+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

mzk_immigrate

Nov 26, 2021
'

Is this going to add another two years to our processing time? :rolleyes:

First they said it was because of Covid, then they said it was because of Afghanistan, and now they're going to say it will be because of Ukraine.
They want to focus on all crises except the Crisis that we are facing :(

rahul.ahuja

Mar 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2020
AOR Received.
24-11-2020
Med's Done....
20-02-2022
You had recently filed for mandamus right?
No, I haven't. I talked to a few attorneys and they suggested, wait until 20th Month mark.
If application processing time goes past 20 months, then think about filing.

rahul.ahuja

Mar 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2020
AOR Received.
24-11-2020
Med's Done....
20-02-2022
One of the in progress background check items is probably passed. It happened to me last week twice and then I called them and both Criminality and medical were passed but not reflected on my IRCC account.
. Thanks for this information.
What is your VO

KuntiD

Sep 1, 2021
I too was eligible for TR to PR under the essential jobs category.
What do you plan on doing?
I will write an email to my MP and explain everything since AOR (like not getting any updates, reapplying for WPs and visas, losing health coverage, etc.). I know many others did this without anything happening but I will at least try because the wait is frustrating.

Reactions: mzk_immigrate

Lii

Mar 4, 2021
No, I haven't. I talked to a few attorneys and they suggested, wait until 20th Month mark.
Thanks for the information. I am on 18th month starting March. I tried all ways like MP contacting IRCC last week. My application is stuck for security check post the second medical update in November. There is no adr or any update. Just stuck without any movement. My work permit renewal is in
Process, thinking of applying mandamus once that’s is through. I am honestly not expecting any movement now since their focus is shifted to Ukraine issue.

Reactions: HRP2020

mzk_immigrate

Nov 26, 2021
I will write an email to my MP and explain everything since AOR (like not getting any updates, reapplying for WPs and visas, losing health coverage, etc.). I know many others did this without anything happening but I will at least try because the wait is frustrating.
All the best!
Hope it works

Reactions: KuntiD

Chawla22

Jan 6, 2021
Hey guys, does anyone remember if at some point since we applied (2020 to 2021) that IRCC mentioned on their website they will be prioritizing applications from in-Canada persons and from those doing essential jobs? I'm planning to reach out to my MP for some help.
There is use of MP, they can just get the latest status of application but they can not help to prioritize at all, we have already tried to get in touch with MP apart from getting update every 60 days they can not help.

Reactions: KuntiD

sunnyavril

Star Member
Aug 30, 2020
mandamus doesn't work....it never really goes to that process it is always first contacting their point of contact which has no response for me.

althafme

Star Member
Jan 11, 2022
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
09-02-2021
AOR Received.
09-02-2021
Is there anyone who recently got approval for sowp and dependents outside canada? If yes, please share aor

lordTAS

Oct 7, 2018
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello, I am AOR July 16 2020.
Last time I checked, my application status is Security Not Started (Everything else is complete/approved)

I am debating if I should rush to extend my work permit as My BOWP expires early June.

I want to wait till last minute due to the fee, and I feel as though my application will be approved by then. Given the average processing time for work permit being 3-4 months, if I ever get to be in "implied" status, will it deter me from working and travelling?
As far as I know, you have to apply for bowp BEFORE current valid permit expires. Else you will have to stop working, restore your status ( which is not guaranteed), and apply for bowp again, which is not ideal.

@legalfalcon correct me if I’m wrong.

Note:TRV and Work permits are two different categories

Ref: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

HRP2020

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
November 13, 2020
As far as I know, you have to apply for bowp BEFORE current valid permit expires. Else you will have to stop working, restore your status ( which is not guaranteed), and apply for bowp again, which is not ideal.

@legalfalcon correct me if I’m wrong.

Note:TRV and Work permits are two different categories

Ref: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html
I have applied for BOWP and checked with service canada to extend SIN number. The officer told me: when you apply for BOWP before expiring your current WP, do not worry about SIN or your status or working. But if your WP expire you cannot apply for BOWP, I applied 20 days before expiring.

Totodonna

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
I applied to bowp one day before my work permit expired and I’ve been continue working without any problems. You can apply to bowp even the same day your wp expires.

HRP2020

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
November 13, 2020
Hello everyone. I applied for BOWP on October, more than 130days ago. Up to today, Eligibility was not srarted yet. Today it changed to " We are reviewing Eligibility ". Is it possible to get approval soon or it hase a long story the same as PR application? Please let me have your opinion. I need to travel to my home country because of an emergency issue.

rahul.ahuja

Mar 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2020
AOR Received.
24-11-2020
Med's Done....
20-02-2022
Hello everyone. I applied for BOWP on October, more than 130days ago. Up to today, Eligibility was not srarted yet. Today it changed to " We are reviewing Eligibility ". Is it possible to get approval soon or it hase a long story the same as PR application? Please let me have your opinion. I need to travel to my home country because of an emergency issue.
2 or 3 more days.

requiemforadream

Star Member
Oct 28, 2020
I wish I knew the answer Deepa !! Based on the updated in My Immigration Tracker I feel like applying under FSW category was my biggest mistake. They absolutely don't have any accountability towards applicants. For majority of FSW applicants status is exactly same from last 400+ Days. At the same time CEC and PNP applications are getting processed in less than 200 days. Come one !! Literally they have made mockery of all the FSW applicants. Ideally new plan should have some provision , Deadlines to clear all the backlogs but what they did they reduced FHS quota , I mean they are going to process 55K FHS application in entire 2022 , and they have backlog of 65K+ FHS application which means most of us will not get the COPR by the end of this year. Even if I get the PR now I have lost all it's charm !! Absolutely uncertain about the future
I totally get you, I started to question the entire purpose of my life... like why I am even in Canada? What do I expect from Canada? from life?

I spent four years of my life, and in the best-case scenario there are still at least 5-6 years for me to become a citizen. In total, it will take around 10 years??? They should at least reduce the eligibility times for citizenship for cases like ours!

I chose to come to Canada for their easy and transparent immigration process?? Oh man, now I don't even know what to do. I don't think I will be happy even if I receive the PR email after all of these unfortunate months destroying my mental health. Our file has not been touched since Jan 21 and the only way to trigger the process is by spamming the ministry with emails? Come on.

• Sad
Reactions: recent_grad and JSF