+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Outland - Let's connect here

hotshot007

Apr 6, 2015
Whatever the reason it seems things are moving extremely slow over the past 4-5 weeks with the last 2 weeks very few updates.

It took them almost 3 weeks to go through Aug 1-9 AOR and probably still a lot left in the system. At this speed they are building a backlog. Also based on what i've read here over the past few weeks/months here's a proposed theory on how possibly our applications are being processed (just guessing for outland FSW):

1). They initially review very quickly after submission along with medical pass. The review is only done for completeness and a quick review of the app data to see if any schedule is needed or additional doc e.t.c (This processing happens possibly at Sydney Novia Scotia by a case worker)

2). After stage 1 is passed they apps are probably forwarded to ottawa where they wait in a long queue. Based on August timelines they are probably sitting in this queue for around 3.5 months. After this time a visa officer takes a look. If he is ok with the docs and the data in the app he puts the application in background check for finalization. If he is not then a document request is sent. I would presume once document is provided these people would then go into background check.

There are two questions in my mind in stage 2. Does going to background check mean basic eligibility is passed? Considering it is almost 4 months I would atleast think they have passed the basic eligibility. Also is there any review by someone in between stage 1 and 2?

Anyhow just some thoughts and observations.

harry899

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/09
AOR Received.
07/11
File Transfer...
06/11
Med's Done....
10/11, BG: IP 05/04
Passport Req..
12/04
hotshot007 said:
Whatever the reason it seems things are moving extremely slow over the past 4-5 weeks with the last 2 weeks very few updates.

It took them almost 3 weeks to go through Aug 1-9 AOR and probably still a lot left in the system. At this speed they are building a backlog. Also based on what i've read here over the past few weeks/months here's a proposed theory on how possibly our applications are being processed (just guessing for outland FSW):

1). They initially review very quickly after submission along with medical pass. The review is only done for completeness and a quick review of the app data to see if any schedule is needed or additional doc e.t.c (This processing happens possibly at Sydney Novia Scotia by a case worker)

2). After stage 1 is passed they apps are probably forwarded to ottawa where they wait in a long queue. Based on August timelines they are probably sitting in this queue for around 3.5 months. After this time a visa officer takes a look. If he is ok with the docs and the data in the app he puts the application in background check for finalization. If he is not then a document request is sent. I would presume once document is provided these people would then go into background check.

There are two questions in my mind in stage 2. Does going to background check mean basic eligibility is passed? Considering it is almost 4 months I would atleast think they have passed the basic eligibility. Also is there any review by someone in between stage 1 and 2?

Probably a very good observation. I have also seen that after submitting schedule A, the applications went to BG check and in all these cases, people have got their applications approved.
Someone also threw some light over this eligibility in progress thing, which remained in progress until the guy got his PP stamped and dispatched by VO. As soon as his PP was stamped, the status of his profile changed to approved and closed.

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
hotshot007 said:

Interesting observation. I feel that once a person gets Background check in progress, it means that CIC is satisfied that he has provided all the documents. Additionally, it may mean that they will start doing a detailed review of the documents provided. Just my assumption ::)

hotshot007

Apr 6, 2015
vishalv said:
Interesting observation. I feel that once a person gets Background check in progress, it means that CIC is satisfied that he has provided all the documents. Additionally, it may mean that they will start doing a detailed review of the documents provided. Just my assumption ::)
You're probably right.

Although very inefficient process if until this time they are still figuring if the documents are complete :D what's the point of the initial check then.

Anyhow we are counting on the July people to shed some light on how long it takes to get from bg in progress to PPR ;D

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
hotshot007 said:
You're probably right.

Although very inefficient process if until this time they are still figuring if the documents are complete :D what's the point of the initial check then.

