AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020

Lii

Mar 4, 2021
For probably the 10th time, I guarantee you the reason they are not processing FSW Inland is because their system is not configured to split the FSW applicants into different queues by COR. That, or something similar. We just got unlucky that there is some technical or process constraint.

And there are not enough of us to make it worthwhile for them to change. We will just have to wait until they start processing FSW in general.
Yeah this is the fact mostly. I called IRCC last week to check the status. asked on the cec parallel application as well. They said one can do that. But the agent was like your application is more than 60 percent processed, upto you whether to again apply under cec:) I however don’t plan to take all the effort again for paper work and spend again on IELTS to medicals. 11 months now waiting on this application and really can’t redo all the work again

sus2727

Dec 20, 2018
How did you guys withdraw your fsw application and how much time does it take.
Yeah this is the fact mostly. I called IRCC last week to check the status. asked on the cec parallel application as well. They said one can do that. But the agent was like your application is more than 60 percent processed, upto you whether to again apply under cec:) I however don’t plan to take all the effort again for paper work and spend again on IELTS to medicals. 11 months now waiting on this application and really can’t redo all the work again
What is the contact number you used. I tried a few times and it is always busy

NicoHughes

Star Member
Apr 13, 2020
Remember agents do not represent IRCC's official opinions, they are probably just hourly paid contractors, that's why you application is evaluated by an officer, not some random call center person.

ariocar

May 3, 2020
I don't want to discourage anyone who's going to apply under CEC, but my understanding is FSW and CEC are both Express Entry (EE). If you plan to go the normal way, you'd have to withdraw the FSW, go back to the pool of candidates, update your file to include Canadian Experience, get another ITA then apply! Otherwise you will have to create a new GCkey account and open a new Express Entry application, but is this fine?? I hope anyone who got clarification from IRCC has stressed on the fact that he will be opening a new account and have two express entry applications in parallel. I was told by an IRCC agent that you can have multiple different applications as long as you're welling to pay the whole fees and not expecting to get full refund on the other ones. That was when I asked him about TR to PR program in parallel to EE. BTW, I ended up applying to TR to PR in the last minute, no AOR or any news about that one as well.
@legalfalcon what's your opinion on this?
Please advise.

D

Deleted member 1033589

Hi there,

I sent an email to the Press Secretary of IRCC to request a Press Release or Public Notice on some common questions we have all been asking. If more people could request answers to the same questions, we may at least learn what’s happening with FSW inland applications.

I copied my email below so that you could also send the same email to request information if you wish. They may not reply to each applicant, but if they keep receiving the same questions, they might decide to answer them all at once, who knows…

Link for e-mail attachment: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B_vsaShv_rjnDsNotH0hQrIKefQO3U8O/view?usp=sharing

EMAIL ADDRESS: alexander.cohen@cic.gc.ca

SUBJECT: Request for an IRCC Press-Release on Behalf of 4,000 Future Canadians

Dear Mr. Cohen:

I am writing to request information in the form of a press release or a public notice on a very confusing issue regarding IRCC. Let me explain the situation in more detail.

I am an Express Entry FSW Stream PR applicant residing in Canada. I have been waiting for a decision for ………… days. More importantly, there are almost 4,000 FSW-Inland applicants in this same situation, which puts us all in limbo.

I am aware that answering the questions of each individual applicant would be impossible. Therefore, instead of case-specific questions, I decided to share some very general questions listed below to which almost all FSW-inland applicants expect an answer.

As the Press Secretary to the Minister of Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship, could you please enlighten us with a general notice or press-release?

OUR COMMON QUESTIONS

1- When we call the IRCC helpline, voicemail clearly tells that PR applicants applying from within Canada are prioritized. Is this correct? If so, why are FSW-Inland applications not processed at the same pace as CEC applications?

2- Why are CEC applications made in 2021 finalized in 2-3 months (proving document obtained through ATIP is attached) while FSW Inland applications are on hold for over 8 months - some even more than a year?

