+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

DogNotTheHot

Oct 14, 2021
PNP backlogged the same as FSW
Yes, you are right, but I am not talking about backlogged PNP. I am talking about jurisdiction: Provinces have jurisdiction over Provincial Nominees. If they call them out, IRCC has to draw them out of the pool.

Reactions: rWolf

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
This seems pretty promising: "IRCC looking to tackle Express Entry backlogs before resuming FSWP and CEC invitations" (https://www.cicnews.com/2021/11/ircc-looking-to-tackle-express-entry-backlogs-before-resuming-fswp-and-cec-invitations-1119698.html)
We have been taking abt this for past 6 months that it’s all politics. IRCC wanted face saving that it doesn’t fail 2021 targets and for that they sacrificed us. The irony is that IRCC keeps saying it prioritised applicants who are already in Canada but the ground reality is that it only prioritised 2021 applications and dumped all of previous years applications whether they’re in canada or not.

Reactions: requiemforadream

pruthv

Feb 16, 2021
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal (yes, the one which is dead - not be confused with dead slow! I mean, dead!)
AOR Received.
30-11-2020
Alright folks, I have an update! Just got Portal Confirmation email!

Sharing my timeline and things that happened recently...
FSW (Inland)
VO: Montreal
AOR: 30 November 2020

For 7 phone calls and 1 gcms note - there was no update at all.
I requested another gcms note which I received at the end of Oct which had some updates. Firstly, my VO got changed to Vancouver making Montreal secondary. Another was my eligibility had review required.
After too much thinking for days, I thought to be proactive and send them supporting documents for my eligibility rather than waiting out for them to ask me. I sent supporting documents along with a Letter of Explanation on Nov 15 via webform,... and to my surprise I got a response back on Nov 17 with Additional Document Request (ADR). Also, my cic account changed my medical status to passed on Nov 16 2021. I sent that ADR the following day on Nov 18.

Today, on Nov 25, I have received the portal email which was from Calgary.

Firstly, Thank you everyone here for coming together like a community to share our common pain. The pace at which things are going, I am really hopeful that everyone here will get the email soon, by the end of the year for sure! Especially those who are waiting from pre-pandemic, you people deserve pr along with a refund.

I will still be lurking around here once in a while, until everyone gets PR and this forum is dead.

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020

FSW (Inland)

I requested another gcms note which I received at the end of Oct which had some updates. Firstly, my VO got changed to Vancouver making Montreal secondary. Another was my eligibility had review required.
After too much thinking for days, I thought to be proactive and send them supporting documents for my eligibility rather than waiting out for them to ask me. I sent supporting documents along with a Letter of Explanation on Nov 15 via webform,... and to my surprise I got a response back on Nov 17 with Additional Document Request (ADR). Also, my cic account changed my medical status to passed on Nov 16 2021. I sent that ADR the following day on Nov 18.

Firstly, Thank you everyone here for coming together like a community to share our common pain. The pace at which things are going, I am really hopeful that everyone here will get the email soon, by the end of the year for sure! Especially those who are waiting from pre-pandemic, you people deserve pr along with a refund.

I will still be lurking around here once in a while, until everyone gets PR and this forum is dead.
Congratulations

Reactions: pruthv

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020

FSW (Inland)

I'm happy to hear that! Congratulations and thank you for sharing your timeline!

Just one doubt, did they request an ADR for the same documents you had provided (regarding your eligibility) or was it for something different?

Wishing you all the best!

Chawla22

Jan 6, 2021

FSW (Inland)

Congratulations
One approval gives hope to hundreds others..
May God bless us all and shower the Portal emails on everyone

pruthv

Feb 16, 2021
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal (yes, the one which is dead - not be confused with dead slow! I mean, dead!)
AOR Received.
30-11-2020
I'm happy to hear that! Congratulations and thank you for sharing your timeline!

Just one doubt, did they request an ADR for the same documents you had provided (regarding your eligibility) or was it for something different?

Wishing you all the best!
Thanks @JSF! I really hope yours come sooner.

So, they had two issues for eligibility.
1. Something related to past employment, for which I submitted documents.
2. They couldn't verify my Scotiabank letter for funds. So, I just provided explanation regarding it thinking it will be fine as it is Canadian bank.

Turns out, its not. They raised ADR for funds, asking me to submit latest letter in the format they wanted.

Tumak

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
Hey everyone,

So good to see all these COPR coming in for FSW applicants.

With the upcoming holidays, I guess many of us will fly back to there country of citizenship to visit their families over a couple of weeks or more.

What if we receive the portal email before leaving Canada or during our 2 weeks abroad?

Should we just not reply until we’re back to Canada? Do we have to reply to the portal email before a certain date?

Should we rather reply and confirm we are in Canada and then ask for a Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD)?

I’d love to hear your suggestions on that.

Thanks!

AHHABB

Oct 9, 2018
Hey everyone,

So good to see all these COPR coming in for FSW applicants.

With the upcoming holidays, I guess many of us will fly back to there country of citizenship to visit their families over a couple of weeks or more.

What if we receive the portal email before leaving Canada or during our 2 weeks abroad?

Should we just not reply until we’re back to Canada? Do we have to reply to the portal email before a certain date?

Should we rather reply and confirm we are in Canada and then ask for a Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD)?

I’d love to hear your suggestions on that.

Thanks!
Hi Tumak.. that's what I am planning to do. I am leaving early December. Was hoping to hear something before I go home. If this happens, I may postpone the travel. If I get portal email while away and still have more than a week before coming back, I will reply that I am away and attach flight tickets. If I will be back in less than a week will ignore the email and respond once I am back.

Reactions: Tumak

Tumak

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
Hi Tumak.. that's what I am planning to do. I am leaving early December. Was hoping to hear something before I go home. If this happens, I may postpone the travel. If I get portal email while away and still have more than a week before coming back, I will reply that I am away and attach flight tickets. If I will be back in less than a week will ignore the email and respond once I am back.
Hey AHHABB,

I saw many people ignoring the email for over 2 weeks and replying once they got back in Canada.

Apparently the first email doesn’t “expire”.

But if you do reply on the first email, then you will receive the 2nd one enclosing your portal credentials. From this 2nd email, you have only 7 days to upload your photos and confirm your address in Canada.

I might sound crazy but at this point, I almost hope I won’t get the portal email before January

mike93

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
Hey AHHABB,

I saw many people ignoring the email for over 2 weeks and replying once they got back in Canada.

Apparently the first email doesn’t “expire”.

But if you do reply on the first email, then you will receive the 2nd one enclosing your portal credentials. From this 2nd email, you have only 7 days to upload your photos and confirm your address in Canada.

I might sound crazy but at this point, I almost hope I won’t get the portal email before January
Guys, I am exactly in the same spot. I've heard many different opinions about it and one of the ways is to let IRCC know via a web form that you're planning to fly abroad and return. I did it this summer and as per the agent, there won't be any processing delays. I've tried to call IRCC this week to confirm the expiration date and processing delays once again, but it wasn't successful. Also, if your medicals expired and you didn't get any ghost update regarding the extension of medicals - you shouldn't worry., as from the data I saw, everyone receives a golden email a week after the extension of medicals...

HRP2020

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
November 13, 2020

FSW (Inland)

Congratulations

Reactions: pruthv

mikefox299

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Nov 03, 2020 AOR - Inland FSW.

Finally passed my eligibility according to latest notes received today. Date passed 09/22/2021, Ghost update October 1, 2021.

Montreal VO, no other progress on file since last year's medicals passed message

It took the lazy bastards exactly 56 days to get me my CGMS notes

Reactions: rWolf and upon

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
Nov 03, 2020 AOR - Inland FSW.

Finally passed my eligibility according to latest notes received today. Date passed 09/22/2021, Ghost update October 1, 2021.

Montreal VO, no other progress on file since last year's medicals passed message

It took the lazy bastards exactly 56 days to get me my CGMS notes
Almost 2 months waiting for notes and nothing.

Did you get an extension email from them? Did you order from IRCC?