+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

mikefox299

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
It seems most FSW inlands have at least passed eligiblity. I'm Nov 2020 AOR and my file hasn't even been touched since medicals passed in Dec 2020. Eligibility and everything else is not started. Anyone else in my shoes?

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
It seems most FSW inlands have at least passed eligiblity. I'm Nov 2020 AOR and my file hasn't even been touched since medicals passed in Dec 2020. Eligibility and everything else is not started. Anyone else in my shoes?
I'm Dec 2020 AOR. The last update was the medical passed and biometrics in Jan 2021. No news after that.

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
Hi,
I got my reply today. If you wish, I can email it to you.
IRCC has denied my request. Following is their response.

“We regret to inform you that we are unable to process your request because the Access to Information and Privacy division only provides copies of immigration documents; the IRCC office does not respond to questions. Should you have any questions or concerns regarding your immigration matters, please contact our call center at 1-888-242-2100 or visit the IRCC website at the following link:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/.

Please confirm if you would like us to continue processing your request for your requested documents.

AND

We require that you specify whether your request is limited to the permanent residence file or if you are also seeking other immigration records. If so, please provide the associated file number(s) or additional information such as the date and location the application(s) was (were) submitted.”

It’s getting interesting now as IRCC IS DISCRIMINATING by responding to questions by one applicant and denying that it responds to questions to the other applicant. And it happens with a gap of 24 hours so I assume there’s no policy change on this. Maybe @legalfalcon also finds this interesting.

Ahmed H

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon and everyone,

I need a crucial advice to help me decide for this move. I have in progress FSW-inland application (inland dependent “spouse”) with AOR Sep 19 2020. The updates on my file are the following:
1) Eligibility is conclusively passed
2) Medicals are passed last Oct 2020; however, it is expired on July 14 2021 and got updated in my file that they don’t need medical exam after it was previously stated as passed.
3) Security and Criminality have not started yet.
The application almost passed the 10 month processing as it is remarked as in progress.

- my spouse (has a valid visa and valid SOWP based on mine’s validity) are planning to have a vacation for 8 weeks outside the country from mid Aug till mid Oct.
My questions are:
1) if I am here and my wife overseas; I know the final approval decision can not be made until all applicants are inside Canada. So, if we got the portal confirmation email while she or both of us are overseas to declare our residence inside the country, can we hold on responding to this email with the declaration until we come back with our valid visa? If so, is there any expiry given to the link provided to the portal confirmation email so that we can have a bit of days to come back and reposed with the relative information while being inside Canada?

2) regarding medical examination: shall we hold on it until IRCC request us to do it again or go ahead and do it upfront?

3) We have uploaded RCMP PCC upfront but since my spouse will be out of the country for 60 days; is it good to redo it again before she leaves?

4) Is it normal that officer might work on the background check but the account isn’t updates yet and suddenly all got cleared at once without prior updates in my account related to our background check.

5) What will happen if we are given eCOPR through CIC account (old traditional way) while I am here and my dependent being abroad. Can she still come back with her eCOPR with her valid visa and permit although our application is marked to be inland applicants since our country of residence still Canada?

The reason of travel is for my sister wedding which crucial to her to have me and my family support her in that day; and I came to know that if I report that issue of travel; my application could be on hold and not to be in progress anymore. I am really so hesitant whether I should go ahead and book a flight or not but I am sick of waiting without any shade of light is coming through.

Please help me with your advice to wisely decide about this move. It will be very very very much appreciated. Thank you all and especially @legalfalcon for the continuous help in enlightening us throughout the whole process.

hellokady

Mar 25, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Sydney
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
I think I got a ghost update today. Status said "Application/profile updated" but there was no update. It's now back to "submitted". Does it mean someone is working on my application or is it a glitch?

AOR: August 1st 2020
FSW inland

I think the visa office is Ottawa.

NicoHughes

Star Member
Apr 13, 2020
I think I got a ghost update today. Status said "Application/profile updated" but there was no update. It's now back to "submitted". Does it mean someone is working on my application or is it a glitch?

FSW inland

That's a good news, at least far better than no news at all.

• Haha
Reactions: Holy Cow

silpa

Jul 12, 2017

FSW inland

what time was it? usually about 12am EST the applications go to this stage. Many people have observed that. If it is during another time, then its a positive hope.

MCNR

Star Member
Jul 21, 2021

FSW inland

I've also got one ghost update on July 15 around 5 PM but no change or update. I requested my MP to inquire about my application status and got the standard reply that Eligibility is Passed, criminality - In progress and Security - Not started. May be this ghost update is related to officer updating notes about MP inquiry.
AOR: October 26, 2020
FSW Inland.

Reactions: hellokady

hellokady

Mar 25, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Sydney
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
what time was it? usually about 12am EST the applications go to this stage. Many people have observed that. If it is during another time, then its a positive hope.
I didn't receive any email. I logged in around 2pm and saw the ghost update.

AHHABB

Oct 9, 2018
I didn't receive any email. I logged in around 2pm and saw the ghost update.
I am hoping it's a real one, and officer picked your file for processing/finalizing.. Do you mind sharing your current application status? And when was the last update in your file? All the best.

Lii

Mar 4, 2021

FSW inland

I had got similar one late June. But so far didn’t see any change in my profile. I had called IRCC too, they said the same status as. Before. Really no clue what was it for. Mine is also Ottawa VO.