Anyhow we are counting on the July people to shed some light on how long it takes to get from bg in progress to PPR ;D
Touche. :D

Today marks exactly 3 weeks since I received notification of BG check in progress. One does wonder how much longer, one has to wait ;D

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
hotshot007 said:

Thanks for the observation. I was actually thinking about the same thing just 2 days ago. The biggest hurdle for the vast majority of applicants is passing the eligibility test. This is the stage where they assume that all your documents are valid, and then based on that assumption they see if you are eligible or not (e.g. have minimal funds, correct NOC code, all your required documents are there or are translated...etc). Once you pass the eligibility test, the final step is for them to check that 'you're not lying' basically... So they will try to verify your documents or translations. Of course if you're an inland this takes a lot of time because they can actually verify it by calling up most of the institutions that provided any documentation. For FSW outland, this 'verification/background' step usually takes anywhere between 5-15 days before they approve the application and send out PPR.

By the way, I slightly disagree with your observation that things have been going slower. I think the speed is the same, and actually when I looked into the timelines of US outland, I saw an interesting progress in speed. For example US May AOR's took ~140 days from AOR to BG... July AOR took 114 days from AOR to BG... August AOR seem to take 105 days from AOR to BG... (this is based on US applicants providing their timelines)... Today is my 106th day, so i'm really hoping that I get my BG started sometime this week....

Anyways, good luck to us all... This week August 10th to August 18th should have their BG's started.

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
ally89u said:
Nope no changes! Hope something happens this week though
Any updates to your BG? Mine still 'not started'... Hope we see some serious movement this week!

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
tomneversfield said:
For example US May AOR's took ~140 days from AOR to BG... July AOR took 114 days from AOR to BG... August AOR seem to take 105 days from AOR to BG... (this is based on US applicants providing their timelines)... Today is my 106th day, so i'm really hoping that I get my BG started sometime this week....

Anyways, good luck to us all... This week August 10th to August 18th should have their BG's started.
What's your observation for the number of days from BG to DM/PPR for FSW Outland with US ties?

And yes, BG for Aug 10th guys should have started this week given how aug 5th AORs got started on Nov 13th.

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
okbangaram said:
What's your observation for the number of days from BG to DM/PPR for FSW Outland with US ties?

And yes, BG for Aug 10th guys should have started this week given how aug 5th AORs got started on Nov 13th.
From the timelines I saw, US residents typically get PPR within 5-10 days of BG started. Are you a US resident or you just "have ties" to USA?

casoard

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomneversfield said:
Thanks for the observation. I was actually thinking about the same thing just 2 days ago. The biggest hurdle for the vast majority of applicants is passing the eligibility test. This is the stage where they assume that all your documents are valid, and then based on that assumption they see if you are eligible or not (e.g. have minimal funds, correct NOC code, all your required documents are there or are translated...etc). Once you pass the eligibility test, the final step is for them to check that 'you're not lying' basically... So they will try to verify your documents or translations. Of course if you're an inland this takes a lot of time because they can actually verify it by calling up most of the institutions that provided any documentation. For FSW outland, this 'verification/background' step usually takes anywhere between 5-15 days before they approve the application and send out PPR.
I hope that many of us will have their BG started quickly because the wait is stressfull and can be long without any news or ghost email. For instance, on Friday 27th, mine will be in progress for 8 weeks. I don't know what they are looking for...
Best of luck all!

ally89u

Jul 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-09-2015
Med's Done....
06-09-2015
tomneversfield said:
Any updates to your BG? Mine still 'not started'... Hope we see some serious movement this week!
Yeah finally!! My background status changed to in progress today! I posted it on the FB group as well :) excited! However I did not receive an email about it and my ecas is still not working.. don't think it ever will

Gabbana

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
07-10-2015
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Med's Done....
13-07-2015
ally89u said:
Yeah finally!! My background status changed to in progress today! I posted it on the FB group as well :) excited! However I did not receive an email about it and my ecas is still not working.. don't think it ever will
Awesome! What's your AOR date?

hotshot007

Apr 6, 2015
ally89u said:
Email comes approximately 24 hours after the status changed. That is how it turned out for me, I think generally update emails have a 24 hour lag. You will get the email tomorrow I believe.

Godweeno

Jan 24, 2015
Hi team, hope everything is working out well for everyone. I'm struggling to get an answer with my application. I applied on Aug 1st, got AOR on Aug 14 as FSW Outland but my BG check changed to in progress a week or so later. It has been in progress ever since. I got a ghost email about 10 days ago now but still no update. Can anyone offer some advice as to what might be going on please?