Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2020
AOR Received.
24-11-2020
Med's Done....
20-02-2022
I am in the same boat though PNP. While applying under pnp I had already qualified under CEC but that time IRCC hadn’t shown the great great generosity of 75 CRS. Now I am sitting with 1000 CRS for past 8 months with no update for past 6 months and seeing CEC guys gettiing PRs in 6 weeks. The anxiety and frustration was so high that I filed another application under CEC last month and I won’t be surprised if I get PR under CEC before my pnp application gets kind attention of the IRCC agent. This is the only thing that I could do at this stage.
And yes, I did call IRCC to confirm if I could file another application.
when did you apply for CEC ? and have you seen any movement on your CEC file ?

Lii

Mar 4, 2021
Similarly, I’ve been eligible for CEC since February. Back in February, I read a bunch of posts saying that the same individual cannot apply twice for two different EE streams.
But I also just stumbled upon this recent thread where @legalfalcon suggests that it is technically fine to create two GCKey accounts, and apply more than once: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/applying-under-cec-for-pr-after-having-one-application-under-ee-pnp-already.736766/
I saw in September aor group someone with sep 29 AoR get PPR. It’s a fsw outland application where the person is in USA. Vo was Ottawa. I think they are processing Fsw applications. I really can’t put effort now for a new application under cec, would rather wait:) After all this wait really can’t go over the process again.

Reactions: guelphite and SVSD

Ahmed H

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hi folks,

AOR Sep 19 2020
Eligibility passed on Nov 25 2020
Medicals passed Oct 2020 but expired on July 2021 and it’s updated that they don’t need a medical exam for now
Security and criminality has not started yet
——-

ordered GCmS back in Apriland I can see the info Sharing was in progress with diff partners. Is it possible that they’ve already started but didn’t update the section of my BGC? Or I will wait forever :(
Any COPR for recent FSW inland recently?

Hamidishfaq

Dec 16, 2019
Hi folks,

AOR Sep 19 2020
Eligibility passed on Nov 25 2020
Medicals passed Oct 2020 but expired on July 2021 and it’s updated that they don’t need a medical exam for now
Security and criminality has not started yet
——-

ordered GCmS back in Apriland I can see the info Sharing was in progress with diff partners. Is it possible that they’ve already started but didn’t update the section of my BGC? Or I will wait forever :(
Any COPR for recent FSW inland recently?
Hey Ahmed,

I am in a very similar situation myself. AOR April 2020, 5 months before yours lol.
Eligibility passed in July. Biometrics were taken from the study permit time and updated in Oct. Info sharing is done but not reviewed by the office since no one touched the file. Medical expired in March and was extended for a year based on the recent GCMS notes I received. Apart from that everything is as-is. I have seen some people here and there who received their COPRs so I am hoping that is a sign that they have started to process FSW slowly. I am expecting and hoping that they'd pick up the pace starting next month since the universities are announcing some in-person classes which means they'd be issuing visas to international students and also start processing FSW.

Best of luck, :)

rahul.ahuja

Mar 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2020
AOR Received.
24-11-2020
Med's Done....
20-02-2022
June 20. Medical passed last week.
Please keep us posted. If your application is approved in 2 months or so and mine doesn't move. I will most likely follow you and apply in CEC as well.

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
It seems like they are processing less and less of the FSW applications each month. Unfortunately, the data doesn't separate it into Inland and Outland.

PS: I created this chart using a worksheet from Canada's open data portal.

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
This is the very same information but displayed in percentage.

I hope they get back to processing FSW at a faster pace soon.

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
This is the very same information but displayed in percentage.

I hope they get back to processing FSW at a faster pace soon.
Great work really appreciate for sharing this information. I also hope that FSW - Inland processing should start.

Sitrarose

Feb 5, 2021
Hey Ahmed,

I am in a very similar situation myself. AOR April 2020, 5 months before yours lol.
Eligibility passed in July. Biometrics were taken from the study permit time and updated in Oct. Info sharing is done but not reviewed by the office since no one touched the file. Medical expired in March and was extended for a year based on the recent GCMS notes I received. Apart from that everything is as-is. I have seen some people here and there who received their COPRs so I am hoping that is a sign that they have started to process FSW slowly. I am expecting and hoping that they'd pick up the pace starting next month since the universities are announcing some in-person classes which means they'd be issuing visas to international students and also start processing FSW.

