Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Ok! So about 3 weeks. Have you heard back from IRCC since you uploaded your new documents?
No.

For those of you guys who might receive an ADR for a RCMP criminal record check, I’d recommend not contacting your local police agency but rather going to an accredited fingerprinting agency.
Yes

If you’re in Vancouver, I highly recommend Global Fingerprinting Services Canada on Grandville St and Pender, near the Waterfront station. They are very reactive, the service is top notch. Got an appointment the same day!
All the accredited fingerprinting services use same electronic means to submit the fingerprints to RCMP. You can contact RCMP to get a list of such services by emailing CCRTIS-SCICTR.

Reactions: Tumak

eduardo_brazil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2020
Toronto. Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-03-2020
Med's Done....
07-04-2020
Ok! So about 3 weeks. Have you heard back from IRCC since you uploaded your new documents?

For those of you guys who might receive an ADR for a RCMP criminal record check, I’d recommend not contacting your local police agency but rather going to an accredited fingerprinting agency.

If you’re in Vancouver, I highly recommend Global Fingerprinting Services Canada on Grandville St and Pender, near the Waterfront station. They are very reactive, the service is top notch. Got an appointment the same day!

Cheers.
Well, after an apparent definitive update on medicals, showing an approved date, to which I was truly believing the next update to be the Portal email, I received instead the ADR request, to my deep frustration. That was on December 14th, to which I submitted back in 2 days.

Now it’s been almost a month, dead silence. When I reflect back, after all that time (2 years) and they come back asking for Schedule A and the military exempt proof?!?!

Why do they need that at this point?!?

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
Well, after an apparent definitive update on medicals, showing an approved date, to which I was truly believing the next update to be the Portal email, I received instead the ADR request, to my deep frustration. That was on December 14th, to which I submitted back in 2 days.

Now it’s been almost a month, dead silence. When I reflect back, after all that time (2 years) and they come back asking for Schedule A and the military exempt proof?!?!

Why do they need that at this point?!?
Fucking insane.

eduardo_brazil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2020
Toronto. Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-03-2020
Med's Done....
07-04-2020
Fucking insane.
yes!! And I was so lucky to have brought all of those documents from my home country. What if I did not have with me the military dismissal certificate…

question to you guys: I do know that recent inland-CEC applications are going quickly (though they stop inviting none of those since September), but do you guys think that among our crazy batch 2019/2020, CEC apps are going faster than FSW?

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
yes!! And I was so lucky to have brought all of those documents from my home country. What if I did not have with me the military dismissal certificate…

question to you guys: I do know that recent inland-CEC applications are going quickly (though they stop inviting none of those since September), but do you guys think that among our crazy batch 2019/2020, CEC apps are going faster than FSW?
They almost cleared all CEC applications they have.

rWolf

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
Why? What is the difference between local police and accredited agency?

I went to my local police to collect my wife's fingerprint without an appointment on Jan 7th. It took about 20 minutes.

Reactions: Tumak

Rob24

Jan 17, 2022
Hey guys, I've been following this thread for some time and its reassuring to know there's many others out there dealing with the same frustrating situation! Hope we all get through this soon!
My timeline is as follows:
- FSW Inland
- AOR: May 18, 2020
- Medical passed first time: July 21, 2020
- Added Common-Law partner onto application via webform submission (including all relevant documents as per our immigration consultant): Oct 1st, 2020
- ADR for adding partner (Client Information form IMM0008): Oct 5, 2020
- First BOWP approved: Oct 16, 2020 (1 year extension)
- Biometrics submission: Oct 20, 2020
(then nothing for a long time...)
- Medical passed second time (extended?): May 5, 2021
- Ordered GCSM notes: Sept 27, 2021...never received them!
- Second BOWP approved: Nov 23, 2021 (2 year extension)
- Biometrics Collection Letter #2: Jan 13, 2022

This second biometrics collection letter request has thrown me off. My previous biometrics number is clearly displayed on my application profile, so I can't think of any reason why they want my biometrics again...other than perhaps requesting my common-law partner's biometrics?? However it is my name, not hers, that is clearly stated on this second biometrics collection letter request. Anyone else had anything like this??

kuanysh13

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
I had a call with a lawyer about filing a Writ of Mandamus. The guy said that the chances are pretty good, and they never had to escalate it past DOJ “agent,” so I’m optimistic. They will be sending a demand letter on my behalf this week. I will be posting more updates. The timeframe to get a response from the government body (IRCC in this case) is 4-6 weeks. Usually, it’s a decision, but sometimes, they can get back with a ”we need more time” response. Either way, I decided to do it as it’s not cost-prohibitive as I initially expected.

I will be posting more updates as I get them. Cheers

Reactions: erwin2020

AHHABB

Oct 9, 2018
I had a call with a lawyer about filing a Writ of Mandamus. The guy said that the chances are pretty good, and they never had to escalate it past DOJ “agent,” so I’m optimistic. They will be sending a demand letter on my behalf this week. I will be posting more updates. The timeframe to get a response from the government body (IRCC in this case) is 4-6 weeks. Usually, it’s a decision, but sometimes, they can get back with a ”we need more time” response. Either way, I decided to do it as it’s not cost-prohibitive as I initially expected.

Yes please keep us updated as I think I will be doing that next..

neil_user

Star Member
Mar 14, 2021

Can you give an idea of the cost and which agency did you go with? Thanks

sunnyavril

Star Member
Aug 30, 2020

did the same on November 1st.... but it never really goes into the writ of mandamus process, more like direct communication to the agent which I see so far is new medical date showing and schedule A requested. My friend did it in October, and she's approved in a month. Same July AOR same FSW inland. I am now patiently waiting for mine as holiday season did not help at all. hopefully by the end of the month, canada can actually work normal again.

kuanysh13

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
did the same on November 1st.... but it never really goes into the writ of mandamus process, more like direct communication to the agent which I see so far is new medical date showing and schedule A requested. My friend did it in October, and she's approved in a month. Same July AOR same FSW inland. I am now patiently waiting for mine as holiday season did not help at all. hopefully by the end of the month, canada can actually work normal again.
Thanks for sharing, that’s promising. Let us know how it goes.

mikefox299

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
For anyone that got an ADR, how long did it take for your status to change from "The additional documents provided have been uploaded" to something else?

I submitted my ADR last week and the status still hasn't changed. I'm assuming it will say they have been approved or something after they get reviewed.