3- How could you so drastically reduce CEC processing times during so-called “severe capacity restrictions”? – CEC average processing times before COVID was 8 months, while it is 2-3 months for the first quarter of 2021 – see attached file.

4- Why does IRCC prefer processing 2021 CEC applications in record times instead of focusing on the backlog of PR applications that were made from within Canada?

5- When we ask for the status of our applications through IRCC web forms, most are replied that their files are being processed actively; however, GCMS notes show that most of our files haven’t been touched for months. We can tell by experience that there is obviously a policy about not processing FSW applications, regardless of the location of the applicant and dependents. Why aren’t we informed properly about this policy?

6- How could IRCC explain the procedural fairness in processing the most recent applications faster while keeping old applications on hold although they are in Canada and hence exempt from travel restrictions?

7- When are you planning to process FSW-Inland applications at the same pace as you have been processing CEC applications?

For months, we have been waiting in the dark with no explanation and no response to our questions except the very same generic COVID-excuse email. As the tax-paying residents and future citizens of this country, we kindly request some clear and logical answers to above questions in the form of a press release or public notice.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Hi there,

I sent an email to the Press Secretary of IRCC to request a Press Release or Public Notice on some common questions we have all been asking. If more people could request answers to the same questions, we may at least learn what’s happening with FSW inland applications.

I copied my email below so that you could also send the same email to request information if you wish. They may not reply to each applicant, but if they keep receiving the same questions, they might decide to answer them all at once, who knows…

Link for e-mail attachment: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B_vsaShv_rjnDsNotH0hQrIKefQO3U8O/view?usp=sharing

Dear Mr. Cohen:

I am writing to request information in the form of a press release or a public notice on a very confusing issue regarding IRCC. Let me explain the situation in more detail.

I am an Express Entry FSW Stream PR applicant residing in Canada. I have been waiting for a decision for ………… days. More importantly, there are almost 4,000 FSW-Inland applicants in this same situation, which puts us all in limbo.

I am aware that answering the questions of each individual applicant would be impossible. Therefore, instead of case-specific questions, I decided to share some very general questions listed below to which almost all FSW-inland applicants expect an answer.

As the Press Secretary to the Minister of Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship, could you please enlighten us with a general notice or press-release?

OUR COMMON QUESTIONS

1- When we call the IRCC helpline, voicemail clearly tells that PR applicants applying from within Canada are prioritized. Is this correct? If so, why are FSW-Inland applications not processed at the same pace as CEC applications?

2- Why are CEC applications made in 2021 finalized in 2-3 months (proving document obtained through ATIP is attached) while FSW Inland applications are on hold for over 8 months - some even more than a year?

3- How could you so drastically reduce CEC processing times during so-called “severe capacity restrictions”? – CEC average processing times before COVID was 8 months, while it is 2-3 months for the first quarter of 2021 – see attached file.

4- Why does IRCC prefer processing 2021 CEC applications in record times instead of focusing on the backlog of PR applications that were made from within Canada?

5- When we ask for the status of our applications through IRCC web forms, most are replied that their files are being processed actively; however, GCMS notes show that most of our files haven’t been touched for months. We can tell by experience that there is obviously a policy about not processing FSW applications, regardless of the location of the applicant and dependents. Why aren’t we informed properly about this policy?

6- How could IRCC explain the procedural fairness in processing the most recent applications faster while keeping old applications on hold although they are in Canada and hence exempt from travel restrictions?

7- When are you planning to process FSW-Inland applications at the same pace as you have been processing CEC applications?

For months, we have been waiting in the dark with no explanation and no response to our questions except the very same generic COVID-excuse email. As the tax-paying residents and future citizens of this country, we kindly request some clear and logical answers to above questions in the form of a press release or public notice.

Sincerely,
I am in this boat with you but nothing we do is going to make a difference we just have to wait. Maybe if they still aren't processed by next spring we can make some noise

Nameer khan

Jan 20, 2018
Hi there,

Dear Mr. Cohen:

OUR COMMON QUESTIONS

Sincerely,
Done !

Reactions: Doyen_Toronto