+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

hamid123456

Dec 17, 2016
I was just requested to provide police certificate from each country where I lived since the age of 18.

I received a police certificate from my country in Feb 2020 and never left Canada after that period. Is that ok to send the previous police certificate that I got in 2020, or do I need tp get an updated one?
+++++++

For police certificate from Canada, I need to provide a document from RCMP?

I remember we were required to submit police certificate when we first were applying for PR. So, is this the same thing but just updated documents?

Last edited:

cynefin109

Sep 16, 2018
When was your Eligibility, Criminality and Security were passed? What is the time gap between background check pass to portal email?
My online account is still showing everything in progress other than the medical. But the GCMS last requested in January had Eligibility as "Review Required" and Security was blank (assuming passed) all this time. Criminality was in progress as well. The GCMS notes I believe were back from November because the latest comment on them was before I recieved the ADR request and it was mentioned in that comment as well. No set timeline.

Lii

Mar 4, 2021
My online account is still showing everything in progress other than the medical. But the GCMS last requested in January had Eligibility as "Review Required" and Security was blank (assuming passed) all this time. Criminality was in progress as well. The GCMS notes I believe were back from November because the latest comment on them was before I recieved the ADR request and it was mentioned in that comment as well. No set timeline.
When was your medicals passed ? Also did you get any adr post it?

cynefin109

Sep 16, 2018
When was your medicals passed ? Also did you get any adr post it?
Medical was passed January 12, 2021 and never received any re-meds or medical change on the account. GCMS comments also mentioned an extension for in-Canada applicants.

recent_grad

Star Member
Dec 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
I was just requested to provide police certificate from each country where I lived since the age of 18.

I received a police certificate from my country in Feb 2020 and never left Canada after that period. Is that ok to send the previous police certificate that I got in 2020, or do I need tp get an updated one?
+++++++

I remember we were required to submit police certificate when we first were applying for PR. So, is this the same thing but just updated documents?
This ADR seems so confusing.

Did they request certificates only for those countries where you lived for more than 6 months? If so, you have probably already submitted them with your original application, right?

You definitely don't need to get a new certificate from your country, because you haven't visited it since your previous certificate was issued.
I don't think you need to provide them with the Canadian police certificate either - IRCC should have a direct access to it.

hamid123456

Dec 17, 2016

Did they request certificates only for those countries where you lived for more than 6 months? If so, you have probably already submitted them with your original application, right?

You definitely don't need to get a new certificate from your country, because you haven't visited it since your previous certificate was issued.
I don't think you need to provide them with the Canadian police certificate either - IRCC should have a direct access to it.
Yes, that's what they asked for

Yes, CIC website says I don't need a police certificate from canada, and in another link they say the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

So, why did they even request a police certificate, when I already uploaded it when submitting my application! :rolleyes:

I think I need to call IRCC support tomorrow (If I am lucky they answer my call!).

Last edited:

recent_grad

Star Member
Dec 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Yes, that's what they asked for

Yes, CIC website says I don't need a police certificate from canada, and in another link they say the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

So, why did they even requested a police certificate, when I already uploaded it when submitting my application! :rolleyes:

I think I need to call IRCC support tomorrow (If I am lucky they answer my call!).
Hope you’ll get a good IRCC support agent!

I guess worst case you could just re-submit your old police certificates + attach an explanation letter with all the references. At least this should be a trigger for them to finalize your application.

Just wondering: did you receive an email for this ADR? Or was this just a Ghost Update?

hamid123456

Dec 17, 2016

I guess worst case you could just re-submit your old police certificates + attach an explanation letter with all the references. At least this should be a trigger for them to finalize your application.

Just wondering: did you receive an email for this ADR? Or was this just a Ghost Update?
Yeah I received an email this morning (1 March). The date of message in my account was 28 Feb.

Last edited:
Reactions: recent_grad

sunnyavril

Star Member
Aug 30, 2020

+++++++

hey I have the same update..do they just need one from Canada or just want us to resubmit the old ones from application time

sunnyavril

Star Member
Aug 30, 2020

yeah It was very confusing because on cic website they are saying that you dont need one from time spent in Canada besides we are already here. I just submitted the 2 countries from before and and put an rcmp receipt there with the application number with an explanation letter.

sunnyavril

Star Member
Aug 30, 2020

GU for me and your action is required after.