+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

rWolf

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
Join the club... It fukken sucks. I applied for RCMP of my wife on Dec 15th... Nothing till now. :( FML
I hope you get it soon. Hopefully the delay is only because of the holiday weeks, and you get the results this week or next week.

The worst part is that we have to wait it to be delivered in one of the most modern ways known to humanity: mail. :rolleyes:

I am surprised how letters (mail), fax and SMS are still a big thing here.

Just a couple of questions for you, if you don't mind:
  1. Where did you apply for RCMP? I have two options here, police or commissionaires.
  2. Did they say that the results are going to be mailed to you?
  3. Do they also send the results to IRCC?
The reason that I'm asking how the results are going to be delivered is because a friend of mine, when he applied through the provincial nomination (pre-pandemic), they also request RCMP for him, however, since his application was paper-based, the results were sent straight to IRCC, and he never got the results. He did not need to upload any document.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
  1. Where did you apply for RCMP? I have two options here, police or commissionaires.
1. Commissionairies
2. Yes
3. For citizenship they may do, for PR I don't know. I have seen some people whose application got resumed on its own, so I guess they did send it. But then a lot of people had to upload.

Reactions: rWolf

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
The worst part is that we have to wait it to be delivered in one of the most modern ways known to humanity: mail. :rolleyes:
And they mail untracked, by Canada post of all things. Canada post at time looses letters too. So... there is that too. IRCC wants it scanned and RCMP will send it in paper.

KuntiD

Sep 1, 2021
Anyone knows how long eligibility takes now? It's a year now since AOR for me and still eligibility "not started".

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
Anyone knows how long eligibility takes now? It's a year now since AOR for me and still eligibility "not started".
It depends on where your application is being processed. In Montreal, for example, they take longer to start eligibility, but once it's started, the processing has been taking 1-2 months, unless they need additional documents or review.

rahul.ahuja

Mar 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2020
AOR Received.
24-11-2020
Med's Done....
20-02-2022
same here. I've seen whenever the officer gets to it, it will most likely pass in 2 days or less.

Reactions: KuntiD

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I hope you get it soon. Hopefully the delay is only because of the holiday weeks, and you get the results this week or next week.

I am surprised how letters (mail), fax and SMS are still a big thing here.

Just a couple of questions for you, if you don't mind:
The reason that I'm asking how the results are going to be delivered is because a friend of mine, when he applied through the provincial nomination (pre-pandemic), they also request RCMP for him, however, since his application was paper-based, the results were sent straight to IRCC, and he never got the results. He did not need to upload any document.
Decent news.... Got the RCMP letters today.

Date of submission 15th December 2021
Recieved Letters 05th Jan 2021
Letters issued : 21st December 2021

Year end load delayed mail by 15 days.

rWolf

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
Decent news.... Got the RCMP letters today.

Date of submission 15th December 2021
Recieved Letters 05th Jan 2021
Letters issued : 21st December 2021

Year end load delayed mail by 15 days.
Awesome! Please, let me know the outcome after you submit the document to IRCC.

I'm hoping you get the portal email this week! :)

Just a few more questions:
  1. Do you know any pro and con from ordering from the police or the commissionaires?
  2. How much did you pay? Did you pay any extra fee to get the results by mail?
  3. Does it include the "Vulnerable Sector Search"? My ADR does not request it, so I guess there is no need for that, right?
I don't have any idea which province you live, but I live in Saskatchewan, probably it will take a decade for this letter to arrive. :(

Last edited:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
  1. Do you know any pro and con from ordering from the police or the commissionaires?
  2. How much did you pay? Did you pay any extra fee to get the results by mail?
  3. Does it include the "Vulnerable Sector Search"? My ADR does not request it, so I guess there is no need for that, right?
1. I went with commissionaires because police stations were not near by.

2. I paid 150 CDN for two people. I do not know if it was low or high. There was no extra to get results by mail.

3. BE VERY CAREFUL WITH WHAT YOU ORDER. Take the request letter from IRCC with you. If you are applying for PR, what you need is called Landed Immigrant Status (LIS) type of application. There are other types as well including "Vulnerablity Sector Search" but you do not need it. Just tell them that you need this for your PR application and here is your IRCC request letter. Other type of police check will not work.

pbhanot

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Depends upon country you’re applying from. For some it’s 20-25 days. You can check processing time on IRCC website for TRV. It’s something that still has some accuracy.
I am actually applying from inside Canada. I just received my bridging work permit and applied for the work visa to be specific. On the IRCC website I can only see the option for visitor visa not the work visa. Any idea regarding that? Thanks for the info!

rahul.ahuja

Mar 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2020
AOR Received.
24-11-2020
Med's Done....
20-02-2022
I am actually applying from inside Canada. I just received my bridging work permit and applied for the work visa to be specific. On the IRCC website I can only see the option for visitor visa not the work visa. Any idea regarding that? Thanks for the info!
Can you tell me when did you apply for bowp ?
Single or with spouse ?
And when was it approved.

Asking for myself as I applied on 11th sep 2021 and still waiting

pbhanot

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Can you tell me when did you apply for bowp ?
Single or with spouse ?
And when was it approved.

Asking for myself as I applied on 11th sep 2021 and still waiting
Hi, i applied just 2 days before you applied. I applied as a single applicant. It got approved today January 5th.

I think they should have given you a letter by the name of WP-EXT except PGWP. In it they stated that I am authorized to work until Jan 7th. I am guessing your application should be finalized near to the date mentioned in your letter. Same goes for you @PandaCacahuetes . I think your said January 12th right?

Reactions: PandaCacahuetes