+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

Nameer khan

Jan 20, 2018
Hi there,

I sent an email to the Press Secretary of IRCC to request a Press Release or Public Notice on some common questions we have all been asking. If more people could request answers to the same questions, we may at least learn what’s happening with FSW inland applications.

I copied my email below so that you could also send the same email to request information if you wish. They may not reply to each applicant, but if they keep receiving the same questions, they might decide to answer them all at once, who knows…

Link for e-mail attachment: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B_vsaShv_rjnDsNotH0hQrIKefQO3U8O/view?usp=sharing

EMAIL ADDRESS: alexander.cohen@cic.gc.ca

SUBJECT: Request for an IRCC Press-Release on Behalf of 4,000 Future Canadians

Dear Mr. Cohen:

I am writing to request information in the form of a press release or a public notice on a very confusing issue regarding IRCC. Let me explain the situation in more detail.

I am an Express Entry FSW Stream PR applicant residing in Canada. I have been waiting for a decision for ………… days. More importantly, there are almost 4,000 FSW-Inland applicants in this same situation, which puts us all in limbo.

I am aware that answering the questions of each individual applicant would be impossible. Therefore, instead of case-specific questions, I decided to share some very general questions listed below to which almost all FSW-inland applicants expect an answer.

As the Press Secretary to the Minister of Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship, could you please enlighten us with a general notice or press-release?

OUR COMMON QUESTIONS

1- When we call the IRCC helpline, voicemail clearly tells that PR applicants applying from within Canada are prioritized. Is this correct? If so, why are FSW-Inland applications not processed at the same pace as CEC applications?

2- Why are CEC applications made in 2021 finalized in 2-3 months (proving document obtained through ATIP is attached) while FSW Inland applications are on hold for over 8 months - some even more than a year?

3- How could you so drastically reduce CEC processing times during so-called “severe capacity restrictions”? – CEC average processing times before COVID was 8 months, while it is 2-3 months for the first quarter of 2021 – see attached file.

4- Why does IRCC prefer processing 2021 CEC applications in record times instead of focusing on the backlog of PR applications that were made from within Canada?

5- When we ask for the status of our applications through IRCC web forms, most are replied that their files are being processed actively; however, GCMS notes show that most of our files haven’t been touched for months. We can tell by experience that there is obviously a policy about not processing FSW applications, regardless of the location of the applicant and dependents. Why aren’t we informed properly about this policy?

6- How could IRCC explain the procedural fairness in processing the most recent applications faster while keeping old applications on hold although they are in Canada and hence exempt from travel restrictions?

7- When are you planning to process FSW-Inland applications at the same pace as you have been processing CEC applications?

For months, we have been waiting in the dark with no explanation and no response to our questions except the very same generic COVID-excuse email. As the tax-paying residents and future citizens of this country, we kindly request some clear and logical answers to above questions in the form of a press release or public notice.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
I applied for GCnotes on 26th July and I haven't heard back. whats the processing time of GC notes nowadays?

MY AOR was: December 17, 2020.

shervinkh

Oct 20, 2020
I applied for GCnotes on 26th July and I haven't heard back. whats the processing time of GC notes nowadays?

MY AOR was: December 17, 2020.
It has always been 30 days. You'll receive it on August 26 or 27. Unless it's one of those cases they request extension.

nitin1304

Mar 12, 2020
You need to check my signature for FSW..
CEC I applied 25 June
Biometric is done
They are reviewing my medical at the current stage.
I had to give IELTS and medicals
That's great. Wanted to check why do you need to give medicals again? Can't you reuse medicals from last 5 years?
( Honestly, because of medicals waiver and biometrics waiver, I am thinking of applying for CEC)

Tanatos14

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
COPR received

Feb 2020 AOR -FSW inland, Ottawa CPC
Eligibility passed March 2020
Request for additional document (schedule A, Imm5669) in April 2021
Medical extended on portal in May 2021
In June 2021 my MP office requested an update and I found out criminality and security were passed
Though GCMS notes in July I learned that security and criminality were passed sometimes in April 2021
First PR portal email august 3rd
Second email August 10
COPR August 12th

