+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

rWolf

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
Thanks for sharing this video. So insightful.

So for example, if your application is older than a year, you can ask for a Canadian police certificate beforehand and update your schedule A form and send them to IRCC before they ask you, so you will show them you’re still interested and skip the ADR step.

I wish I knew that before…
That part of the video I thought kinda "meh". I think it's good to be ready to submit any document whenever IRCC request that document, but send
any document just for sending, it does not make sense to me.

Especially RCMP Criminal Record Check. Both, IRCC and RCMP, ask that you don't take the check unless IRCC requests it.

It has been more than 2 years that I'm here, and my wife more than 1 year, and they only asked the check for my wife. So no, it's not because you are more than 6 months in Canada that they are going to ask it. They can ask, but I don't know how likely they are to ask it.

Lots of people got their PR approved without them asking it, only the last couple of months that they started to ask for it.

Reactions: upon

rWolf

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
Last edited:

Gazias

May 16, 2019
https://www.cicnews.com/2022/01/canadian-immigration-minister-to-make-an-announcement-on-modernizing-immigration-system-0121535.html#gs.o7pxqz

I don't know where he said that, but I guess we should let them know that they only have 2 months to reach the 1st quarter's target.

I watched the video and he said that number yes. I was shocked because I don't know how he will do it (because he also said that FSW is delayed and will likely to still be delayed throughout the year, they focused on the people in Canada -CEC- and they will continue to do so, but also will try to reduce the backlog by not inviting more people.

Reactions: vancovuer-applicant

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
I watched the video and he said that number yes. I was shocked because I don't know how he will do it (because he also said that FSW is delayed and will likely to still be delayed throughout the year, they focused on the people in Canada -CEC- and they will continue to do so, but also will try to reduce the backlog by not inviting more people.
A friend of mine just got their CoPR from Edmonton VO, CEC AOR Oct 2021... Only 3 months of waiting time... so I guess they are still prioritizing CEC.

rahul.ahuja

Mar 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2020
AOR Received.
24-11-2020
Med's Done....
20-02-2022
BOWP approved (for 2 years) for primary as well as secondary applicant.
50 mins after Background check status was updated to "Not applicable" the application was "Approved".
BOWP application date : 11 Sep 2021
Approved date : Jan 31st 2022

Pratik65

Jun 14, 2018
BOWP approved for primary as well as secondary applicant.
50 mins after Background check status was updated to "Not applicable" the application was "Approved".
Congratulations, have you received the physical copy yet or just approved status in portal? and how many year did you get the approval for?

rahul.ahuja

Mar 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2020
AOR Received.
24-11-2020
Med's Done....
20-02-2022
Congratulations, have you received the physical copy yet or just approved status in portal? and how many year did you get the approval for?
2 years. I think the physical copy takes 2 weeks.

rWolf

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
BOWP approved (for 2 years) for primary as well as secondary applicant.
Are you sure about background check showing as "Not applicable" is any sign for something?

I'm just asking because I have never had a GU or anything in my BOWP, and after I saw your message, I checked my application and it shows "Not applicable" for Background check as well. So I guess it was always like that?

althafme

Star Member
Jan 11, 2022
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
09-02-2021
AOR Received.
09-02-2021
Are you sure about background check showing as "Not applicable" is any sign for something?

I'm just asking because I have never had a GU or anything in my BOWP, and after I saw your message, I checked my application and it shows "Not applicable" for Background check as well. So I guess it was always like that?
I guess there will not be any change in any of the status whether eligibility or background check that was shown after submission until a decision is made.

Reactions: rWolf

Natashaa

Jan 23, 2022
Just got off the phone with Ircc to get an update on my PR application. So far passed medical, security and background check. Criminality in progress and Eligibility not started.
I’m additionally waiting for my bowp, no update on that.
Any idea how long would it take for them to complete Eligibility and criminality? Anyone in the same boat as me? My AOR is Feb 16 2021 VO Edmonton

rahul.ahuja

Mar 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2020
AOR Received.
24-11-2020
Med's Done....
20-02-2022

I am not sure if BG status has any link to the approval or not.
But since I submitted my BOWP application there was no change. This morning I got a ghost update and the only change was BG status.
I initially thought somebody started working on my application.

After 50 mins or so, I got another update.
The final decision : Approved.

Reactions: rWolf and althafme

althafme

Star Member
Jan 11, 2022
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
09-02-2021
AOR Received.
09-02-2021
Just got off the phone with Ircc to get an update on my PR application. So far passed medical, security and background check. Criminality in progress and Eligibility not started.
I’m additionally waiting for my bowp, no update on that.
Any idea how long would it take for them to complete Eligibility and criminality? Anyone in the same boat as me? My AOR is Feb 16 2021 VO Edmonton
Aor Feb 9,2021. All I know is from online status:
Eligibility is under review
background check in progress
You do not need a medical exam.

No info shared by ircc agent called 1 month back.
No info on gcms request submitted by MPs office to cbsa on mid of december.
No update on bowp submitted on oct 7, 2021.

only hoping bowp to come through by end of February

Reactions: Natashaa

Pratik65

Jun 14, 2018
Aor Feb 9,2021. All I know is from online status:
Eligibility is under review
background check in progress
You do not need a medical exam.

No info shared by ircc agent called 1 month back.
No info on gcms request submitted by MPs office to cbsa on mid of december.
No update on bowp submitted on oct 7, 2021.

only hoping bowp to come through by end of February
when did you apply for bowp?