NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA received August 21, 2015
Hello Friends

I applied 2 weeks ago under CEC category. I was qualified for FSW and CEC. I have 498 points and will complete 2 years Canadian experience next month (NOC Code B).

I received ITA yesterday for FSW category. Can any one tell me if there is a difference between FSW and CEC in the new Express Entry system?

Which one is better? Is it worth declining ITA and waiting for invitation under CEC?

Please advise

Thanks

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Indura said:
Hello Friends

I applied 2 weeks ago under CEC category. I was qualified for FSW and CEC. I have 498 points and will complete 2 years Canadian experience next month (NOC Code B).

I received ITA yesterday for FSW category. Can any one tell me if there is a difference between FSW and CEC in the new Express Entry system?

Which one is better? Is it worth declining ITA and waiting for invitation under CEC?

Please advise

Thanks
Doesn't really matter. Most of the people who were qualified for both got an FSW ITA. Pretty much same documents required for both. At the end it is your call to decline or not. I would stick to this ITA and apply

Good Luck with your application

Indura

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA received August 21, 2015
manidhatt said:
Doesn't really matter. Most of the people who were qualified for both got an FSW ITA. Pretty much same documents required for both. At the end it is your call to decline or not. I would stick to this ITA and apply

Good Luck with your application
Hi Manidhatt

Thanks for the reply. Is there a processing time difference between the two options? I read on this forum that CEC is faster.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Indura said:
Hi Manidhatt

Thanks for the reply. Is there a processing time difference between the two options? I read on this forum that CEC is faster.
No. It might be different for Provincial nomination but for express entry it is the same processing time ie within 6 months or less

rdnsb

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indura said:
Hello Friends

Please advise

Thanks
There is an order of preference that CIC will follow in giving out ITA.

If you qualify for both FSW and CEC, you will be issued ITA under FSW only. I am trying to find out where I have seen this... but for sure there is an order.

it is not a good idea to decline and wait for CEC bcz you will never get that.

Guys correct me if I am wrong. when I see that i will paste here for the reference.

Dreams123

Aug 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rdnsb said:
There is an order of preference that CIC will follow in giving out ITA.

If you qualify for both FSW and CEC, you will be issued ITA under FSW only. I am trying to find out where I have seen this... but for sure there is an order.

it is not a good idea to decline and wait for CEC bcz you will never get that.

Guys correct me if I am wrong. when I see that i will paste here for the reference.
I am the one. I was qualified for both CEC and FSW but got invitation for FSW only.

afsar9930

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
I have a gaps in my employments. I have accumulated the 1yr Canadian experience with 3 different employers Between my first and second employment there is a gap of 11 days. Between 2nd and 3rd employment there is a gap of 8 days. So my experience won't be considered continuos which is the requirment for FSW

I made an EE profile and system made me qualified for both. Now incase I get an ita for fsw what should I do?

Also I have a question regarding how system reads dates. Let's say if I write my experience from June to July so is system taking it as
1st June to 1st July
30th June to 1st July
30th June to 31st July
1st June to 31st July

Vivimanisha

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Dreams123 said:
I am the one. I was qualified for both CEC and FSW but got invitation for FSW only.
Hi Dreams 123,

I received my ITA two days back and today I got mail from Cic that I am applicable under FSW.

Is there anyone who will be able to help ,me on the main difference between the two.

should I go ahead with FSW Or decline my FSW and proceed with EE.

thanks
M

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Vivimanisha said:
Hi Dreams 123,

I received my ITA two days back and today I got mail from Cic that I am applicable under FSW.

Is there anyone who will be able to help ,me on the main difference between the two.

should I go ahead with FSW Or decline my FSW and proceed with EE.

thanks
M
Fill up the details and it will generate your checklist. If you have all the documents then why would you want to decline the ITA. Declining option stays with your application until you submit it.

Fitztorious

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Indura said:
Hello Friends

Please advise

Thanks
CEC doesn't have POF requirements and seems to update more accurately in ECAS & MyCIC. I qualified for both but declined my initial FSW ITA for a CEC ITA.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Fitztorious said:
CEC doesn't have POF requirements and seems to update more accurately in ECAS & MyCIC. I qualified for both but declined my initial FSW ITA for a CEC ITA.
Your application is at the top speed. PPR in 2 months great. Congratulations

Fitztorious

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manidhatt said:
Your application is at the top speed. PPR in 2 months great. Congratulations
Thanks! To add to that CEC seems to have been quick for some people here on the forums here. I was extremely careful when submitting the documents and made sure to clarify anything in the explanation letter. It seems that the more careful and exhaustive you are in submitting your application, the quicker CIC processes it. Best of luck on the next draw. I don't see you waiting much longer.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Fitztorious said:
Thanks! To add to that CEC seems to have been quick for some people here on the forums here. I was extremely careful when submitting the documents and made sure to clarify anything in the explanation letter. It seems that the more careful and exhaustive you are in submitting your application, the quicker CIC processes it. Best of luck on the next draw. I don't see you waiting much longer.
Thanks. I will have to wait till second week of October. System awarded me points in advance ::)

nat29

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
I qualified under both, - FSW and CEC, but got invitation under FSW. There must be some directions there that CIC is following under which category to grant us ITA. If you reject the ITA under FSW this time, how do you know that the next ITA you receive will not be under the same FSW again?

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
nat29 said:
I qualified under both, - FSW and CEC, but got invitation under FSW. There must be some directions there that CIC is following under which category to grant us ITA. If you reject the ITA under FSW this time, how do you know that the next ITA you receive will not be under the same FSW again?
You will have to put Zero for funds and NO to valid job offer. This will make you ineligible for FSW