Good luck everyone

TAJBIR

Aug 11, 2021
You need to check my signature for FSW..
CEC I applied 25 June
Biometric is done
They are reviewing my medical at the current stage.
I had to give IELTS and medicals
Thanks brother ... plz updating us regularly as ur file move ,,,, because i creates some hopes for us because lot of us planning to go CEC .... i am planning at the last of next months
May be u will got ur copr by dat timee hope for the best but plz keep updating us

Deepster2303

Nov 30, 2018
Hi there,

I sent an email to the Press Secretary of IRCC to request a Press Release or Public Notice on some common questions we have all been asking. If more people could request answers to the same questions, we may at least learn what’s happening with FSW inland applications.

I copied my email below so that you could also send the same email to request information if you wish. They may not reply to each applicant, but if they keep receiving the same questions, they might decide to answer them all at once, who knows…

Link for e-mail attachment: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B_vsaShv_rjnDsNotH0hQrIKefQO3U8O/view?usp=sharing

EMAIL ADDRESS: alexander.cohen@cic.gc.ca

SUBJECT: Request for an IRCC Press-Release on Behalf of 4,000 Future Canadians

Dear Mr. Cohen:

I am writing to request information in the form of a press release or a public notice on a very confusing issue regarding IRCC. Let me explain the situation in more detail.

I am an Express Entry FSW Stream PR applicant residing in Canada. I have been waiting for a decision for ………… days. More importantly, there are almost 4,000 FSW-Inland applicants in this same situation, which puts us all in limbo.

I am aware that answering the questions of each individual applicant would be impossible. Therefore, instead of case-specific questions, I decided to share some very general questions listed below to which almost all FSW-inland applicants expect an answer.

As the Press Secretary to the Minister of Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship, could you please enlighten us with a general notice or press-release?

OUR COMMON QUESTIONS

1- When we call the IRCC helpline, voicemail clearly tells that PR applicants applying from within Canada are prioritized. Is this correct? If so, why are FSW-Inland applications not processed at the same pace as CEC applications?

2- Why are CEC applications made in 2021 finalized in 2-3 months (proving document obtained through ATIP is attached) while FSW Inland applications are on hold for over 8 months - some even more than a year?

3- How could you so drastically reduce CEC processing times during so-called “severe capacity restrictions”? – CEC average processing times before COVID was 8 months, while it is 2-3 months for the first quarter of 2021 – see attached file.

4- Why does IRCC prefer processing 2021 CEC applications in record times instead of focusing on the backlog of PR applications that were made from within Canada?

5- When we ask for the status of our applications through IRCC web forms, most are replied that their files are being processed actively; however, GCMS notes show that most of our files haven’t been touched for months. We can tell by experience that there is obviously a policy about not processing FSW applications, regardless of the location of the applicant and dependents. Why aren’t we informed properly about this policy?

6- How could IRCC explain the procedural fairness in processing the most recent applications faster while keeping old applications on hold although they are in Canada and hence exempt from travel restrictions?

7- When are you planning to process FSW-Inland applications at the same pace as you have been processing CEC applications?

For months, we have been waiting in the dark with no explanation and no response to our questions except the very same generic COVID-excuse email. As the tax-paying residents and future citizens of this country, we kindly request some clear and logical answers to above questions in the form of a press release or public notice.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Done! Thanks for sharing and taking the initiative...

Deepster2303

Nov 30, 2018
COPR received

Feb 2020 AOR -FSW inland, Ottawa CPC
Eligibility passed March 2020
Request for additional document (schedule A, Imm5669) in April 2021
Medical extended on portal in May 2021
In June 2021 my MP office requested an update and I found out criminality and security were passed
Though GCMS notes in July I learned that security and criminality were passed sometimes in April 2021
First PR portal email august 3rd
Second email August 10
COPR August 12th

Good luck everyone
Congratulations! Great news!

rogang

Aug 12, 2021