+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

KitKat88

Sep 20, 2021
FSW Inland
-AOR 10th September 2020
-VO - Ottawa (from last GCMS notes received September 2021, not sure if its changed since then)
-Medicals passed (notes said passed, not sure when they were passed exactly)
-Medical extended in July 2021 - only secondary applicant got an IRCC email confirming medical extension, primary applicant did not. (We were worried why, but probably it doesn't matter)
-Ghost update #1 sometime in the summer of 2021 (did not check for months at a stretch)

**Got frustrated at this point, so did the following:**
-Webform update #1 in October 2021 when secondary applicant completed one full year of CEC eligible work ex (just to try and get a response/get them to -see the application)
Webform update #2 in November 2021 when primary applicant completed 1 yr of CEC work ex (for same reason)
-Requested for expedited processing at the MPs office on December 2nd 2021. Got no response from the MP.. But...
-Ghost update #2 on 23rd December 2021 (medical status did not change)
-Portal email on January 8th 2021. Which was a Saturday morning, 7 odd business days after last GU and medicals updated to passed on IRCC website
-Submitting photos and confirming address on portal today.

Information on this thread has helped me massively. So wanted to share this ray of hope and progress with all of you.
Thank you.

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
ask for GCMS notes if not done already.

Mine were showing that the agent wondered about my travels, marital status and address the same day than my medicals passed again (on Nov 10th) but I received an ADR on Dec 4th only…
i uploaded everything on dec 4th and no news since then. I requested GCMS notes on Dec 10th.

that confirms your theory, they can open your file again and completely forget about you again right away.
I got notes 3 times already.
The last one showed Review Required for eligibility. I can barely sleep since then wondering if the officer will mark it as passed or not.
I didn't receive any ADRs so far. I applied for new notes but who knows how long it's gonna take.

vancovuer-applicant

Jan 10, 2022
Just signed up to say I contacted our MP on email last week and today, her office called us and confirmed that per our request, they will send a note to the immigration office, asking that the government process FSW-inland applicants "on the same basis" as Canadian Experience and Provincial Nominee. This was pursuant to our original email in which we explained why it's unfair that we are getting extra delays despite currently living and working inside Canada.

So that's nice. Maybe that will trigger something.

If others make the same request from their MPs (instead of only asking them to follow your personal case) we'll have a better chance obviously.

Last edited:

doksh

Jul 11, 2020
Just signed up to say I contacted Joyce Murray, our MP in Vancouver on email last week and today, her office called us and confirmed that per our request, they will send a note to the immigration office, asking that the government process FSW-inland applicants "on the same basis" as Canadian Experience and Provincial Nominee. This was pursuant to our original email in which we explained why it's unfair that we are getting extra delays despite currently living and working inside Canada.

If others make the same request from their MPs (instead of only asking them to follow your personal case) we'll have a better chance obviously.
My MP is actually Joyce Murray, I might do the same thing as well

Reactions: vancovuer-applicant

AHHABB

Oct 9, 2018
Hello friends, I just noticed something in my old GCMS notes. I have received them twice in July and September 2021. It says the CoR, which I think is the country of residence is my home country and not Canada! Although my mailing address is correct and it shows my address in Canada. I have been residing in Canada continuously since 2015. Could you please confirm if your CoRs shows as Canada in your GCMS notes? I appreciate your quick response since I am quite nervous now!

D

Deleted member 1033589

Hello friends, I just noticed something in my old GCMS notes. I have received them twice in July and September 2021. It says the CoR, which I think is the country of residence is my home country and not Canada! Although my mailing address is correct and it shows my address in Canada. I have been residing in Canada continuously since 2015. Could you please confirm if your CoRs shows as Canada in your GCMS notes? I appreciate your quick response since I am quite nervous now!
I just checked my GCMS notes. My COR says Canada.

Lii

Mar 4, 2021
Mine is Canada only. It should show Canada if you are inland applicant.

AHHABB

Oct 9, 2018
I am asking about this sell guys, not sure why mine shows my home country!

Citizenship:
CoR:
Place of Birth
(City/Town):

HRP2020

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
November 13, 2020
Just signed up to say I contacted our MP on email last week and today, her office called us and confirmed that per our request, they will send a note to the immigration office, asking that the government process FSW-inland applicants "on the same basis" as Canadian Experience and Provincial Nominee. This was pursuant to our original email in which we explained why it's unfair that we are getting extra delays despite currently living and working inside Canada.

That’s great idea. Would you please share the format of your letter? Thanks

AHHABB

Oct 9, 2018
Thank you very much guys. I really hope this was the reason I am not getting any updates. I just sent a web form and attached some proofs of address in Canada. Let's see what's going to happen next!

Reactions: JSF

vancovuer-applicant

Jan 10, 2022
That’s great idea. Would you please share the format of your letter? Thanks
I didn't use a particular format. Just said I live in your district. We have had very long delays in our PR application.

Then I explained the situation in a paragraph, that the government has been prioritizing Canadian Experience and Provincial Nominee, understandably so perhaps due to Covid and international travel restrictions. But about 3600 of us FSW applicants, out of roughly 160 thousand, are inland and we are suffering delays for no reason, while the government can process all of our applications in just a week.

Then I said my request is the the MP be our voice asking the government to correct this unfair procedure and process our applications, FSW-inland people, at the same rate as Canadian Experience and Provincial nominee applicants since we are in the same situation as them.

So I think as long as you explain this in your own words, the message will come through.

Reactions: HRP2020

HRP2020

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
November 13, 2020
I didn't use a particular format. Just said I live in your district. We have had very long delays in our PR application.

Then I explained the situation in a paragraph, that the government has been prioritizing Canadian Experience and Provincial Nominee, understandably so perhaps due to Covid and international travel restrictions. But about 3600 of us FSW applicants, out of roughly 160 thousand, are inland and we are suffering delays for no reason, while the government can process all of our applications in just a week.

Then I said my request is the the MP be our voice asking the government to correct this unfair procedure and process our applications, FSW-inland people, at the same rate as Canadian Experience and Provincial nominee applicants since we are in the same situation as them.

So I think as long as you explain this in your own words, the message will come through.
Thanks for sharing your opinion
I will do the same

Deepa52

Star Member
Dec 16, 2020
I just had a chance to get in touch with the call center:
My status:
Eligibility: Not Started
Criminality: On Process
Info Sharing: On the process
Medical: Expired
Visa office: Was in Montreal and came to know that it Edmonton now
AOR: 5th Dec 2020
FSW Inland with inland Dependent
I am in Canada since 2015

Thanks, IRCC it been almost 14 months and you have not even bothered to touch my file

Last edited: