Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Could anyone help me understand the deal with Primary and Secondary Offices?

According to what I read, Primary Office receives the application and transfers it to secondary offices for processing but the primary office makes the final decision.

On my GCMS notes, my Primary Office is Montreal and the Secondary is CIO Sydney, NS. However, when I called the IRCC helpline back in time, the agent told me that my file was received by CIO at Sydney, NS and transferred to Montreal after the medical were passed due to office capacity issues.

So I’m pretty confused… If my Primary office is Montreal, how Sydney Office received it first and transferred to Montreal?

Is there anyone who has an idea? @legalfalcon , I really appreciate it if you could help me understand.
It does not matter which VO the file is. Your file can be transferred to any visa office across IRCC network based on the requirements and staffing.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/file-transfer.html

Nameer khan

Jan 20, 2018
Hello everyone.
Fsw inland - AOR 15Dec2020
No update on profile asides MEP 19Jan2021.
Ordered gcms twice. Primary VO on both is Montreal. Secondary VO on 1st gcms is CIO and on 2nd is Ottawa.
Does this mean it’s Ottawa to issue COPR or Montreal?

Also on 2nd notes:
final decision-approved
Security: blank
Copr: not started - but there’s a document number, expiry date and a print queue number.
Last updated 08Jul2021.
Why is it taking so long to issue COPR and send portal email since app is already approved?
Please does anyone else have similar situation or insight? Thank you!

MY AOR IS DEC 17, 2020

Reactions: Xcallie

ani2325

Sep 27, 2021
Even 100 people $250 each = $25 000

According to recent surveys of Canadian lawyers, it can cost upwards of $10,000—$25,000 to take a lawsuit through the traditional litigation process and a trial(GOOGLE).

Not sure though if we can find 100 people to join.
I'm all in for going this route. How many have you got so far ?

SK49

Apr 10, 2018
AOR Feb 2020 and still waiting (FSW inland). I ordered notes in October 2020 and August 2021, both showed that Criminality was in progress and Security was not started...

Just applied for my 2nd BOWP .
I am in the same boat, FSW inland 2020. It is so frustrating. I am considering applying under CEC now.

AHHABB

Oct 9, 2018
AOR Feb 2020 and still waiting (FSW inland). I ordered notes in October 2020 and August 2021, both showed that Criminality was in progress and Security was not started...

Just applied for my 2nd BOWP .
So really what is that?! Is that express?! Is there any thing in life worth waiting for 20 months! These IRCC people need to be educated a lesson. I feel your pain, really. Almost 14 months now and can't tolerate it any longer. People with AOR 1 year after me already got it. Is that what we get for being better than them and ready to apply sooner!

SK49

Apr 10, 2018
AOR Dec 2019. Same status...

By the way, I see everybody wanting to do CEC (including me) but I think IRCC website is pretty clear about that: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=864&top=29
I know, but I have heard some people have applied under the CEC not sure if the got a positive response. I qualified for CEC in September last year but because of all this uncertainty, I have not applied. Now, I guess it is hard to remain patient. My ielts would also expire in few months so just thinking to give it a try.

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
AOR Dec 2019. Same status...

By the way, I see everybody wanting to do CEC (including me) but I think IRCC website is pretty clear about that: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=864&top=29
I'm not a lawyer, nor have I researched this topic in-depth, but the site states that one can not have two Express Entry profiles at a time.
Aren't our profiles taken off the EE pool once we receive an ITA and submit an application for PR?

I'm just wondering if "having two profiles in the pool" is the same as "having two applications for consideration".

SVSD

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
GTA, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA ( Last Checked)
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-03-2020
Med's Done....
11-03-2020
I'm not a lawyer, nor have I researched this topic in-depth, but the site states that one can not have two Express Entry profiles at a time.
Aren't our profiles taken off the EE pool once we receive an ITA and submit an application for PR?

I'm just wondering if "having two profiles in the pool" is the same as "having two applications for consideration".
This is the exact difference between the two. having two applications is fine. It is just I think you have to accept one at the end when you apply for PR card. That is what I have seen in posts online.

Reactions: JSF

shervinkh

Oct 20, 2020
Based on my previous readings (in this forum), applying to multiple streams is only allowed when not both of them are express entry (non-PNP). People said they were rejected when applied for CEC while having FSW in progress. Please let us know if your second (CEC) application was approved when having a FSW in progress.