+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<FSW Outland - April & May 2017 AOR - Lets Connect Here>>>>>

SailTee

Aug 9, 2017
Hello guys,

I need your advice on an issue.

The problem is my passport has less than 6 months validity (about 5 month and 26 days to be exact) and I know for most visa applications your passport should be valid for 6 months or more. Problem is I've been on IP2 for some time now or and my fear is if I go and renew my passport now PPR mail might drop anytime.

So my question is should I send my passport like that if PPR mail drops or should I try to renew it before the PPR mail drops, also it takes about a week or more to renew my passport. Does it really matter if one's passport has less than 6 months validity? Will visa office stamp on a passport with less than 6 months validity?

Also, I definitely intend to travel before the expiry of my passport or expected visa expiry date.

LifeRacer

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
Hello guys,

I need your advice on an issue.

The problem is my passport has less than 6 months validity (about 5 month and 26 days to be exact) and I know for most visa applications your passport should be valid for 6 months or more. Problem is I've been on IP2 for some time now or and my fear is if I go and renew my passport now PPR mail might drop anytime.

So my question is should I send my passport like that if PPR mail drops or should I try to renew it before the PPR mail drops, also it takes about a week or more to renew my passport. Does it really matter if one's passport has less than 6 months validity? Will visa office stamp on a passport with less than 6 months validity?

Also, I definitely intend to travel before the expiry of my passport or expected visa expiry date.
PPR mail clearly states to have valid PP until 1year...suggest to get ur PP renewed so that u may submitt ur old and new PP together for stamping...

vishalphonsa

Apr 25, 2016
Pune, India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
IELTS Request
20-02-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
10-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2017
Guys lil help here plz. i received my rprf req on 14th of june, i submitted it in 2 days. but still till this date the status is like, the additional documents which u have sent us are being reviewed. is it normal?????????????
This is normal. 2 days is too short a timeline for you to expect a change :) Wait some more, ideally your status should change to IP2 soon.

Judsywudsy

Star Member
May 13, 2016
I agree with you my friend, but he is 38 days in IP1 not IP2!!!!, and for May people medicals pass was in 30-40 days, in April it was normal for everyone to get medicals in 60 days so that is understandable.
All he wants is just NA in Background, no IP2, no PPR, I think that is being very very patient. He is not even sure if his R10 is passed as yet, that is not normal my dear. I applaud his patience:)

As a veteran.... I do respect you view I will however disagree... each application is different and again the time frame is 6mths.... I have been in ip2 since July 12... still no ppr. Trends show persons getting their ppr in a matter of days... weeks later I am still here... application is not even approved... all I am saying is I understand the anxiety but we have to continue to be patient as it falls with the processing time that we were told

wareskhan

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-04-2017
Med's Request
23-06-2017
Seems that you already sent your passport for stamping am i right?if thats the case then its upto courier,a day to 3 at max in most cases
Yes, i submitted it already, on July 23rd. Today my cic account showed this change. So now it totally depends on the courier service?

Reactions: Wolverine17

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
As a veteran.... I do respect you view I will however disagree... each application is different and again the time frame is 6mths.... I have been in ip2 since July 12... still no ppr. Trends show persons getting their ppr in a matter of days... weeks later I am still here... application is not even approved... all I am saying is I understand the anxiety but we have to continue to be patient as it falls with the processing time that we were told
There are cases where IP2 guys kept on waiting for the PPR. Later on during a call with CIC, they came to know that email was sent, but it never reached to them.

There are the cases, where PPR email was sent to some different email ID (which was used by an applicant way back in their life like during student visa or something like of that)

Hence, just waiting patiently on IP2 does not make sense.

Realme

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
nigeria
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
16-05-2017
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
IP1-29-06-2017
Such a wonderful news @the_nick24!!! HUGE congratulations!! Yeah, I received my stamped passport yesterday!!:D:D So many posts to catch up:eek: I was totally off the internet last week. Left my job and was swept into shifting!! I think I need a cup of coffee while going through all these messages:p:p
Congratulations dear

Reactions: manali_pandit

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
You clearly missed the point there dear. The said person is not being impatient because of not getting a PPR or IP2, like rest of the lot!!!!!!!!!!!
He simply wants his IP1 to be over and know that he passed R10 thats all, his patience is commendable and he has every right to be impatient if he is! I have seen people getting impatient for PPR even knowing that their applications are approved and I support them also. If so was the case why every day we are discussing timelines daily and wanting updates etc. let's wait for 6 months and catch up later eh? Still we have the 80% loophole.
He might even be worried about a possible rejection here due to a long IP1 as it happens in some cases, we cannot assume what his condition is here, maximum rejections happen due to missing PCCs and he is not out of woods in even that one.

Ofcourse each application is different, and ofcourse we know the "6 month thing" and also that also applies to only 80% of cases, so CIC can never be questioned ever in that way. I am not here to defend CIC. If anyone is patient enough to wait 6-8 months happily without questioning, i admire them. But it is natural to worry, like i said you passed medicals when everyone else was passing at 60 days, what if you haven't passed it till date? Wouldn't you be worried my friend that something is not normal as all other files passed the medical way before yours? If not I say you are a saint and hats off, but most of us will be my dear. This is what the issue is here.
You are in IP2 waiting and there are many others here to accompany you as we are seeing a delay in PPRs these days, the said person is all alone in there, it is difficult. I think its each to their own and everyone has a right to express themselves here.

Also If someone has to wait 150 days to get PPR, yes its sad and unfortunate, but it does not mean we should look down upon people getting bit worried at fewer days, they have their own set of timelines to compare and own circumstances, I support everyone here and have never told off anyone even on 30 days also that you are impatient, maybe that person is new to the process and is scared seeing others at 30 days getting PPR, you never know! Let's not judge i say. If CIC had hard and fast timeline of 6 months everyone including the most impatient soul would wait quietly then:):)

techLover

Aug 29, 2016

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
@simran.001 You can probably write to Ottawa seeking an update on your application in a prescribed format. Many applicants, who did it in the past, happened to notice positive results soon after. The email ID of Ottawa and email's format could be found out in the previous messages of this thread.

@gurik & @KiranK Please see if you can suggest any better course of action here. Thanks.
I think NDVO does not responds to queries much, still you can try contacting them.