+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

Atooli

Jan 25, 2022
PR application : Ghost update. "Application updated"
Don't see any updates though.
One of the in progress background check items is probably passed. It happened to me last week twice and then I called them and both Criminality and medical were passed but not reflected on my IRCC account.

Reactions: maghool71

Lii

Mar 4, 2021
I just read that immigration minister saying from Jan 19 they had been accessing Ukraine situation and prioritizing applications impacted by the crisis. Now I realize why my application hasn’t moved post medical
Pass:( I have really lost hopes now this is really bad. Thinking of filing for mandamus as i
Have lost hope mine will be processed anytime soon.

D

Deleted member 1033589

I just read that immigration minister saying from Jan 19 they had been accessing Ukraine situation and prioritizing applications impacted by the crisis. Now I realize why my application hasn’t moved post medical
Pass:( I have really lost hopes now this is really bad. Thinking of filing for mandamus as i
Have lost hope mine will be processed anytime soon.
They just say that they processed 2000 applications from Ukraine residents since Jan 19. They can be visitor visas, study permits as well as PR applications. They didn't say anything about prioritizing those applications, just sharing numbers. I know it's hard but try to stay calm for your own wellbeing.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2022/02/additional-immigration-support-for-those-affected-by-the-situation-in-ukraine.html

Lii

Mar 4, 2021
They just say that they processed 2000 applications from Ukraine residents since Jan 19. They can be visitor visas, study permits as well as PR applications. They didn't say anything about prioritizing those applications, just sharing numbers. I know it's hard but try to stay calm for your own wellbeing.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2022/02/additional-immigration-support-for-those-affected-by-the-situation-in-ukraine.html
I have seriously lost my kool reading the news. Really worried now. It’s hard to stay calm after what they did to our applications so far giving excuses like covid and Afghan crisis.It’s 18 months wait now for me stuck for just background verification.

Reactions: maghool71

recent_grad

Star Member
Dec 21, 2019
Category........
FSW

FWIW, in the link that you've shared it is explicitly mentioned that IRCC has been prioritizing applications "for people with a primary residence in Ukraine".

Praying for Ukrainians! It's so heartbreaking to hear and see the devastating war unfolding in such a peaceful country :(

Reactions: vancovuer-applicant

ab995

Jul 9, 2018
FWIW, in the link that you've shared it is explicitly mentioned that IRCC has been prioritizing applications "for people with a primary residence in Ukraine".

Praying for Ukrainians! It's so heartbreaking to hear and see the devastating war unfolding in such a peaceful country :(
That not fully true. Checkout the statement posted on JT's instagram.

"we're urgently issuing travel documents for affected Canadians, permanent residents, and their immediate family members. And we're prioritizing immigration applications for Ukrainians who want to come to Canada. " This was pretty much expected though (Like I posted few days ago)

I really hope we get a response on our PR applications before they start using "Ukraine - Russia crisis" as a reason for delays.

All in all, I do sympathize with Ukrainians. Just hope IRCC doesn't use this as an excuse and process both humanitarian and general applications soon.

D

Deleted member 1033589

That's right. I somehow missed that part. Anyway, it's fair to prioritize applications from Ukraine considering the terrible situation there.

I can understand all the frustration many applicants have because of the long waiting time. My mom was diagnosed with cancer and passed away in 3 months. I couldn't visit her and could't even attend to her funeral because of this unfair processing. Really difficult times.

I'm really frustrated and drained, but still I find the prioritization for such humanitarian situations necessary and fair. As I watch the news with bombings, I feel terrible. I wish this crazy war ends soon.

Lii

Mar 4, 2021
That not fully true. Checkout the statement posted on JT's instagram.

"we're urgently issuing travel documents for affected Canadians, permanent residents, and their immediate family members. And we're prioritizing immigration applications for Ukrainians who want to come to Canada. " This was pretty much expected though (Like I posted few days ago)

All in all, I do sympathize with Ukrainians. Just hope IRCC doesn't use this as an excuse and process both humanitarian and general applications soon.
Same thoughts. This would now become another excuse for them to delay our applications. And only fsw is impacted badly by all this. It’s not about prioritizing other applications, Worry is our applications again being ignored without any processing like it was stuck last year.

mzk_immigrate

Nov 26, 2021
"
If you applied to extend your work or study permit online
If we approve your application, we send you a message in your online account and mail you your new work or study permit. You can apply for your visitor visa before your work or study permit arrives, but you must provide proof that your application has been approved, such as:

• a screenshot of your online approval
  • your application number
  • any other document that proves you have a valid and approved study or work permit extension"

**Also, if you haven't received your work permit copy, you should raise a web form or call IRCC.
"
If you applied to extend your work or study permit online
If we approve your application, we send you a message in your online account and mail you your new work or study permit. You can apply for your visitor visa before your work or study permit arrives, but you must provide proof that your application has been approved, such as:

• a screenshot of your online approval
  • your application number
  • any other document that proves you have a valid and approved study or work permit extension"

**Also, if you haven't received your work permit copy, you should raise a web form or call IRCC.
Thank you very much
I did raise a waebform and contact IRCC, they said my Work Permit was not delivered because I provided the wrong address (which i did not)
Then they asked me to apply for a replacement document, which got approved in mid January and I have still have not received the docment.

hamid123456

Dec 17, 2016
'

Is this going to add another two years to our processing time? :rolleyes:

First they said it was because of Covid, then they said it was because of Afghanistan, and now they're going to say it will be because of Ukraine.

Reactions: requiemforadream

Lii

Mar 4, 2021
'

Is this going to add another two years to our processing time? :rolleyes:

First they said it was because of Covid, then they said it was because of Afghanistan, and now they're going to say it will be because of Ukraine.
This was expected. As usual only some of us in fsw pool would be hard hit by this.

KuntiD

Sep 1, 2021
Hey guys, does anyone remember if at some point since we applied (2020 to 2021) that IRCC mentioned on their website they will be prioritizing applications from in-Canada persons and from those doing essential jobs? I'm planning to reach out to my MP for some help.

Reactions: mzk_immigrate

mzk_immigrate

Nov 26, 2021
Hey guys, does anyone remember if at some point since we applied (2020 to 2021) that IRCC mentioned on their website they will be prioritizing applications from in-Canada persons and from those doing essential jobs? I'm planning to reach out to my MP for some help.
I too was eligible for TR to PR under the essential jobs category.
What do you plan on doing?