Best of luck, :)
I does not seem that they stopped working or they have lack of staff anymore as we see every day some of 2021 applicants or outland applicants including international students receive COPR, they just stopped working on 2020 applicants, I am not sure why!!! It does not related to office or university closures at all.

jaschraiber

May 31, 2021
Hello to everybody,

I am too waiting for the clearance of my final stages (background and security check, all the rest is passed) and today, searching on the immigration page, I found something that may be the reason why we FSW-Inland are not seeing progress.

So, if you look into where it says who can enter Canada at this moment, it says that the only people allowed to enter Canada are citizens, PRs, Indigenous people and protected people. Also, there are some exceptions with US citizens and other places, but they have to pass some eligibility issues.
Then, if you take a look at "Permanent residence applications we are still processing" the last item says that only people who have received CoPR are PR, which makes sense, but also adds that "We didn't send a letter (this is CoPR) if you weren't exempt from travel restrictions."

So, although we are ALREADY here in Canada, it seems like we are not exempt from travel restrictions (if we leave for any reason, they probably wouldn't let us get back until they clear all the restrictions). I know this is a Catch-22 situation because we are already here, so we are at the same time exempted from travel restrictions and are not, but it seems now clear to me that they are not going to move with our applications until at least September 7 when they will lift most of the travel restrictions.

I also think that people in the CEC streamline are in the same situation as us, but for some reason, they don't seem able to filter FSW-Inlands from FSW-Outlands. I know this is a horrible situation we are all in, but at least I think the end is now clearer.

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
It’s n
Hello to everybody,

I am too waiting for the clearance of my final stages (background and security check, all the rest is passed) and today, searching on the immigration page, I found something that may be the reason why we FSW-Inland are not seeing progress.

So, if you look into where it says who can enter Canada at this moment, it says that the only people allowed to enter Canada are citizens, PRs, Indigenous people and protected people. Also, there are some exceptions with US citizens and other places, but they have to pass some eligibility issues.
Then, if you take a look at "Permanent residence applications we are still processing" the last item says that only people who have received CoPR are PR, which makes sense, but also adds that "We didn't send a letter (this is CoPR) if you weren't exempt from travel restrictions."

So, although we are ALREADY here in Canada, it seems like we are not exempt from travel restrictions (if we leave for any reason, they probably wouldn't let us get back until they clear all the restrictions). I know this is a Catch-22 situation because we are already here, so we are at the same time exempted from travel restrictions and are not, but it seems now clear to me that they are not going to move with our applications until at least September 7 when they will lift most of the travel restrictions.

I also think that people in the CEC streamline are in the same situation as us, but for some reason, they don't seem able to filter FSW-Inlands from FSW-Outlands. I know this is a horrible situation we are all in, but at least I think the end is now clearer.
It’s about inland/Outland anymore. It’s all politics now. And we, applicants from 2020 months whether pnp or fsw are victims. IRCC has simply put us under the bus on the pretext of COVID while processing 2021 applications including CEC and pnp

D

Deleted member 1033589

Hello to everybody,

FSW - INLAND

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
Hello to everybody,

I don't think so this is the reason.

- All FSW - Inland's are work permit holders and valid work permit holders can travel to Canada. I know many folks who have travelled to Canada during the pandemic.

- In a situation where FSW - Inland applicant has to leave the country , applicant can come back on valid work permit and stamped passport. ( Few outliers who does not have passport stamp ) but vast majority has the stamp on passport. Reason for this is folks will be eligible for FSW - Inland within first year of work permit , Folks will more than 1 years of Canada Exp. will go for CEC. And generally passport stamp is valid for 2 years if you apply from USA it is valid for 3

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
I don't think so this is the reason.

- All FSW - Inland's are work permit holders and valid work permit holders can travel to Canada. I know many folks who have travelled to Canada during the pandemic.

- In a situation where FSW - Inland applicant has to leave the country , applicant can come back on valid work permit and stamped passport. ( Few outliers who does not have passport stamp ) but vast majority has the stamp on passport. Reason for this is folks will be eligible for FSW - Inland within first year of work permit , Folks will more than 1 years of Canada Exp. will go for CEC. And generally passport stamp is valid for 2 years if you apply from USA it is valid for 3
Yeah 100%. To be FSW - Inland you have to have residence. To have residence you need a long-term permit of some sort - student. work, something less common idk.

FSW-Inland aren't getting processed because
1. FSW are not getting processed (reasons unclear - I have no real idea)
2. IRCC's internal system was not built to differentiate between Inland/Outland within a stream. (my guess - pretty confident, I work in tech)

Fingers crossed something changes. There are still poor people with some December 2018 AORs who haven't gotten CoPR... all outlanders, I think. I would have given up long ago if I were them. We are in better shape, at least.