5 hours/week) experience, or the equivalent in continuous part-time employment in one or more occupations, other than a restricted occupation, that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;

b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; and

c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties.

I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements. Your period of work experience as a Teaching Assistant and as a Research Assistant (both NOC 4012) at the University do not meet the requirements of b) above as the letter of reference you submitted lists duties that do not match the actions of the lead statement under the NOC code you selected. Therefore, you failed to demonstrate that your periods of work experience met the requirements listed above.
Subsection 75
(3) states that if a foreign national fails to meet these requirements, the application shall be refused and no further assessment is required. I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

I talked to my school lawyer, she said:

this reason of details of your work experience letters "not matching the lead statement of the NOC code that you have selected" is being used frequently now and many are being rejected on this basis. I am not sure if it is there way of rejecting the TA/RA work experience, which in previous years may have been accepted. But now they are being very critical of this type of work experience ...

Just wondering who got the permant residence using TA/RA working experience recently?
I want to reapply, but not sure it is my reference letter problem or the immigration systematically rejected TA/RA working experience.

Please let me know. Thanks.

phd_pr

Jun 29, 2015
Rejection of PR under Ph.D stream

Hi,

I recently got rejected under the FSW program. The reasons stated were "although you had sufficient points of 67, no points were credited for experience. There was no evidence that you were paid for performed work. Declared work does not meet the definition of work under R73 (2). You have not satisfied me that you will become economically established in Canada."
I worked as a teaching assistant during my Ph.D program, and my pay stubs were attached to the application.
Has anyone had similar responses? And has anyone reapplied after receiving rejection and what was the outcome.

Thanks.